5.0 out of 5 stars Minstrel Returns To The Gallery!
The central supporting pillar of the great rock edifice that is Jethro Tull has always been Ian Anderson. His is a signature sound and he's one of the best lyricists in the business. Following up 'Thick As A Brick' after so many years must have been quite a challenge, but the muse has clearly gripped Mr Anderson and inspired him to deliver this wonderful album. My God,...
Published on 24 May 2012 by David Lusher

3.0 out of 5 stars A grower
I bought this album before going to see Ian Anderson perform both Thick as a Brick albums. The first album came back to me immediately but the second album did not seem to be as inspired. I enjoyed the concert but was not minded to listen to the album very often. A friend said that he felt the album grew on him, so I have listened a few more times and he is right, the...
Published on 4 Jun 2012 by Mr. Richard M. Hughes

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Scottish Bard, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
Nice, like our expectactions, the Scottish Bard and his band, has enchanted us like decades ago.
We Recommend that album to everyone look for good music

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Nov 2014
Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
Anders Thomsen (Denmark) - See all my reviews
great

2.0 out of 5 stars A Lazy Album, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
Being a JT fan since the late 60s I really looked forward to this album. What a disapointment. Obviously it uses themes from the original as would be expected. However there is so much repetition of Ian Anderson's recent solo album riffs and styles that it is not a JT album It is just a lazy rehash. It has none of the originality or spirit of the original.

2.0 out of 5 stars an album too far., 20 April 2012
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
I have been a Tull fan for 44 years,but I feel that this should signal the end for Ian Anderson.Every track can be likened to an earlier one on a previous
album.I feel that Ian is becoming very monotonous and predictable,and should consider calling it a day.Initially I was disappointed that there were no
lyrics to look at,but after listening a few times thought that it didn't matter as I can't see me playing it again.I thought he should have retired after
"Rupis Dance",I am certain he should ride off into the sunset now,as I will still buy any future albums to keep up my complete collection.So to save me a
few quid,please Ian,don't make any more!

5.0 out of 5 stars great and fast service in time for xmas, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
it was a present to someone but by all accounts it is fantastic a bit different from TAAB1 yes i am old enough to have had that album (vinyl) and i personnally love d the original

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Job, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
Being a fan of Anderson I enjoyed this work, although not as good as the original it was very well done.

3.0 out of 5 stars The ramblings of Gerald Bostock, 4 April 2012
Tony Jones "Tony" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
As a recent disciple to the glory that is Thick as a Brick I inevitably picked this up, it being 40 years on. The conceit that this is Gerald Bostock's witterings about life since he penned the poems in Thick as a Brick continues but instead of a glorious piece of prog rock we have a long set of small tunes, bits of biography and musings on modern life (I think of Wootton Bassett here).

For me as a new-fan with no pedigree of Tull adoration I can still tell this is not close to the first album musically (style ranges from whimsy to some hard edged rocky pieces) nor in narrative style (yes Gerald is much older) nor is it the full line-up (not sure how vital that is).

For me the test was within 30 seconds of listening to the original I was hooked, here I am still listening closely, liking bits, disliking others and so forth.

I get why Ian Anderson has done this and it doesn't come across as a cash-in. I though will be sticking to the 1972 classic.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear Mr. Anderson, 10 April 2012
L. MILBURN "lancemilburn2" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
I have been a lover of the music of Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull for near 40 years and I have never ever been disappointed with a new Jethro Tull album or Ian Anderson solo work....until now.

The "concept" of the album was inspired; a view of modern Britain through the thoughts of the various incarnation of the hero of the first TAAB, Gerald Bostock. The lyrics of the various songs are interesting. Musically however it is dull and uninspired. It lacks the musicality of Mr. Anderson's previous works. Ian's failing voice is no excuse for lack of sparkle. The one thing Ian has always had the power to do in the past is whip up a decent tune, not here brothers and sisters. To be honest I had great difficulty distinguishing one track from another, except that the arrangements changed.

I am sorry I have to make this review negative, I was looking forward to TAAB2 and I am very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars I tried so hard to love this album, 27 July 2013
Debz (Isleworth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thick As A Brick 2 (Audio CD)
...it's clever, quirky, a coupla good songs...... even Ian Anderson's contemporary poetry is OK. It just didn't do it for me, too self-indulgent and a bit pastiche....

‹ Previous | 110 11 12 | Next ›

Thick As A Brick 2
Thick As A Brick 2 by Jethro Tull (Audio CD - 2012)