5.0 out of 5 stars When Sully meets Mike
This all infectious fun, despite the lack of originality, but still manages tickle the funny bones. There is good animation here and the plot driven by well done characterisations.
Published 15 months ago by Susman

3.0 out of 5 stars Different from the U.S. version
The European version has several different scenes. Although it's only about minor things like the change on the grading system the scene with random and his cupcakes disappointed me greatly. I bought my copy today in GR only to find out that Disney/Pixar(?) had changed one of my favourite scenes.

Instead of Randal cupcake icing be "be my pal" which due...
Published 2 months ago by Kloklo

5.0 out of 5 stars When Sully meets Mike, 12 Dec. 2013
Susman "Sussman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

3.0 out of 5 stars Different from the U.S. version, 12 Jan. 2015

Instead of Randal cupcake icing be "be my pal" which due to a reversed letter be came the hilarious "be my dal" I now own a copy with smiling faces instead. A minor thing some may say... In any case I was not happy. Also except from the animated short, the bluray copy doesn't have any extras. I wonder why...

Finally, regarding the movie it's a great installment after Monsters Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars The scaremongers are back, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
The first movie was a classic, making it all the more mystifying that it took the studio so long to come up with a sequel - particularly when rival productions such as Cars and Shrek quickly appeared in shiny new adventures. Has it been worth the wait? Well yes, but unfortunately not emphatically so. The producers decided to go down the "prequel sequel" route, and I'm not convinced it was the right decision at this stage.
Of course, it has it's moments, and it is good to see how the two main characters of Sulley and Mike became pals, but that aspect alone struggles to uphold the viewer's interest for the duration of the whole movie. Other familiar faces are present too, including their chameleonic nemesis, who started out as Mr Nice Guy and developed a hatred for our heroes.
At the end of the day, it is an enjoyable movie, and well worth seeing. I guess I just expected a little more after such a long wait for a new Monsters Inc adventure.

4.0 out of 5 stars DARE TO SCARE, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
Mike desires to be a "scarer." The monster world is powered by screams. The problem is that Mike (Billy Crystal) while smart, isn't scary. He attends Monster University where he studies hard to be a scarer. The plot reads like "Revenge of the Nerds" as Mike must win a scare contest along with his hopeless fraternity to prove himself and stay in school as a scarer.

Mike is a rival to Sullivan, a university legacy (John Goodman) but later they operate on the same team.

The film is cute. The initiation scene was my favorite with a laugh out loud chuckle. I watched the film with a five year old who can't stand scary movies. She loved this one.

One the kids enjoyed ages 5 and up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as others., 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
I know I am a bit old for Monsters films but we have all the others so thought I would buy this to go with the rest. As I have two grandchildren who will be watching them I wanted to complete the set. We watched it and I do not think it was as good as the others, there did not seem to be as much 'laugh out loud' to it. The grandchildren have not watched it yet so when they have I may need to updated this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... fan when this original came out this was a great sequel. Purchased as a gift for the new ..., 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
As a young fan when this original came out this was a great sequel. Purchased as a gift for the new generation of young fans and it's been great monies worth. Fun watch for the whole family. Lets hope there's another movie in the works...

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't compare!, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
As what happens with sequels or prequels in this case, they're never as good as the original. But if you don't compare it (hard I know) then it's actually a fantastic movie. I laughed at quite a few different parts throughout the movie and I'm 26! Pixar is always spot on with animation, characters and story so you won't be disappointed. It's always good to get to know more about characters that you already love - Sulley may surprise you! So forget about the first one and just enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A roaring success, 20 Mar. 2015
I actually don't like anything to do with monsters inc. The wife loves it. Im also not giving it a low score on my opinion because it is actually a good movie and so is monsters inc but for me watching it once is enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny film, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
The kids love watching this I have seen it too it is so funny and love the characters it arrived in time and was very happy with the service

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Prequel!, 19 Mar. 2015
G W (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The first Monsters Inc movie was a tough act to follow but Monsters University somehow manages to keep the idea fresh and add an engaging new storyline that doesn't spoil the original. I loved it!

Monsters University [DVD]
Monsters University [DVD] by Dan Scanlon (DVD - 2013)