5.0 out of 5 stars Magical
There are so many animated movies these days, you expect many of them to be rubbish. Some are, but it seems to me most of the things out of the Pixar stable keep on providing the goods.

I was thoroughly entertained by brave, the lovely cartoony animations all so fluidly done, mixed in with stunningly realized vistas, and my favourite part, the lighting. The...
Published 6 months ago by SWT

3.0 out of 5 stars entertaining and upstanding craftmanship, but unoriginal
Basicly this is another take on the whole Brother Bear thing. Brother Bear also contained a much more fluent and coherent story, with more honest felt emotions and was therefor a much better movie, notwithstanding the godawful tittle song (and no, it's not that I dislike Phil Collins per se.) My kids and especially my daugther loved Brave though and the (3d) animations...
Published on 28 Nov. 2012 by Jan-Paul

‹ Previous | 159 60 6197 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl power!, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
We love this movie! My daughters favourite. We particularly love that women star, make the mistakes and save the day!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brave [DVD], 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
Awaiting the arrival of the Grandchildren so that we can watch this. The review was excellent hence me buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars but loved the mother daughter sentiment, 17 Nov. 2014
Little bit scary for young children, but loved the mother daughter sentiment. A film I will watch repeatedly

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it., 12 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
We took the four kids to watch this (age 4 - 11) in 3D. I usually get bored watching kids films especially when they are animated/cartoon style but both my husband and I really enjoyed it and so did all 4 kids (eldest being an 11 year old boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Brave [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Perfect Gift. The product come in perfect condition with no breakage to the case or disc, really impressed

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe its my age but..., 31 May 2013
This review is from: Brave [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Okay, so I feel that I should declare at the very beginning that I am a 50+ big kid, so me thinks this movie wasnt aimed at me. However, with the exception of Finding Nemo (I know - sacrilege) and Cars 1+2, I am a massive Pixar fan. I have everyone on Bluray along with every Disney animation released so I was really looking forward to this. BUT. Oh dear. I was sooo disappointed.

Now maybe the trailer and all I had read had led me to believe it was something entirely different in story and tone and so was surprised at what we were given.

The animation is excellent as always with Pixar. The subtleties fun for adults aswell as kids and the voices about right. For me it was in both the story and the delivery. Pixar tells a good story (except for maybe Cars 1)of that there is no doubt but what we have here is a promise that is short lived. A girl who has warrior in her blood. She resembles a female Robin Hood in many ways - as represented by the great Errol Flynn - and this is the promise. Instead of taking it down the Mulan route we go down the well worn route of so many other morale / relationship tales. It becomes about relationship and acceptance and a morality tale. It became something weve seen so many times before.

I know Im going to get hammered for this and as I said at the start, this film isnt really made for me but for me Pixar didnt live up to their incredibly high standards in this one and so it was a disappointment. Or maybe my age is just catching up with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Brave (Amazon Instant Video)
Heart warming rights of passage film with brilliant performances of voice as well as believable CG.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must to buy, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
Great film, my 3 granddaughters love it. I've had to buy 2 copies. Would certainly suggest buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
Thank you for your prompt service. My granddaughter loves this dvd and never tires of watching it

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely film, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this as a gift as I trust Disney to produce great films. I was not disappointed as this is a lovely film with a strong Disney princess.

‹ Previous | 159 60 6197 | Next ›

Brave [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Brave [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by Brenda Chapman (Blu-ray - 2012)