5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Delicious
Hands down, this is my favourite book so far this year. Tegan's voice grabbed me from the first page and I couldn't stop reading.

Published on 9 Mar. 2012 by Emma Meade

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Ultimate Power" series book 1
Tegan has not left her apartment in months following the suicide of her boyfriend. The night she is reluctantly dragged out by friends she ends up meeting Ethan and becomes involved in a world of magic and supernatural creatures.

Published on 18 Jun. 2013 by Book Addict

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Delicious, 9 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

This novel is told in the present tense, something I usually dislike, but somehow it worked for me in Tegan's Blood. When we first meet her, Tegan is an emotional mess. Her boyfriend's suicide a couple of months ago has rendered her a prisoner in her own apartment. She is afraid to go outside, drinks too much, and is generally not looking after her physical or emotional wellbeing. Her good friend Nicky determines that enough is enough, and forces her out on a girls' night to the club Crimson, a Goth-type vampire bar. The vampire persona is not just a theme; the place is run by Ethan Cristescu "a beautiful bastard" in Tegan's words, and a powerful vamp of Romanian heritage, naturally. He quickly sets his sights on her, and not unlike Sookie Stackhouse from the Charlaine Harris books, Tegan suddenly finds herself immersed in the deadly world of vampire politics.

The setting is Tribane, a city divided by the Hawthorne River; I'm guessing this is a fictional place located in England given the references to Tesco and pounds. I loved Tegan's dark sense of humour and the major flirting and innuendos going on between her and Ethan. Tegan's down-to-earth nature and normality reeled me in straight away, and I sped through the novel. She's quite self-deprecating and unaware of what a cool woman she is. She's also brazen in her own way, like how she slyly nabs the job at the occult shop, Indigo. I could easily relate to Tegan and laughed at how similar our Saturday nights are: queuing to get into a club, having the girls behind her bitch when her friends skip the queue, fumbling in her bag to find her passport for the bouncers, ordering an unclassy alcopop like Bacardi Breezer at the bar... That's my basic Saturday night! If all that wasn't enough to make me love this book, Buffy gets an entire chapter named after her. What Would Buffy do?

And of course, no paranormal romance read would be worth much without a hot male lead. Ethan is strong and commanding, patient but authoritative, and he meets his match in Tegan. There's also wicked imagery running through this novel. The images of the house rising out of the ground on Ridley Island, and the carnival lit up at night with all the rides going but no one on them, were both vivid and disturbing. I did notice a few slight errors in the text, but they didn't take away from the beauty of this book which I cannot recommend enough. Tegan's Blood is the first novel of 2012 that I have absolutely loved. Bring on part two: Tegan's Return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tegan's Blood, 5 Feb. 2013
What a fantastic storyline and very well executed! The writing is almost flawless but of such an excellent quality that you are quite happy to overlook the few grammatical errors that are present.

This book gripped me from start to finish and definitely left me wanting more. There are so many characters in this book that you feel for and some that you take an instant dislike to - which is not always an easy thing to accomplish for an author.

The pace of this book is continuous but with a build up to a big finale. The writing is excellent as already mentioned and the characters are well developed.

Definitely recommended to anyone who enjoys the Paranormal genre.

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Ultimate Power" series book 1, 18 Jun. 2013
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Ethan; like the other vampires Tegan meets, finds her fascinating. She may be human; however there is something irresistible about her. Tegan is also made aware of magic users when she applies for a job. Wizards are insisting that she has a powerful spell cast over her; yet is this a spell of protection or something to fear?

I enjoyed this book thoroughly. Tegan is a feisty character despite the circumstances she has faced and the new challenges ahead. It's clear from the start of this book that Tegan is something special (I was starting to think she may be a Sookie Stackhouse replica) but she is somewhat different. Although Tegan seems unaware of what she is; plus the magical creatures around her also remain in the dark, I couldn't understand her sudden knowledge of what makes her special and why she should stay away from anything magical or supernatural. Tegan certainly gives no indication as to knowing what she is but suddenly she is explaining to people she has got close to why she is different and why no-one must know. I don't know if I missed a vital scene, but Tegan's knowledge came completely out of the blue and made no sense considering her earlier actions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vampires, Dhamphirs, Slayers, Warlocks and Witches, 5 Feb. 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I have read Painted Faces by the same author. I loved that book plus it's a contemporary book, a genre I read frequently. Having loved the authors writing style I was keen to read more of her work, but found her other novels are paranormal/fantasy which is not a genre I normally tend to read. However, I like this authors writing so much I decided to give Tegan's Blood a read.

This book features Vampires, Dhamphirs, Slayers, Warlocks and Witches. There are some great characters. I loved Rita the wannabe Witch!

Tegan is a great character. The story is told in first person by Tegan. The hero of the book is a handsome Vampire called Ethan. A lot happens in this book, other reviewers have given a good outline of the plot.

One thing I was puzzled over was where Tribane actually was! There is talk of Tesco and Pounds but when you get to the end of this book there is a preview of book 2 and Tegan is living in Manchester and says she flew halfway across the world to get there?!

I would have preferred more romance between Tegan and Ethan but maybe that happens in the second book. However, I did enjoy the end scene between them both.

