Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.42

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 February 2012
This was a very cleverly crafted crime thriller with a difference, absolutely gripping from start to finish. After a cycling accident, Danny is lurched into an alternative reality - and finds himself living his "other" life, where he is not a successful journalist with the hot girlfriend, but a bit of a loser really! Friends and colleagues are here in his new life, but everything is just not right about them, not to mention the fact that he has a grotty flat instead of the nice home he had built with his girlfriend.

Full of colourful, some larger than life, characters who you came to know and love, as the story progresses with Danny realising by "piecing"both of his lives together that he is the only person who can help solve a series of grizzly murders.

The story is brought to a fast paced, gripping climax which was satisfying but still managed to leave you wanting more and I felt a little sad at the end of the book when it was time to leave Danny behind. If you enjoyed Iain Banks' The Bridge then you would probably like this read.
on 13 February 2012
after reading Findo Gask by huw thomas,ithought he can not write another book as gripping but he has.thin ice is another book thatgrips you from start to finish just cant wait for his next book.
on 5 February 2012
This is a clever and entertaining mystery that holds your attention throughout.
The threads of an interesting story intertwine, ultimately converging in a satisfying and surprising ending.
on 24 July 2013
I enjoyed this book from the first page. Poor Harper - I really felt for him and had to find out what had happened. The book is well written and the characters believable. I could not put it down and stayed up until the early hours to finish it.
on 12 November 2012
I was on for giving this book 5 stars as I really enjoyed it & couldn't put it down. However, I agree with another review that the end was really disappointing.....unless there is a sequel?
on 15 July 2013
I started the book not knowing what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the book and could not put it down. I would recommend that you give this book a try.
on 14 November 2012
The alternate universe plot line to this book is interesting and quirky but still felt a little bit flat despite the murder, mystery and unconvincing love story.
on 30 April 2013
I enjoyed this book with it's unusual twist on the normal mystery story. An engaging read, kept the pages turning.
on 25 July 2012
I really wanted to love this book. It was such an interesting premise for a story but it's just too confusing. I get the start of it - we get to see the two parallel lives but then there are other characters added in and I just can't grasp where they all fit in. It probably is a fantastic story but with so many people appearing, I conceded defeat at location 1703. Sorry.
on 21 July 2012
The plot is an interesting and original concept, and I thought at first I was in for a treat, but unfortunately the writing is so poor, the characters so cliched and badly drawn, that I gave up halfway through. Oh well, at least it was free!