5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant watch for checking HR
Published on 20 Jan 2011 by R. Dhindsa

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very useful
This is a very limited piece of kit. I assumed from the good reviews and mid-range price that it would be useful, but it's functions are way too limited for my liking - bear in mind I am a real beginner runner - and it's really fiddly and annoying to use.

One button does everything??!

You can't even see how long you have been running for while you...
Published 21 months ago by joeboom

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant watch for checking HR, 20 Jan 2011
R. Dhindsa "gadget fan" (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love this watch. I started running a few weeks ago and it coincided with my cheap Casio watch strap breaking. I decided to buy this Polar one as my everyday watch for telling the time but also for checking my Heart Rate while trying to get fit by running on roads. It shows the time and day and date, then can start a stopwatch while measuring HR. When stopped it saves the Average and Max HR. Good for checking for improvement in fitness. The chest strap (HR Monitor) is comfortable, adjustable and has never failed to detect my HR (a good thing i guess). Comfortable slim lightweight watch that i wear even in the shower. Only has one button but easy to operate. I use it alongside the MiCoach App on my iphone giving me all sorts of measurements. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but the alarms are too quiet, 17 Jan 2012
I bought this, my first heart rate monitor to help me understand the level I should be working at whilst out running or on the bike. This little device is excellent at putting you in the right zone of effort for what you want to achieve out of your workout. However, it is a shock to the system to see how far out your own judgement can be in comparison so you have to learn to trust it (e.g. run you long runs much slower initially). I would have given it a five, but it seems to share a common fault with most devices like this, in that the alarm beeps (which you rely on to keep you in the right zone as it saves you constantly looking)are too quiet for me when out running or on the bike so I often miss them and end up looking at the watch too much. I would reccomend that anyone buying something like this, checks out the volume level of the device before making a purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for basic HRM, 26 Nov 2013
Good for basic HRM, Use it to monitor heart rate when cycling. I mount it on bars using piece of 22mm pipe insulation, which works fine. Alarm is useful to keep my heart rate below 160 when climbing.

5.0 out of 5 stars this was my first heartrate watch and i love it !, 1 Dec 2013
fantastic is all i can say . very easy to use and setup.. great price ,dont exercise much without it

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Model HRM, 6 Feb 2013
This is a basic model HRM, I didn't really research it enough and it doesn't give the calories burned, but that's okay as I can work it out. Apart from that it's easy to use and it isn't uncomfortable to wear or anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good HR monitor for the price, 9 Nov 2011
fitnessmad (Lytham St Annes) - See all my reviews
With so many monitors out there and with the big differences in prices its hard to pick the right one.

For 35 you cant go wrong with this watch. It has a chest strap which connects effortlessly to the watch and provides for an accurate and dependable reading, the chest strap also connects to the life fitness machines found at many gyms which is handy.

It also has a stop watch and built in file capability which allows you to store data. It also has the ability to set your minimum and maximum heart rate zones so as to easily show you what percentage you are working at.

Downsides to this watch include the exclusion of a back light which may be a problem if you like running at night and there arnt many lamp posts around. Id say the watch itself is of a plasticy build which some people may find a bit flimsy, i do think it will take the punishment of hard workouts though. Lastly its not really that waterproof and you should be aware of this fact when running in the rain, just dont press the button when its wet and you wont have a problem.

So for 35 im more than happy with what the watch offers. Il finish by saying that monitoring your heart rate is extremely important in exercise so that you know you are working in your target zone, you cant go wrong with a watch like this in your gym kit.

4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reassuringly good, 30 May 2014
Bought this to keep track of my heart rate as I recover from a heart attack. Button control can be a bit temperamental, but overall it does the job and has more functionality than I need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 12 April 2014
Mrs. R. Prosser (Llanelli, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar FT2 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch (Sports)
Cheap, cheerful but it does the job, 37.99 you can't go wrong, use this for running and cycling. You can change from heart rate monitor to stop watch to the time by placing the watch next to the chest strap. For the money it is outstanding value, would thoroughly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars polar ft2, 10 Jun 2013
very good sport watch and in new condition.come in expected time.easy to use it.i love it from the first time

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use, 4 Dec 2012
Excellent item, very easy to use. Particularly like how it save information from your most recent session, including workout time, average heart rate and maximum heart rate. This is ideal if, like me, you want to create a chart and monitor your progress.