5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps baby warm and easy to hold in the water!
Published on 8 May 2009 by Mr. P. Bushell Mrs Bushell

2.0 out of 5 stars restricts movement in the pool
Published on 19 Oct. 2010 by kdburnip

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps baby warm and easy to hold in the water!, 8 May 2009
Although the colour is a little dire, this wrap keeps my 4 month old snug and warm in the swimming pool. It also makes her easy to hold and control due to its slight boyancy and non-slip material. I've been using it on her from the age of 8 weeks and will be using it for another couple of months I think! Highly recommended for mums who are nervous about taking their little ones swimming for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent buy!, 2 Oct. 2010
I bough this item for my 4 month old baby,decided to get the 6-12months size so he would get more use out of it,i would definatley recomend getting a size bigger as the suit fits fine and there is plenty room in it for when he gets bigger.The suit keeps him warm in the water aswell as making it really easy to hold him,this item made for an excellent first swimming experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 20 Sept. 2013
Love the design, keeps my toddler warm in the pool. Very good for size, age appropriate. Not so easy to clean, he wore it to the beach and stains seem hard to get out.

4.0 out of 5 stars definitely kept baby snug, 25 July 2013
Snug fit but comes undone if you don't get Velcro in exact place which is hard worn wriggly baby. Lovely design

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy...., 16 Aug. 2012
T. Robinson (England, UK) - See all my reviews
As the other reviews mention, this has great buoyancy. My baby is 7 months now and this still fits great. Hoping for another month or two of use. Very pleased with the purchase and will be buying the bigger size without a doubt......

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality and versatile swimming costume, 7 Dec. 2011
Peter Bennett "Pete" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Our son has been doing swimming lessons since he was about six months old (he is now two and a half) and for this entire time we have used these splash about baby wraps (in increasing sizes) to keep him warm and happy in the water.

They fit over a swim nappy (which is important to absorb any "emissions" which may occur in the pool) and are very easy to get on. The entire baby wrap folds out flat, you place your child on their back onto the wrap and then proceed to bring the flap through their legs, wrap each side of them and then stand them up and put the shoulder straps over. All the fastenings are securely held with velcro and the design leaves your little one's legs and arms free whilst keep their core torso warm using neoprene (like a wet suit).

I would whole heartedly recommend this product to anyone who is about to take their baby to their first swimming lesson...you'll stick with them too.

By the way, the manufacturer says that you should not machine wash them, but after a while we started chucking it in the washing machine with trunks, towels etc... on a normal wash at 40 degrees every week and (apart from the logo starting to fade) had no problems at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars restricts movement in the pool, 19 Oct. 2010
A month ago I would have given this 5 stars as I felt it was a great product, allowing me to take my baby swimming without getting cold. However, my baby never really seemed to enjoy being in the pool and would be pretty much motionless. I took the suit off to see whether the suit was restricting her movement and as soon as the suit came of she started kicking her legs, splashing her hands and having a lot more fun. I'm sure she's even warmer now without it as she moves about. Other mums in my swimming class have taken the suits of their babies because of this, and also found their babies to be much happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful neoprene wrap for babies - keeps them warm & less likely to be dropped!, 23 July 2014
This is a lovely little neoprene wrap, worn by our now 11 month old baby. We previously had the same one in the smaller size also.

When our son is swimming at the hydrotherapy pool for his Waterbabies classes, the room and water is kept incredibly warm, and this wrap isn't necessary (we just use the Splash About Reusable Swim Nappy, also in blue stars, plus Happy Nappy disposables), but if we stray to the public pool this is perfect to keep him that little big warmer.

When he was tiny we had this in the smaller size, and it was indispensible - both because it keeps very young babies warm enough, who tend to chill very easily, but because it also made it easier for us to hold him when in the water. It turns out wet babies are incredibly slippy!

The neoprene is lovely and soft, and the way the entire wrap folds open, so you can simply lay your baby down on top to 'strap him in' to it is fantastic - particularly if you're on your own with the little one. The colours haven't faded with washing, and are much nicer than they appear in this photo.

Full marks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comes up small, 15 May 2012
Great product but comes up small. Your baby will only fit in this at 6 months if they are tiny. Get a bigger size if in doubt!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising the difference it makes, 1 July 2013
Although these sort of things seem to be quite costly, I do think that they make a big difference!
When beginning swimming lessons with my little boy, I received a long list of things we needed... one of these suits was recommended for cooler pools. The company sell their own at a cheaper cost, but the one we wanted was out of stock so went for this one after searching online.
It is a beautiful design and my little boy looks extremely cute in it. It helps with grip for when I am holding him in the pool, and when I took him to a different place (with a cooler pool), he was shivering until I put this on him.
The velcro makes it easy to fit snugly and will fit him for a good while even though he is growing so fast.
The quality of this suit is very good, but the reason that I only gave it 4 stars is because it was very expensive.