on 19 December 2012
More than one of the days had little parts missing which is very disappointing for a child. When reporting this to lego they are less than helpful requiring numbers that had been been covered over by the seller and undecipherable when the label was removed and then proof of purchase as well!

Had all the parts been intact this would have been good.
on 19 September 2012
I bought the 2011 advent calendar for my boyfriend (who just happened to be 40 years young at the time). £25 seemed a little steep at the time, but for just over £1 a day, seeing the entertainment it provided was worth it - also, we were fascinated seeing how much they were selling on a well known auction site when they had sold out. I will definitely be buying him another one this year, especially seeing that Santa Darth Maul and Snowman R2D2 will be making an appearance this year. Go on... treat him (or her)... I promise it will be worth it!
on 3 September 2012
My son had the Lego Star Wars calendar last year with Santa Yoda, and will no doubt enjoy this year's just as much. We have 2 seasonal characters this year: Santa Darth Maul and Snowman R2-D2. There are the usual mini vehicles and assorted minifigures too including a Gungan warrior (could be Jar-Jar Binks), Snow Trooper and a Super Battle Droid.

OK, it's quite a stretch at the price, but they are only little once and I'm sure parents will have as much fun opening up the windows as the kids!
on 8 November 2012
I gave this to my son for his 6th birthday, and a bit ahead of the 1st of December. There was lots of excitement as he unwrapped and revealed parts of the box, realised it was a calendar, and we laughed when we saw Darth Maul (??) dressed as Father Christmas, and then he said the words quoted above. He quickly grasped what he had to do with it once I had carefully snipped the tape holding the front cover of the box in place and opened it up to reveal the numbered doors, but only after we had pulled out the plastic tray containing all the bagged Lego bits! Fortunately it's easily put back. I did let him open door number 1 and he quickly set about assembling the bits using the picture on the back of the door.

My son will love opening each door in December, though we may have to get up a bit earlier!

This is expensive but fantastic. A friend of mine says that they use an older one of theirs each year. We will be looking after the box but I'm smitten and already planning on buying the next one next year.
on 10 November 2012
It's the 10th on November and you're asking me to review the 2012 Lego Star Wars Advent calendar? Do you know how many self imposed, not to mention worldwide rules of etiquette and tradition would be broken if I'd cracked this puppy open this side of December 1st?!?!?
It's going to be awesome, but that awesomeness is also categorically dependent on the time of year and that essential twenty four day countdown. I recall the buzz that I had as a kid opening up the little doors every day just to see the picture inside, and this was in the time before the calendars were available with chocolates inside!!!
I won't rush the review ahead of the festive deadline, but the 5 stars will stand. Particularly if it's anything like last year's........ :-)
on 30 September 2012
I buy one of these every year for the kids, it's a bit of a tradition in our house, and the quality, quanity, colour and abundance of Lego never fails to please. It's better than chocolate advent's any day.
on 22 June 2013
Seriously over priced to be honest but a lego enthusiast will love it and they certainly get excited in the morning wanting to see what they have to make (which was done by my husband as my child thought some of them were tricky).
on 17 August 2013
Bought this as we like Star Wars. Was the cheapest I could find but still think it overpriced. Figures are very, very small, but you do get some spare pieces as they are so easy to lose.
on 3 November 2012
No-one can pretend that linking up Star Wars with Christmas is anything other than a marketing ploy but it's fun and it's Lego. Educational value is irrelevant but the fun factor is as high as any equivalent set and, if you don't want to use it next year, the parts and minifigures can be absorbed into your (child's) Lego collection. The premium price was reduced to the same as the Lego City calendar at the time I purchased this, making it slightly better value than when first released. However, don't expect to see any in the January sales as previous years versions have sold out well before Christmas.
on 1 February 2013
I bought this for my household for the run up to Christmas. It was great having something to build every day; some of the models were great, especially the Christmas themed Darth Maul and R2D2. You can't beat a bit of LEGO. I would say that some of the models could be improved; some days were a little disappointing - building a tiny gun rack or indistinguishable 'futuristic' brick shapes wasn't very exciting. On the whole though, it was good fun. I will definitely be purchasing the 2013 version this year, even if it is slightly pricey.