5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny.....
I feel as though I have just upgraded my old mini for a Ferari, having swopped a Russell Hobbs twin mini hotplate for this sleek looking piece of kit.

Published 22 months ago by Henrydogsnores

1.0 out of 5 stars Built in Obsolescence Writ Large.
Now I happened to have loved this item, compact, powerful and easy to clean - perfect for my small kitchen, however... *just* over a year later I find the front casing wearing away with wear.
The buttons to turn it off/on, control the temperature etc have literally worn through for both hobs. This purely from using it, almost daily, to cook my dinner & being as...
Published 9 months ago by TheBev

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny....., 11 Sep 2012
This review is from: Andrew James Digital Electric Double Induction Hob 2800 Watts

Okay, first things first. Nowhere could I find the overall dimensions of this hob when I first saw it here on Amazon, nor on the supplier's web site, so I took a risk as I wanted something big enough to take two very large pans, yet small enough not to take up all the workspace. It measures 58cm x 35cm so I hope that is of help to someone. It is just the right size to achieve exactly what I wanted.

The quality of construction seems fair, though not being used to induction hobs, I was not expecting the whole casing to be made of plastic. However, it is not cheap and tacky plastic and now it is in place, it looks very smart. One or two have commented on the noise of the fan it uses - well I get an idea of what they mean insofar as the fan does make a noise, but actually I think it is more the fact that it has a fan which seems more strange than the fact the fan makes a noise itself. Don't worry, it doesn't sound like an industrial one and you don't really notice it once you get used to the fact it exists!

The cooking instructions are very simple though I have not had it long enough to experience the temperature variations whilst cooking. In truth, the main thing I wanted was something which would actually cook some things with an element of speed and high heat, and to be able to fry a piece of steak rather than watch it boil in its own juices as I had to do with the previous hob which would briefly get hot enough, but the thermostat meant the heat would cut out for up to three or four minutes after that, which is too long. There is not the same problem here.

The litmus test was simply to put a pan with 3" of water in it and wait for it to boil. Previously it would take 7-8 minutes, this nice little hob did it in under a minute!! I also like the fact that if you take the pan off the hob, the heat cuts out so with very effective direct heat, plus the cut out, it will actually cut down on the electricity you use.

If there is a negative I can't find it as, for the price, it is very much good value for money and as far as delivery is concerned, well I live in France ( the UK plug isn't a problem ) and despite an indication it would arrive up to a fortnight later subsequent to my placing the order, it was on my doostep within 5 days. Marvellous!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy customer!, 31 July 2012
I have been using the dual induction hob for a couple of weeks now, and can honestly say it has been such a brilliant purchase. Having had my gas cooker pack-up on me, I wanted something as responsive as my gas hob once was. Comparing the two, I would say that the induction hob is more responsive. The quality of workmanship is extremely high, and so easy to clean. A truly five star product, and thoroughly recommended! Just make sure you have saucepans that are induction hob compatible, or they simply won't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing hob!, 20 Jun 2012
No more time waiting for frying pan to heat up, and no more energy waste after cooking as it cools down super fast.
No need to cook with with high temperatures yet, as the low ones are more then enough. Great to know I can keep the temperature stable if needed.
Looks very sleek and sturdy. Plenty of space for 2 pots. I'm so happy with my new hob!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy! Even happier now!, 16 Feb 2013
My hob arrived quickly and I was very happy with until I tried to use the second hotplate which turned out to be faulty. Phoned Andrew James and got a replacement the next day. Very impressed with their service. The new product works perfectly and I love it.
Have now been using the hob for a couple of weeks. It's brilliant! Instant temperature control and goes so low I can slow cook on it too. It's by far the best hob I've ever had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product and Service but Crazy Instructions!, 18 Jun 2012
Very experienced induction users but now with AGA which was out of action. So this double induction cooker was just the job. Arrived in double quick time and worked out of the box. But the instructions are a hoot!

There are no fewer than 18 "Do nots" with several repetitions and sundry other "Nevers" and "Make Sures". And a clearly illegal stricture that the cooker must be returned in the original colour box for repairs under Warranty. That is not required under UK Consumer Protection Law as long as an item is sent securely packaged.

No advice given on power sharing between the two hobs; you find out by experience that the first hob to be set to "10" restricts any attempt to set the other above about "6". Haven't used it comprehensively to find out all about this since the AGA is back in action for a few weeks until the summer (Ha Ha) arrives.

An attractive product that works well but the instructions are almost worthless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value induction hob., 28 Feb 2012
I. L. Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
I have used a single induction hob for a couple of years now, and bought this as an upgrade.
Next day delivery from Andrew James, which impressed me. Lovely looking hob, very sleek with a glossy ceramic cooking area. Works very well, fan a bit noisy but that's what I expect from an induction hob. No complaints so far, no error messages - yet!
Price was brilliant - excellent value for what appears to be a quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James Digital Eclectric Double Induction Hob, 20 Dec 2012
Ms. M. Leask - See all my reviews
I am extremely pleased with my hob. I am able to regulate the heat so that it will bring things to the boil fast and then, if required, lower the heat to a gentle simmer, something which was near impossible with my previous single induction hob made by another company. It is easily wiped clean and goes well with other appliances.

5.0 out of 5 stars induction hub, 16 April 2012
So far very happy. Profesional look. Easy to clean and use. Lots of settings(temperature and heat). I will recommended to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Double induction hob, 28 April 2012
This product offers great value for money, having used a full size induction hobs for many years this product is less than a 1/4 of the price. It does all the function of a full size hob allowing you to control by power settings or by temperature which is a good feature. It could be suggested that the output power is a little low but is far quicker than any electric hob I know and as quick as gas for heating up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new product, 6 Aug 2012
Works really well. Great opportunity to clear out all the old pots etc. Would have been helpful if the instructions had said what happened if you used the wrong type of pot ie it just did not work. Like the idea that it switches off if you lift the pot off.