1,005 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars US version is region free
I ordered the US 4 disc combo set through Amazon UK as I was disappointed with the UK release.

Wanted to confirm for anyone who's concerned that the US version is definitely multi region, plays fine on UK players.

Published 21 months ago by Chris

Published 22 months ago by Born Again Bookworm

1.0 out of 5 stars Better film than The Dark Knight Rises but a ripoff DVD - avoid and cancel in protest., 9 Sep 2012
Does nobody review the disc package anymore? Even if you went to "the rival" store to pre-order you're getting just one extra piece of content. On Amazon.com Americans can pay one price and get the definitive edition for home; in the UK we get next to nothing in comparison and it's still unclear whether that 10-disc collector's set of the last 6 Marvel films has also got a different set of extras again for Region B.

I can accept Blu Rays having more extras than a DVD but now this content split between countries is ridiculous. A shame that they would pick their best comic film yet to annoy fans like this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, Disney have ripped off the UK, 19 Sep 2012
J. Roadley (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
Scenes edited, extras missing all because they rushed the UK release. Other European countries get this unedited.

Please please buy the US version which will work on your UK PS3 or Bluray player. Unedited & all the extras.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disney disney treat the Uk equally to US., 14 Sep 2012
Mr. C. H. Redmond "BOXINGHRIS" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
When we the public were being primed for the introduction of Blu-Ray, one of the primary benefits of the greater capacity in relation to DVD was that there would be access to far more features and extras such as directors commentarys; yes they were going to be considerably more expensive than DVD but you got so much more for your money, it wasn't just better sound and audio.

However, here we see despite the significantly higher premium over DVD, this Blu-Ray offers zero extras, not because they're not available or won't fit on the disc, but because Disney know many individuals will have been waiting for this disc and will pre-order, unaware of the omissions, and of course Disney will then release a 'Special Edition' including everything they should include now.

The sad fact is that many enthusiasts will end up buying both Blu-Rays, and it's this disgraceful attitude towards the UK and all markets except the US which means I never buy new Blu-Rays anymore, preferring to buy them used on Amazon.

And the studios wonder why there's such a massive market for pirated films? It's because you're a bunch of greedy, self-serving entities that's why.

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing features, and edited!, 14 Sep 2012
Not only have Disney treated their UK buyers appallingly by leaving off special features (they've already dropped the DVDs from their animated classics unlike the US versions) it now seems as if we get the edited version that (some) other European countries are getting. How can Disney even release a version here that wasn't the one classified by the BBFC?

This is completely unacceptable and shows nothing more than contempt for UK customers, especially considering the movie in question.

I can understand retailer exclusives with bonus discs and steelbook packaging, but no matter where you buy it you'll not be getting the complete movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars US version is region free, 15 Oct 2012

Cost a little more, just over 27 including shipping but you get a much better set - 3D BD, 2D BD, DVD, digital copy, and soundtrack download - fantastic! ... and the Coulson "scene" isn't tampered with, as in the UK version!

Buy it.

2.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for the film, 18 Sep 2012
S. Wilson (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Just criticising the handling of the release.

So, the UK edition is missing an audio commentary from Joss Whedon (and I'm assuming others) and a Soundgarden music video. If you're a fan of a release, then yes it's a kick in the gut.

I remember reading Disney UK's response about the commentary, they said that they didn't have enough time to include it on the disc. Here's the thing though, there is a week of a difference between our release date and the US. Yet, the US gets it no problem. So, you've gotta imagine that the US and UK discs were being mastered at roughly the same time. So, unless I'm REALLY missing something, I don't see what the problem was/is.

On top of that, there is now the "digitally removed" spear issue. Which if you listen to Disney, isn't an issue as it wasn't there in the first place. Yeah, it doesn't really take anything away from the flick, but the fact is you're still paying for something that has been altered without any mention.

Then, there is the general (mis)handling of the release.

If you get it from somewhere else (dunno if I can name it here), you get an hour and a half documentary on top of everything else. But, you miss out on the 3D release if you're gunning for that. If you want the DVD, you miss out on the documentary and I think the rest of the stuff on the bluray release.

So, US extras are at the side for the second. Unless you're willing to buy EVERY version of the flick, you're gonna miss out on something.

It's happened before and it'll happen again. But just kind of annoyed at how blatant Disney is being with this whole thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars No special features guarantees I won't buy it, 9 Sep 2012
Andrew Leatherbarrow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Was fully intending to get this until I noticed that all the special features have been cut out. Way to go Marvel/Disney. Why release something like this - a disk that was going to sell insane numbers - and waste the opportunity by gutting it? All you're doing is pissing people off. No way I'll be buying this, might try and import the US release.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disney can kiss my money goodbye., 19 Sep 2012
Others have already expressed my frustration, so I'll keep it short. This is a great movie, it a shame that after pulling in over a billion dollars at the cinema, Disney/Marvel felt the need to screw their fans, and from now on I will not pay to see their movies. They would not do this in the States as they know people there would show their contempt for such a low move with their wallets, I would surgest we in the UK stop bending over and taking this bull.

1.0 out of 5 stars What is the point in a blu-ray with no bonus features?, 19 Sep 2012
I loved the Avengers Assemble and couldn't wait to purchase the blu-ray which was supposed to have a wealth of bonus features. I was extremely disapointed to find that the UK blu-ray had cut out a lot of these feautures including the Joss Whedon commentary. What is the point on spending extra money on a blu-ray with no features over a dvd? What is the point of buying a UK blu-ray with no features when you can buy the region-free American one with all the features?

Do not buy this product it is a waste of money - buy the region free blu ray or dvd instead.

Clearly Disney/Marvel do not care about producing a decent blu-ray of their best selling film to the UK, so why bother buying it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avengers, 19 Sep 2012
I'm really glad I didn't pre-order this as when I initially looked there didn't seem to be many bonus features. There does seem to have been a massive error of judgement by Disney over this. A key scene has been edited and the US version of the blue-ray has the additional features that we all expect now. I'd advise anyone wanting to buy this to wait until nearer Christmas - I bet a revised version will be issued. I'm not sure if this has been a cynical marketing ploy to make more money in the expectation that fans will buy both or a genuine slip-up. Either way Disney has scored a major own goal here. I think there have been a large number of complaints to Disney and this is being taken up by Watchdog on the BBC. This is not a criticism of the film which I loved but a review of the blueray release, and I'm really disappointed as I was really looking forward to watching this.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble [DVD]
Marvel's Avengers Assemble [DVD] by Joss Whedon (DVD - 2012)
6.74