4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect.
I bought this as a present for my wife who was always asking me the distance from her ball to the pin. Its certainly compact and to be honest this is its major weakness. If you have perfect 20/20 vision then its great. However, for us mortals its small size does make reading from the trolley almost impossible. It does what it claims although it did not have a pond hazard...
Published on 4 Nov 2012 by Casashoebox

1.0 out of 5 stars after sales
I bought my g6 in april 2013 after 10 months it broke down completely no screen unresponsive to any command after a great deal going back and forth to garmin they sent me a refurbished replacement which after a couple of months has completely packed up contacted manufacturers only to be informed that the guarantee has ran out for this reason alone I would advise any one...
Published 6 months ago by D. Corkhill

5.0 out of 5 stars garmin g6, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
does exactly what it says on the tin touch screen anywhere for pin point distance.quick to change from hole to another good battery would recommend g6 to all golfers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gizmo!, 12 Mar 2013
Mrs. B. D. Hollidge "Drama Queen" (Beckenham, Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
I have now been using my Garmin approach for a few months. Inspite of the fact that my handicap is a lowly 26, I have found it extremely useful in helping me to decide which club to use. Also, the overall picture it gives of each hole is very helpful. If I had once criticism, it would be that, I have just come back from playing in Marrakech. When I got to the first course I played, it was still showing that I was on my own course back in the UK. It took it a few minutes to realise exactly where I was! Then, when I returned to the UK and played my own course last week, it was showing me as still being on the last course I played in Marrakech. Again, it took a few minutes to realise where I was. However, this is only a small niggle and it wouldn't stop me from recommending this gadget to other people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
Having now used the unit for 3 months on a variety of courses, I can say I find it really useful. I particularly like the ability to move the cursor to calculate lay up shots.

It is also nice to stand on the 1st tee and instantly find the correct course and I have done this in both UK and US on about 15 different courses without fault.

Garmin: It would be a nice feature to be able to start on the 10th without having to page through 9 holes, and displaying time would be useful (I take off my watch when playing) which would also indicate pace of play.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing faults and poor support, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
From quite early on this device did not keep it's charge for a complete round. I returned it but it did not improve significantly and on the last round it spontaneously rebooted and lost my scores on the 15th hole! It is a shame as the features are very good, especially the green view and shot measurement. However it is too unreliable and I am going to look for an alternative - with good support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
Only used it once too wet on course, seemed to work great, easy to set up, picked my course out as soon as turned on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good unit., 25 July 2014
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
Delivered promptly at good price. Set-up instructions pretty straightforward, but needs to be used on the golf course first to get the hang of it properly.
So far it is doing exactly "what it says on the tin" and appears to be a good unit for the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Manual is rubbish but a little experimentation shows it is actually quite easy to use, 5 Dec 2014
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
Took ages to find a satellite signal when first turned on but eventually did. Manual is rubbish but a little experimentation shows it is actually quite easy to use. Very useful data on the device and good shot tracking and distance info. Main problem is the connection to Garmin Connect - to actually view your stats - is a nightmare. Does not work with Safari or Chrome Browsers. Interface is as user-friendly as iTunes, i.e. not at all. Come on Garmin, surely this is something which would be really, really easy to fix????

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
Used a couple of times now and finding it very usefull. A few anoying things make it a bit unfriendly when looking to stored data.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good GPS, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
I bought the Garmin Approach G6 GPS for my husband for Christmas. After checking a number of different products and their reviews I chose this one for price, good reviews and because you do not need to pay for updates as they are done automatically. My husband loves this and finds it easy to use. Although this GPS is a little on the small side my husband was still able to read it ok even without his glasses.

4.0 out of 5 stars A confidence booster, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS (Electronics)
Knowing the exact distance to the green/hazards ensures you strike the ball with more confidence leading to more successful shots.
Please create a holder that fits all trolleys so the device is easy to read as you walk along the fairway; the holder is useless on my HillBilly trolley

Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Golf GPS