5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Delicious
Hands down, this is my favourite book so far this year. Tegan's voice grabbed me from the first page and I couldn't stop reading.

Published on 9 Mar 2012 by Emma Meade

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Ultimate Power" series book 1
Tegan has not left her apartment in months following the suicide of her boyfriend. The night she is reluctantly dragged out by friends she ends up meeting Ethan and becomes involved in a world of magic and supernatural creatures.

Published 14 months ago by Book Addict

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Delicious, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power Series #1) (Kindle Edition)

This novel is told in the present tense, something I usually dislike, but somehow it worked for me in Tegan's Blood. When we first meet her, Tegan is an emotional mess. Her boyfriend's suicide a couple of months ago has rendered her a prisoner in her own apartment. She is afraid to go outside, drinks too much, and is generally not looking after her physical or emotional wellbeing. Her good friend Nicky determines that enough is enough, and forces her out on a girls' night to the club Crimson, a Goth-type vampire bar. The vampire persona is not just a theme; the place is run by Ethan Cristescu "a beautiful bastard" in Tegan's words, and a powerful vamp of Romanian heritage, naturally. He quickly sets his sights on her, and not unlike Sookie Stackhouse from the Charlaine Harris books, Tegan suddenly finds herself immersed in the deadly world of vampire politics.

The setting is Tribane, a city divided by the Hawthorne River; I'm guessing this is a fictional place located in England given the references to Tesco and pounds. I loved Tegan's dark sense of humour and the major flirting and innuendos going on between her and Ethan. Tegan's down-to-earth nature and normality reeled me in straight away, and I sped through the novel. She's quite self-deprecating and unaware of what a cool woman she is. She's also brazen in her own way, like how she slyly nabs the job at the occult shop, Indigo. I could easily relate to Tegan and laughed at how similar our Saturday nights are: queuing to get into a club, having the girls behind her bitch when her friends skip the queue, fumbling in her bag to find her passport for the bouncers, ordering an unclassy alcopop like Bacardi Breezer at the bar... That's my basic Saturday night! If all that wasn't enough to make me love this book, Buffy gets an entire chapter named after her. What Would Buffy do?

And of course, no paranormal romance read would be worth much without a hot male lead. Ethan is strong and commanding, patient but authoritative, and he meets his match in Tegan. There's also wicked imagery running through this novel. The images of the house rising out of the ground on Ridley Island, and the carnival lit up at night with all the rides going but no one on them, were both vivid and disturbing. I did notice a few slight errors in the text, but they didn't take away from the beauty of this book which I cannot recommend enough. Tegan's Blood is the first novel of 2012 that I have absolutely loved. Bring on part two: Tegan's Return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tegan's Blood, 5 Feb 2013
What a fantastic storyline and very well executed! The writing is almost flawless but of such an excellent quality that you are quite happy to overlook the few grammatical errors that are present.

This book gripped me from start to finish and definitely left me wanting more. There are so many characters in this book that you feel for and some that you take an instant dislike to - which is not always an easy thing to accomplish for an author.

The pace of this book is continuous but with a build up to a big finale. The writing is excellent as already mentioned and the characters are well developed.

Definitely recommended to anyone who enjoys the Paranormal genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting read, 28 Dec 2013
I was captivated from the start and it took me like one night to read through the book. It's been a long time since I actually enjoyed the book so much. It's quick, smart, witty and very HOT. Tegan is young and brave and I luv Ethan, I wished vampires actually exist.
I won't spoil anything so please buy this book and read, it's so worth it.
I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND THIS SERIES TO EVERYONE WHO LOVES #YA #PARANORMALROMANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great opener to the series!, 29 Jun 2013
Excellent read, I could not put this book down, once read I read the next two books from the series and am now eagerly awaiting the fourth book!

I cannot recommend this book highly enough, there are two great leading characters Tegan and Ethan and a fantastic supporting cast of characters. I love the fact that there are many opposing supernatural species which adds depth to the book.

