5.0 out of 5 stars I love the MkII K270 - A much better keyboard
Having used the previous version, along with many other types of keyboards over the years, I have to say that the K270MkII is not bad at all.

Published on 14 Dec 2012 by Russ B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed so far.
I bought this as my Logitec K750 (the solar powered one) was refusing to charge up, and I could not not currently justify spending so much to buy another of the same type. First off, I tried a MS one, which while nice while working kept loosing key presses after going into sleep mode; apparently it wasn't really compatible with Win 8.1! That was sent back.

This...
Published 1 month ago by Varkster

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the MkII K270 - A much better keyboard, 14 Dec 2012
Russ B. (Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)

The first thing you notice is the body's more sturdy nature when you type. With the feet raised for tilt-type there is no flex whatsoever when you type. You can still flex the body by pressing firmly on the front side under the space bar, but then why would you want to?

The other thing I noticed was the quality of the plastic. The keys still have soft springs, which you either love or hate - although they ARE dead silent when typing, and very smooth.. The keys themselves have a lovely soft feel to the plastic and feel like warm satin - a nice touch.

Also, and this is VERY noticeable, the speed of pick up after 'auto shut off' is unbelievable. I timed it at about 0.2 seconds - so virtually immediate.

The typing itself is.. not bad. If you wanna write a book buy a typists keyboard, but for every day use, even longish emails - it's fine. The ergonomics thing is just one of feel, click, and springy'ness, along with amount of tilt and shape of keys. I write 300,000 word books and my hands would not thank me if doing it on this, but 5,000 words would be no pain at all. Anyway...

All these improvements add up to make a very nice keyboard, and well worth it.

The instructions are quite good, not that you need any. The USB dongle was recognised within a few seconds and I was typing within 25 seconds. Painless.

If you have never owned anything Logitech, don't worry - it's a nice ride. Dependable, and likeable.

And less than £20? ..Honestly you can't go wrong.

:-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
In short: the keyboard is nice. It still doesn't feel as good as one of the simple microsoft keyboards (which is a bit debatable), but I prefer it for other reasons.

I use it for programming and I appreciate:
* the placement of the 'insert/delete/home/end/pgup/pgdown' keys (that's why I picked this)
* the size of the keys: They are normal sized and easy to locate without looking at the keyboard
* the full size of the F keys and the escape key
* the availability of the print-screen key: This is missing from some other keyboards and it is required in order to do alt-sysrq combinations under Linux
* the overall size as it is small / space-saving without having smaller keys
* the micro receiver

The only serious drawback is that the keyboard bends a bit at the center when you press keys towards the middle and hits the desk making an annoying noise. This only happens when you keep the keyboard flat (i.e. not when you raise it using the stands). After trying a couple of things I finally solved the problem by placing something underneath the front feet, raising the front side of the keyboard a few millimeters.

Finally, I'd really prefer to have leds for num-lock and scroll-lock as well (Come on guys! After all you have available space over there)

Update: It's been almost a year now and while I'm using it every single day (for many hours) I didn't have to replace the batteries. I am really impressed by that.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cheapo keyboard, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I've owned this keyboard for god-knows-how-long, having brought it as a cheap accessory for my laptop. Again, it's very cheap for what it is. I've used it intensely for churning out long essays and gaming, having settled for this rather than a dedicated gaming keyboard. It's incredibly durable, it's been spilled on, tossed about, impregnated with crumbs, but still soldiers on. It's light as well, and fits into a fifteen inch laptop bag, so it can be taken with you. The keys are nice and soft, typing requites very little effort as you glide from one key to another. They aren't that sturdy though, they wiggle around slightly but you'd be hard-pressed (pardon the pun) to break them. The letters haven't rubbed away at all. The multimedia hot-keys are a great addition, making it so much easier to control volume and pause music (those keys being the only ones I use). The rubber feet keep it firmly in place, and there is no give when you type, it doesn't flex and the plastic is sturdy. You don't even notice it's a wireless with virtually no input delay, and I've only ever replaced the batteries once. The plug-and-play Unifying receiver sets you up in seconds and you can easily couple a supported mouse to the same receiver, leaving more USB ports open.

