4.0 out of 5 stars It's wobbly
I snapped a ligament in my knee and my physiotherapist asked me to have a go on one of these.

I think the idea was that it would improve proprioreception (i.e. our ability to balance and know what our body is doing when our eyes are closed) and this in turn would reduce the risk of reinjuring the knee.

I did consider my balance to be okay, e.g. I can...
Published on 22 May 2008 by Mr. D. Bird

3.0 out of 5 stars It works well & is strong
Good quality & strong (I am not the lightest of people & didn't trust the look of the plastic ones) but I admit to feeling it was a bit expensive for a circle of board with a half ball stuck to the bottom & a non-slip pad on the top.
BUT - good fun & harder than it looks to balance on it.
Published on 4 Feb 2009 by I. Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars It's wobbly, 22 May 2008
Mr. D. Bird - See all my reviews

I did consider my balance to be okay, e.g. I can walk along scaffold poles without holding on to something, but still I found balancing on a wobble board to be quite a challenge. As such I still feel motivated to use it, months later.

If you have zero balance you can use it whilst holding on to something. I would have given 5 stars but 27 for a bit of wood seems a bit steep. It probably helps skateboarding/surfing ability but I am not so cool as to be able to confirm that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 6 Jan 2010
H. Kamal (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Following a painful bout of tendonitis in my ankle, I had a course of physiotherapy during which I was given various excercises to do at home to aid rehabilitation. I was recommended the wobble board.

It was fantastic - it develops your core muscles to compensate and in time, gives you passive stability you didn't even have before the injury. For example, initially you'll barely balance on it, but after a month of (minimum 15 minute) daily excercise, usually while watching TV, you should be able to balance with eyes closed - passive balance which means in the course of daily life, your muscles reflexively move to avoid injury when you slip etc

I'm quite tall and have big feet so got the 50cm board, but as you get better, you can start moving your feet closer to the centre or even balance on one foot

I find I no longer sprain my ankle playing sports and can only guess at the good it's also doing my knees and hips

5.0 out of 5 stars Wobbletastic, 11 Jun 2009
Andrew Stradling "Strads" (Wales) - See all my reviews
An essential bit of kit for anyone rehabing from ankle injury/surgery. Helps to reeducate propriceptors, increase ankle stability and flexibilty, can also provide an excellent core workout if used for sit ups and push ups, squats etc. This simple bit of kit will help you get back on your feet with confidence in next to no time, however be warned you have to persevere with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made., 11 Oct 2011
Mrs. J. Wade "Jane Wade" (Northants) - See all my reviews
This wobble board is very well made and robust, albeit a difficult wobble board to balance on. It sits in front of the TV so that we can practice regularly. Good non-slip surface on top that works with trainers or bare feet. It is a great tool for building core strength as well as building up weak ankles and lower legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wobble Board Review, 14 Oct 2011
Fantastic wobble board - way better than the cheaper, plastic & celebrity endorsed ones! It was recommended by my Physio and he was absolutely right, it's great for strengthening muscles and ligaments in feet & ankles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 3 Feb 2011
Mr. M. Goodwin (UK) - See all my reviews
During my recovery from a fractured leg I found the use of a wobble board invaluable during my OT sessions at the hospital for strengthening a whole range of musles in the legs and ankles. When my OT sessions were reduced I decided to purchase a wobble board for myself. This board is very solidly made, slightly smaller in circumference than the one I was using at OT but nevertheless perfectly adequate for the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 3 Jan 2013
I wanted something to improve my balance before going snowboarding this January. It's brilliant and my balance has improved really quickly. It's easy to use and has a good development curve. It does leave a dent in the carpet which does dissapear after a while. However it left a dent in my oak floorboards that ....erm... hasn't dissapeared so be careful where you use it.The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 was not due to the product. It arrived without the free DVD so I emailed to ask for a new one, I know 66fit sell them independant of the board so assumed one would be sent out. I then recieved and email to say that a new wobble board was being sent out and that I must return the one I already had or I would be charge twice. They had arranged for Collect Plus which, as I live in a rural area, is miles away. So a heavy product was being sent out which is a very bad environmental policy just for the want of a DVD. Had I been consulted I would have said don't bother. But it was put into action without following my instructions as to what I wanted. The product is amazing the customer service and business policy is not.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works well & is strong, 4 Feb 2009
I. Parker (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
BUT - good fun & harder than it looks to balance on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a quality item, 28 Feb 2013
Mr. Paul Knights (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 66Fit Wobble Board - Pvc Surface (Sports)
I carefully researched many wobble boards on the net before deciding on this one and I have not been disappointed.
I wanted a board that would help strengthen my ankles and legs, improve my balance and more importantly train my core muscles so I feel stronger in my whole being.
This board is not as cheap as some but it looks like it will last for ever, is an ideal size if you are new to this kind of exercise (small ones can be tricky for a beginner like me).
There is an exercise DVD included which is useful to get you started although there are plenty more exercises on the web if you want them of course. I have had it for a couple of weeks now and my inner strength, leg tone, balance etc have all improved immensely even in such a short time. The first few times I used it I was exhausted afterwards, it really gives muscles that you don't normally use a really good workout!
The improvements you make in balance and strength come quickly so it is quite addictive and not something you will put away after a couple of goes hopefully.
It is a real five star item so if you are looking for a wobble board that you will actually keep using, this is the one to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Advanced Wobble Board, 12 May 2010
M. Paul (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
After ACL surgery, my Physiotherapist recommended for me to use a Wobble Board and said that I would benefit from an advanced one. I bought this 66 Fit Wobble Board and have used it regularly. This has strengthened my hamstring and calf muscles and re-established a full range of motion in my knee.

The Wobble Board was a little advanced for me at first, so I began using it on carpeted floor. I have now progressed to using it on a normal floor surface. It is made from wood with a PVC surface which is easy to clean after using it with bare feet. As I have said, it is difficult at first, but by holding onto a chair or table I got used to it after a few attempts. I think this is an excellent product and I am continuing to use it.

66Fit Wobble Board - Pvc Surface