on 25 January 2013
I really enjoyed this book that compiles in an easy language the main findings of the research on behaviour for success. Some people complained it was a very short book, but for me it's actually a very good point: you get in a short reading an introduction to the field, with references for further readings if you want to.
on 6 October 2013
The reason I gave the book 5 stars as it explained very clearly exactly how to plan to achieve difficult and challenging goals in a way no other book has for me.
It also inspired me to read more books about goal setting.
The author has a very clear and warm writing style that is always inspiring and never lecturing as some books on traits of successful people are.
on 11 March 2013
Simple and concise
Easy to read and understand
Very believable
I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to add value to their lives
on 11 March 2012
The book is a very short read and easy to take in. Each of the 9 "things" is put across clearly and concisely without all the added waffle that some authors throw into similar books. Highly recommend read for anyone looking to gain some insight into how they could increase their chances of success in whatever they take on.
on 2 November 2013
Heidi Grant Halvorson has crafted a very easy to read book full of excellent strategies for success. Self belief is one aspect but as she points out to succeed there needs to be deliberate action focused on improving. This book can be read cover to cover in less than one hour and for anyone wanting to improve this will be an hour well spent.
on 14 May 2015
A fantastic book if you're looking to improve performance.

I work in a sales driven environment, and over time have come to realise that books on organisation and actually doing things can be far more useful than books on sales.

It is the picking up the phone; it is the sitting down and planning calls; it is the continuous improvement that makes the difference.

This one of the most effective books on the topic.

A great length.
Easy to re-read.
Specific actions.
Not too much focus on the research (but enough for social proof!).

If I were to recommend two books to anyone starting out in life, or a career, it would be this and Seth Godin's 'The Dip'.

It's that good.
on 3 August 2015
I love this book, and often will give it to delegates as part of any relevant workshops I might deliver on leadership, performance, team work and so on. I love this (short and easily readable) book for so many reasons, but primarily because it is research-based and yet the ideas, suggestions and propositions are absolutely immediately and practically implementable. And many of the research-based suggestions are, as so often are good research outputs, counterintuitive and unexpected. "Don't try to be the best you can be; just try to be better than last time" for example. 'Be-good' goals are consistent with a belief that achieving a goal demonstrates that you are already good at something (and so failure is a real set-back); a 'get-better' goal, in contrast, focuses on progress rather than perfection and is a part of the learning, developing and changing vital to fully realising our potential. There are 9 things addressed here. Each so very insightful for behaviour change and success in whatever field we might be working or playing.
on 14 March 2013
This book has been a game changer for me. It's given me simple framework to achieve my most important goals.

I immediately put the framework into practice and processed my big 5 goals for this year through it. I've got a clear vision on my goals but know through effort, important actions I will succeed!
on 11 November 2013
Want to change yourself or move your business, a must read book. Put into practice the things in this book can only improve your life.
on 1 September 2013
I read this book in about an hour. While there were some good tips and insights for me it lacked depth. Good introduction in my view.