on 20 November 2012
This piece looks fantastic when displayed! A really good size for those who like larger Lego sets, really good minifigures (even if two of them are droids) - the General Grievous is particularly impressive with his detailed face and his four lightsbares, as well as Count Dooku, who I've never seen in another set yet.

In terms of building, is a decently complex and interesting build that should satisfy those who like a challenge (I'd imagine younger children may need some help).
In terms of playability, it's not really a set you can swoosh around because it is quite heavy once completed. However, there is a built-in handle on the top, so moving it around is possible, but smaller hands may drop it if it's used for vigorous play. it does have missiles on each side, but I found these to be a bit tricky to operate; mine keep sticking every so often. The lid does lift off to reveal the inside though, so it can still be played with using the migifigures to stage an on-board battle.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this one for collectors and people who like to display their Lego due to its fantastic finished look and its complex build.

I'd perhaps not recommend this one for younger children; it's not the most durable set, and it is complex to build. I think there are other models that they could have more fun with.
on 27 September 2013
My seven year old saved up all his christmas, birthday and pocket money to buy this set and he couldn't be more pleased with it. It is impressively big when it's built and has an integrated carry handle, which makes it easy to move around. The detailing is fabulous and you get a good selection of mini figures with it. It took him two days to build and he managed the vast majority of it on his own. Best lego set we've had so far (and we've had quite a few!).
on 15 February 2013
My 10 year old LOVES this and as with most lego loved assembling it. Especially the handle so he can pick it up safely!
on 3 December 2012
bought this product for my 10 year old sons birthday he loves it wanted it for a long time needs help to build
on 15 March 2013
My son loves it and managed to do it in a few hours so it was perfect for his age - 7. no regrets!!
on 2 January 2014
This was bought for my lego mad 5 year old sons christmas present after weeks of asking for it, it didn't disappoint! This is a good size ship and looks very impressive when constructed. It has about 1100 pieces and took me a while to build it, it was an enjoyable build and not too repetitive and wasn't the most difficult I have done. Whilst building it you can't help but be amazed at the detail, the mechanism for the firing cannons on each side is sublime and very very clever! This set has good playability and doesn't break every time you touch it, it has a small handle to allow you to fly it around if you wish. I would recommend this set but wouldn't pay full price for it, it's worth £80 it's a long ship has decent mini figures, general grievous looks very cool, the ship looks just as good as a display piece. My son loves the product and plays with it daily so that's good enough for me
on 31 January 2013
Purchased for my son's (7 Years old) Christmas present (from Father Christmas) purchased from Amazon as it was the cheapest around at that time. Hours of fun building, very easy to build & stays together. My son is now customizing this daily !!!
on 8 January 2014
It's a reasonably large model that's fairly quick and a bit too easy to build for the price. It could do with some more complex sections.
on 7 September 2013
I bought this for my son's 12th birthday who is a huge Lego fan! There are lots of pieces in this pack which some younger children might find difficult to build. It also shoots missiles which is another bonus in my son's book! Once it's built, it's amazing and my son loves playing with it. I shopped around for this particular set and Amazon was by far the cheapest. Excellent purchase.
on 7 February 2014
Amazing model, it's huge too! This is one of the ones he's not allowed to take apart, it's fantastic!
The top slides off. He plays with this all the time (uses it with his Halo characters and models too) This has been played with more than his Death Star!
Great investment.