5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful
I loved this and so did my young children. An absolutely delightful film that looked great, had a fantastic story, perfect voice characterisations and incredible animation (particularly Merida's hair!). A fun film for all the family.
Published 24 months ago by Susan Johnstone

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost the worst Pixar ever!
Soooo disappointed with this one. Graphically it looked absolutely amazing but the storyline was extremely weak and somewhat pathetic. Pity, I love Pixar movies.
Published 13 months ago by SKC

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 27 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlucky 13 ? Not !!!, 30 Nov 2012
P. Morgan "Philmaddict" (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
Pixar's 13th feature is probably the best animated film I have ever seen. This is without doubt a stunning technical achievement on every level and one which I think they will have some difficulty in topping. The characters are every bit as colourful as the magnificently rendered Scottish backdrop(the facial expressions they manage to achieve are quite remarkable and convey the coflicting emotions of the varied characters sometimes far more realistically than actual human actors could) Add to this a wonderful central 'performance' from the heroine Merida (voiced by Kelly Mcdonald), a whole host of inspired set pieces and stirring music from Patrick Doyle and I think you have a near masterpiece. Definitely my Film of the Year.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun for everyone, 26 Dec 2012
markr - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really enjoyable animated Pixar movie - set in Scotland in days of yore it is full of magic - a princess, her suitors, spells, family, a few scares, and lots of fun . I was very impressed with Emma Thompson's Scottish accent - seemed as real to me as Kelly MacDonald's and Billy Connolly's, who were great in their voice overs. I loved the Scottish banter and dialogue - some phrases i haven't heard in years made me smile.

The animation - particularly of the bears is amazing.

Our whole family enjoyed it- and we have a quite a range of ages and nationalities to please in our family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 26 Oct 2014
This review is from: Brave (Amazon Instant Video)
There are so many animated movies these days, you expect many of them to be rubbish. Some are, but it seems to me most of the things out of the Pixar stable keep on providing the goods.

I was thoroughly entertained by brave, the lovely cartoony animations all so fluidly done, mixed in with stunningly realized vistas, and my favourite part, the lighting. The amazing lighting just brings a life to the whole fantasy highland world here that makes it feel almost tangible, and sucks you right into it. That immersion really helps you empathize with the characters.

That's one of the things I really appreciated. Plenty of wooden performances from real actors in real movies that you don't care about, and here in an animated movie, you felt their pain as much as their happiness, you wanted things to be resolved, you cared what happened.

There are some laugh out loud moments too, and near the end, I even felt a little tear trickle out, so it did it's job. I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just say baby, cleavage, and high dive. After you've watched it, which I thoroughly recommend that you do, if that reference doesn't bring a smile to your face then you probably shouldn't be watching any movies at all, let alone animated ones.

Totally safe and fun viewing for all ages, and you don't have to put this on just to appease some younger viewers, this is totally worth your time even if you don't have kids to watch it with, or if you want to watch it without them if you do.

I watched this through the Prime streaming, which was flawless and excellent quality. Great movie, will watch again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Pixar masterpiece, 28 Nov 2012
yiddoboy (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
After poor trailers and indifferent reviews I decided not to take the family to the Cinema for this one. What a huge mistake! Purchased on blu ray and the family loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for my niece. When we watched it I loved it so much that I bought one for myself. Would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Historic Scotland, 2 Jan 2013
S. Grocock (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Having recently moved into an historical area of Scotland it was interesting to see this "fairytale". The animation is second to none and and story of good overcoming evil. Watched it in 3D. Great entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A visual feast for the family and the young at heart, 18 Jun 2012
Giang Levan "Fantasia" (Australia) - See all my reviews
They kept on making better and better animation movies. BRAVE is the best animation movies up to now. I would like to congratulate the Pixar studios for bringing such a joy to the world. I have been looking out for this movies and saw this movies on the first day,first session of the special prescreening before it is supposed to be screening the following week. It was so good that I saw it twice on the same day. something I have never done to any movies before. and I will see this movies again and again, it is that good
I hate reading reviews that tell you what happened in the movies. it is like telling who done it in a murder mystery. so I will not tell anything and just let you find out for yourself what happens. I can only tell you that this is a grand masterpiece of animation, an animation at its best, a real beauty set in a fascinating time, a timeless tale It would carry us out of this world into a world full of wonder, beauty, a neverland. It is Magical.
For those who appreciate arts, watch the dresses carefully and compare them with the masterpiece paintings in art galleries. Also watch the facial expressions of the characters and compare them with the best actors and actresses in best acting movies.
One word of warning, do not leave until after the credits or you will miss out something.
It is such a joy and I already enquired about buying it on 3D bluray when it is available

5.0 out of 5 stars great dvd, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
this film is up there with the best in animated films.its good entertainment for all the family. unfortunatly i bought it too quick as price went down after i bought it. however no complaints on that score.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice piece of work, 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: Brave [DVD] (DVD)
Really enjoyed this dvd,animation is great and the plot very entertaining.good work by all concerned,keep it up.Buy it and enjoy.

Brave [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Brave [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by Brenda Chapman (Blu-ray - 2012)