Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£14.98+ £1.26 shipping

on 4 April 2012
Werner Herzog has created an absolute masterpiece in this film about the death penalty in North America. I previously bought Death Row Stories and to my absolute delight I found out Werner Herzog had also made a movie focusing on the same theme. I have never been so moved and affected by a movie like this.
on 28 March 2012
I was fortunate enough to get tickets to the screening followed by a satellite Q&A with Werner Herzog last night. I am still reeling from what is a masterful piece of film, by arguably the master of documentary himself. The way in which Herzog approaches his subjects is magical, holding no bars in his condemning their crimes and statuses, but with a gentility and humanity that is so nuanced I can't quite describe it. I've just pre-ordered my copy of the DVD and am looking forward to the Death Row Stories, which I think is a series that was cut out of the remaining material after Into the Abyss.
on 28 March 2012
on 10 April 2012
Werner Herzog was a name I wasn't too familiar with, until I saw this docu-film. Fantastic piece, really put together well and will make you question your views about the death penalty.
on 7 September 2012
I really recommend this film. Very interesting and can change your point of view about death penalty. You will be shocked in some moments of this film but happy in the end that you live in the country where death penalty is a past.
on 13 March 2013
People killing other people and the justice system, and generally some of American society. Herzog tackles all of these things how others don't normallly do. Very well balanced. Great film.
on 8 January 2013
The movie is okay, but there are no subtitles, therefore it's often difficult to understand, as the language and the pronunciation of the movie is rather slang than a standard.
on 6 June 2013
I bought this for my daughter who is 21, she was sooo excited to watch it, loves it. One of her best films