I was taken out of my comfort zone with this style of book, but L H Cosway sucked me in with her brilliant writing style. I look forward to downloading book 2 and the release of book 3 later this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing :), 21 Oct. 2012
My Thoughts
I was asked by the Author to read and then review this and I may of said this before but I love it when the author takes time to email you and give you a copy of there book for free, it makes you feel some what special and I was pleased to get this. The title and cover is very interesting and would of drew me in to read it whether or not the author asked me to. The description of the book is something I would normally go far so I was very interested in this book.

I am so happy I got this book because I loved it so much, I don't even think there's a bad thing to say about this book, it was really that good. First of all the description, title and cover live up to the book, it kept me reading and I really didn't want to put the book down. The storyline is amazing and I loved how it kept going and more stuff got added to the book and the more that happened the more I was keen to read on. The ideas in this books is really great. This is such and easy read and I feel anyone who loves this kind of book would be able to read it within a few days if they have the time to read it. The POV is focused around Tegan the main character which I was glad.

There is many characters in this book, and of course I will talk about the ones I feel played a main part in the book.
Tegan as the main character played the biggest part in this book, she has had a terrible past, but she's ready to try and move on and then everything starts getting even worse. Vampires.. Warlocks and other things starts appearing in her life which makes her think she could just hide in her flat and stay there. She never thought of herself to be special but she is. I loved her so much, how she dealt with problems how she wished this wasn't happening where in some books the women who are in danger crave it. She was an enjoyable character and I really want to know more about her.
Ethan to me is so full of himself but he is very funny and I really loved him for who he was and what he tries to do throughout the book. For a vampire he is one good guy who cares about Tegan. I really did love him to bits and I feel I may be falling for him (You know.. like a fictional boyfriend. why not?).
Marcel & Gabriel owns a shop in which Tegan gets a job there, they can sense something is different to her. I think in the book I prefer Gabriel to Marcel, because of way they both acted.
Rita at first I really didn't like, she was kinda self centred and moody and didn't even give Tegan a chance. As the story went on and she plays more of a character I started to love her as a character. As Tegan was liking her so was I.
The rest of the other characters all played there characters very well and sometimes I was kinda scared of them, the emotions in this book actually made me feel what they felt, I swear I cried during 1 bit of the book.

My overall opinion of this book is I loved it and I really wouldn't say anything negative about it. I have finally thought of something bad about this book.. THAT IT ENDED :O hope the second book comes out soon :).
I recommend this book to people who love Vampire, Warlocks, Witches and other things.. also people who love YA ! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great opener to the series!, 29 Jun. 2013
Excellent read, I could not put this book down, once read I read the next two books from the series and am now eagerly awaiting the fourth book!

I cannot recommend this book highly enough, there are two great leading characters Tegan and Ethan and a fantastic supporting cast of characters. I love the fact that there are many opposing supernatural species which adds depth to the book.

The sexual tension between Tegan and Ethan jumps off the page and is very well written.

What are you waiting for, buy this book, you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting read, 28 Dec. 2013
I was captivated from the start and it took me like one night to read through the book. It's been a long time since I actually enjoyed the book so much. It's quick, smart, witty and very HOT. Tegan is young and brave and I luv Ethan, I wished vampires actually exist.
I won't spoil anything so please buy this book and read, it's so worth it.
I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND THIS SERIES TO EVERYONE WHO LOVES #YA #PARANORMALROMANCE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 April 2015
Written from Tegans POV, who is a likeable character. I didn't think I would like this book because I thought the beginning was cheesy and not well written. However as the story got going I couldn't put it down, it was really good. I love Ethan ... what are you doing Tegan? It is a sad ending, Tegan cant seem to catch a break. All the characters are actually likeable and well written. The romance between Ethan and Tegan doesn't take up the main story of the book and is sort of in the back ground. I hope they do get together eventually. If you like romance and action this is a really good read once you get past the first few chapters. I'm hoping that Tegan begins to fight back... maybe with some hidden magic to make her a strong female character. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tegan's Blood, 19 May 2014
This is the first in the Ultimate Power Series. Tegan is grieving the loss of her boyfriend following his suicide, and is in a pretty bad place not leaving her apartment for months. When she finally ventures out she lands right in the middle of a load of paranormal chaos, partly brought on by her enticing smell/strange blood. I won't give any more away as it could ruin the book for you!
I really enjoyed this book, there was lots of mystery and intrigue, and a nice slow burning romance with a hot vamp too!
This is 4.5 stars for me, losing that half star for the cliffhanger! Although it's not a terrible cliffy, you could in theory read it as a stand alone if you could bear not to know how it pans out! I will be digging into the next one very soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, 28 Nov. 2012
Tegan is a great lead character, from the very start I was rooting for her to over come the sadness in her life. Ethan is yummy & dangerous, in just the right amounts! The relationship between the two sizzles. We are taken along for the ride as Tegan finds out what she really is & what she is capable of. Even the badies are those you love to hate. The friendships Tegan builds up with new friends is great to see. I do love the vampire gendre but this is fresh & addictive, just like a vampires bite lol. Second book is even better, which I didn't think possible!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›