4.0 out of 5 stars Last for years and pass from one child to the next.
Published 22 months ago by JK

3.0 out of 5 stars nice calendar
bought for lego mad son who loved it but difficult to keep all the bits together, makes a change from chocolate!
Published 7 months ago by alan coxon

4.0 out of 5 stars Last for years and pass from one child to the next., 17 Oct 2012
JK "Julie K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
This is my 2nd LEGO advent calendar for Christmas 2012. We bought the Star Wars advent for my great-nephew in 2011, and he enjoyed it so much that this year we've bought LEGO Friends for his sister and LEGO City for him. What drew me to this set was all of the activity. There are 6 traditional LEGO figures, dressed as firefighters, and what I particularly liked is one of the figures is female....no sexism here! The toys include Santa on his sleigh, a Christmas tree, wrapped parcels, a tiny plastic fire to extinguish and, my favourite, a desk with computer and coffee mug. There are so many stories that kids can make up with these bits and pieces. LEGO advent calendars aren't cheap when you compare them with the traditional chocolate ones but, the fun doesn't end when the chocolate does!!! I always mention with LEGO that you do need to be careful of all of the tiny plastic components. They're easy to lose and to tread on. If they manage to keep all of the little bits and pieces together, and in decent condition, then box up the calendar later in the year (when they've finished playing) and put the set away. They last for years. My younger grandkids are going to love these calendars when they're old enough...that's another reason I buy LEGO...you just keep on recycling it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than chocolate!, 30 Sep 2012
S. Gamby (Poole, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
I buy one of these every year for the kids, it's a bit of a tradition in our house, and the quality, quanity, colour and abundance of Lego never fails to please. It's better than chocolate advent's any day.

5.0 out of 5 stars lego advent calender, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
We bought one of these in October and decided to use it as a reward calender for our son. His behaviour improved dramatically as he knew if he was good as school, he got to open a window and build something. Worked brilliantly, but we're out of windows now! He enjoyed everyday and now plays with the lego on the background picture provided.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very soft Granny, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
Well I have resisted these for a while because of the cost, but I've given in this year and decided to treat the grandchildren. I normally buy the traditional calendar ( no chocolates) but they love their Lego so much - it's going to be a one off. Prompt delivery and well packaged. Its a substantial box and there are nice little figures to collect when they open the doors each day. I hope it lives up to expectations (we'll see in December ) but I'm sure they will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
This being an advent calendar my son has not opened it yet ( on 13th November 2012 today), but I bought the Lego Star Wars for him last year and he absolutely loved it. The toys make a very nice change from the traditional cholcolate advent calendar. I would highly reccomend this advent calendar from LEGO.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego city advent calendar, 10 Nov 2012
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
Purchased 2 of these calendars for my 2 grandsons to open on 1st December, being as they are avid Lego collectors I know they will be very happy with these items, the fun and surprise is in opening up a different window everyday to see what Lego figure you can put together for that day

2.0 out of 5 stars did not get much attention, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
bought this for my 4.5 year old son, who is a big fan of lego. he forgot to open them on most of the days except for the first few. contents are not particularly exciting as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice calendar, 27 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGO City Advent Calender, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
Great Gift without sweets and a great game
A really Great idea for a grandaughter
Doesn't upset tjhe parents .

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice to having chocolate!, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar (Toy)
Wanted to find an advent calender which was a little different and NOT chocolate! This allows you to make a piece every day although small and build a little city to play with and then add to your lego collection! Have bought one 2 years in a row now (different cities). My boy gets excited every morning seeing what will be in there!

LEGO City 4428: Advent Calendar