This keyboard is amazing value. If you're on a tight budget and need to replace your current one, it's perfect. If you have all the money in the world to spend, settle for this and take yourself out to dinner instead. Or if you need a spare in case your frilly fancy-pants mechanical breaks down, this is the one. Logitech show that there is no compromise of quality at a low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT !!, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Wanted a decent sized keyboard and after much deliberation went for the Logitech K270. Worked straight from the box and have had no issues with the keyboard in general or it's connectivity. Usual great service from Amazon with delivery , highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars smart tv add on, 29 Jun 2012
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
recieved this today for my LG smart tv I was told by LG that I would have to rely on the TV's virtual keyboard, which I was not very happy with. I visited my local Curry's store in Huddersfield where a young female assistant advised me to try the K270, I plugged the nano receiver into a USB port and it worked straight away (brilliant problem solved) the whole set up is now faster than my Pc as I also use elink and short ethernet cables from my router to TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little thing, 22 July 2014
Midgekat (Carmarthenshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I bought this to replace the now-defunct K200, which is the wired (not wireless) version of this keyboard. I thought I had managed to kill mine with a full mug of tea (happily, after 2 days and a final, probably 6th attempt at putting it back together after cleaning it, the K200 is working again). There's a slight difference in the key action, but this K270 has the same dimensions and layout as the K200 that has survived 2 years hard labour in my service, so it has a familiar feel, which is why I went for it.
It's a fairly quiet (though not silent) keyboard, with enough action for those who have years of experience with the clunking clicketty-clack feel of early keyboards, though with much less height of keystrokes needed, so less tiring.
All the usual keys are there (the Euro shares the 4 / $ key, just press Alt Gr for instead of Shift for $), plus a row of media keys (play/pause, mute, Vol up & down, browser homepage, email, PC sleep and calculator ... although I only ever use the calculator button).
It's compact for a full keyboard, so great if you are short on space, but don't want to lose the numbers keypad etc on a smaller keyboard.
My biggest gripe is merely one of aesthetics - why put the ugly PC-beige base with the matt black upper?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard But A Note For Linux Users, 31 July 2013
K. Drummond "Victor9098" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I bought a Logitech Wireless Touchpad several months ago and having been very impressed by it decided to add to the range with the keyboard to give myself some added freedom. I am a Ubuntu user and Logitech is one of those brands that include Tux on their packaging and the keyboard will work out of the box.

However if you want to use just one "unifying receiver" for more than one product (i.e. the touchpad and keyboard in my case as a single receiver can support 6 devices) then you will need access to a Windows or Mac computer to do the pairing. The software is s small download from Logitech and the process takes only a minute, but there is no Linux option so keep that in mind.

Other than that I am really enjoying the keyboard, made to Logitech's usual high standard (I still use a trackball mouse from them bought in 1999) and the added bit of freedom and reduced clutter on the desk is superb. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard for the money and compatible with most SMART TV's, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Purchased this for using with my LG 3D SMART TV (LG55LM860V) based on other feedback that it worked with these TV's out of the box.
I'm delighted with the quality of the keyboard and it DID the job with my TV immediately. Just plugged the mini receiver unit supplied into the TV's USB slot and switched on the keyboard. Hey presto! - I'm away typing merrily directly into the TV's website fields with no time lag. And so much easier than using the Magic remote for the TV!
Only slight issue is that one or two keys are wrongly configured - so ahve to use the SHIFT & 2 key to produce a "@" character. When I phoned Logitech support, they confirmed the keyboard cannot be re-configured and it is not a keyboard fault. They said it was not designed to work with a SMART TV but understood that many people were happily using it for this.
So apart from the need to remember a few different key strokes, it's a great partner for any SMART TV.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money!, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
I originally purchased a Rii Mini keyboard for my home PC and upon delivery i was dissapointed at just how "mini" it was. It was half the width of a traditional desktop keyboard and I could not use it typing two handed. I sold this on and then purchased this keyboard (this keyboard cost less!). When this was delivered I immediately spent some time browsing the net to test it out. Well, what can I say, it's an excellent product and the buttons have a nice feel to them when pressed, not a cheap plasticky feel but a nice soft press to them. This keyboard is a lot quieter than my original cheap CIT wired keyboard and comes with convenient switch on the top right side to quickly turn it on or off.

I also really like two tone colour effect, black on the top and white on the underside. This colour combination makes it looks aesthetically pleasing.

My only very slight issue with this is with the receiver itself, it comes with a "Unifying receiver" which supposedly connects up to Six logitech devices (keyboard + mice) to one wireless receiver. However I cannot seem to get this to work, when I plug in my logitech mouse receiver and don't plug in the keyboard receiver (the mouse also has a unifying receiver) the keyboard does not work, and vice versa. When plugging both Receivers in, both devices work.

Apart from being a slight pain by taking up an extra USB port (Unless I'm doing it wrong) I can't fault this product.

Would highly recommend and at an excellent price too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, thin, light, responsive, etc..., 8 July 2013
This review is from: Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout (Accessory)
Really glad with my purchase. The keyboard is exactly what I wanted. It is not super awesome in terms of its features and I guess gamers are not gonna love it. But for anyone who wants a wireless keyboard that is light, thin, durable, takes as little space as possible and its battery lasts for eternity, this is the keyboard to choose. I only gave it 4star rating because it doesn't have a caps lock indicator light and does not go well with Logitech's SetPoint software - under heavy computer load SetPoint, that usually controls higher quality logitech products that support customizations, gets in the way of the keyboard's proper function and sometimes delays keypresses. It's not a big deal, but gamers won't like it.

Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 - UK layout