The sexual tension between Tegan and Ethan jumps off the page and is very well written.

What are you waiting for, buy this book, you will not be disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars "The Ultimate Power" series book 1, 18 Jun 2013
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Ethan; like the other vampires Tegan meets, finds her fascinating. She may be human; however there is something irresistible about her. Tegan is also made aware of magic users when she applies for a job. Wizards are insisting that she has a powerful spell cast over her; yet is this a spell of protection or something to fear?

I enjoyed this book thoroughly. Tegan is a feisty character despite the circumstances she has faced and the new challenges ahead. It's clear from the start of this book that Tegan is something special (I was starting to think she may be a Sookie Stackhouse replica) but she is somewhat different. Although Tegan seems unaware of what she is; plus the magical creatures around her also remain in the dark, I couldn't understand her sudden knowledge of what makes her special and why she should stay away from anything magical or supernatural. Tegan certainly gives no indication as to knowing what she is but suddenly she is explaining to people she has got close to why she is different and why no-one must know. I don't know if I missed a vital scene, but Tegan's knowledge came completely out of the blue and made no sense considering her earlier actions.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 15 May 2013
Tegans blood is the first of the Tegan trilogy , this first one really got me buying the second and third book straight away when finished

4.0 out of 5 stars Vampires, Dhamphirs, Slayers, Warlocks and Witches, 5 Feb 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have read Painted Faces by the same author. I loved that book plus it's a contemporary book, a genre I read frequently. Having loved the authors writing style I was keen to read more of her work, but found her other novels are paranormal/fantasy which is not a genre I normally tend to read. However, I like this authors writing so much I decided to give Tegan's Blood a read.

This book features Vampires, Dhamphirs, Slayers, Warlocks and Witches. There are some great characters. I loved Rita the wannabe Witch!

Tegan is a great character. The story is told in first person by Tegan. The hero of the book is a handsome Vampire called Ethan. A lot happens in this book, other reviewers have given a good outline of the plot.

One thing I was puzzled over was where Tribane actually was! There is talk of Tesco and Pounds but when you get to the end of this book there is a preview of book 2 and Tegan is living in Manchester and says she flew halfway across the world to get there?!

I would have preferred more romance between Tegan and Ethan but maybe that happens in the second book. However, I did enjoy the end scene between them both.

I was taken out of my comfort zone with this style of book, but L H Cosway sucked me in with her brilliant writing style. I look forward to downloading book 2 and the release of book 3 later this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tegan's Blood, 19 May 2014
This is the first in the Ultimate Power Series. Tegan is grieving the loss of her boyfriend following his suicide, and is in a pretty bad place not leaving her apartment for months. When she finally ventures out she lands right in the middle of a load of paranormal chaos, partly brought on by her enticing smell/strange blood. I won't give any more away as it could ruin the book for you!
I really enjoyed this book, there was lots of mystery and intrigue, and a nice slow burning romance with a hot vamp too!
This is 4.5 stars for me, losing that half star for the cliffhanger! Although it's not a terrible cliffy, you could in theory read it as a stand alone if you could bear not to know how it pans out! I will be digging into the next one very soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Witches, warlocks and vampires, 4 May 2014
This was an interesting story, imaginative and lively. Tegan is suffering from grief following the suicide of her boyfriend and her grief is quite sensitively handled even while she's discovering who she really is and learning who to trust.
There was a little sexual tension between Regan and Ethan, the hot 277 year old vampire but that's not really the focus of this story, which was a shame I thought.
I didn't like the ending in this at all, it was left open I suppose for the rest of the series but I don't feel very satisfied with how this ended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable reading, 11 April 2014
I liked the series enough to want to buy the second in the series - the first one I got for free. The one thing that is annoying is the lack of proof reading and occasional inaccurate use of commas. The plot is somewhat formulaic - a woman torn between two very different men - but the female heroine is likeable, and more in charge of her life than many. She isn't a passive heroine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›