5.0 out of 5 stars When Sully meets Mike
This all infectious fun, despite the lack of originality, but still manages tickle the funny bones. There is good animation here and the plot driven by well done characterisations.
Published 14 months ago by Susman

3.0 out of 5 stars Different from the U.S. version
The European version has several different scenes. Although it's only about minor things like the change on the grading system the scene with random and his cupcakes disappointed me greatly. I bought my copy today in GR only to find out that Disney/Pixar(?) had changed one of my favourite scenes.

Instead of Randal cupcake icing be "be my pal" which due...
Published 1 month ago by Kloklo

5.0 out of 5 stars When Sully meets Mike, 12 Dec. 2013
Susman "Sussman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

3.0 out of 5 stars Different from the U.S. version, 12 Jan. 2015

Instead of Randal cupcake icing be "be my pal" which due to a reversed letter be came the hilarious "be my dal" I now own a copy with smiling faces instead. A minor thing some may say... In any case I was not happy. Also except from the animated short, the bluray copy doesn't have any extras. I wonder why...

Finally, regarding the movie it's a great installment after Monsters Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars The scaremongers are back, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
The first movie was a classic, making it all the more mystifying that it took the studio so long to come up with a sequel - particularly when rival productions such as Cars and Shrek quickly appeared in shiny new adventures. Has it been worth the wait? Well yes, but unfortunately not emphatically so. The producers decided to go down the "prequel sequel" route, and I'm not convinced it was the right decision at this stage.
Of course, it has it's moments, and it is good to see how the two main characters of Sulley and Mike became pals, but that aspect alone struggles to uphold the viewer's interest for the duration of the whole movie. Other familiar faces are present too, including their chameleonic nemesis, who started out as Mr Nice Guy and developed a hatred for our heroes.
At the end of the day, it is an enjoyable movie, and well worth seeing. I guess I just expected a little more after such a long wait for a new Monsters Inc adventure.

4.0 out of 5 stars DARE TO SCARE, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
Mike desires to be a "scarer." The monster world is powered by screams. The problem is that Mike (Billy Crystal) while smart, isn't scary. He attends Monster University where he studies hard to be a scarer. The plot reads like "Revenge of the Nerds" as Mike must win a scare contest along with his hopeless fraternity to prove himself and stay in school as a scarer.

Mike is a rival to Sullivan, a university legacy (John Goodman) but later they operate on the same team.

The film is cute. The initiation scene was my favorite with a laugh out loud chuckle. I watched the film with a five year old who can't stand scary movies. She loved this one.

One the kids enjoyed ages 5 and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Oct. 2014
Good quality however think it was a little expensive back when I bought it (before xmas). Quick dispatch time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as others., 12 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
I know I am a bit old for Monsters films but we have all the others so thought I would buy this to go with the rest. As I have two grandchildren who will be watching them I wanted to complete the set. We watched it and I do not think it was as good as the others, there did not seem to be as much 'laugh out loud' to it. The grandchildren have not watched it yet so when they have I may need to updated this review.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3D?????, 24 Dec. 2014
Great film, but awful 3D. come on Disney why bother with the same old rubbish? I just hope one day they might spend a little more cash to make them better, it's not like they are short of a few quid, don't get me wrong you do get good 3D depth but this is not good enough for the price you have to pay. To tell you the truth I am only going to buy the 2D version, Disney 3D is just a waste of time and a complete jock. SHAME ON DISNEY, YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... nephew as he has the first monsters inc and loved this film when he seen it, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for my nephew as he has the first monsters inc and loved this film when he seen it. It is quite a funny film and one that the whole family can watch together. Was a bargain price too as I bought it in the two disney dvds for £13 offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... fan when this original came out this was a great sequel. Purchased as a gift for the new ..., 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Monsters University [DVD] (DVD)
As a young fan when this original came out this was a great sequel. Purchased as a gift for the new generation of young fans and it's been great monies worth. Fun watch for the whole family. Lets hope there's another movie in the works...

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 17 Jan. 2014
This was bought as a Christmas present for my neice - she loves it - I have watched it too as my husband got this for his birthday and its great, very funny

Monsters University [DVD]
Monsters University [DVD] by Dan Scanlon (DVD - 2013)