on 4 August 2015
For many years I used an ER8000, but then some of the buttons didn't respond unless given a really hard push; just worn out I suppose. So it was time to replace it after the many years of good service.
Although I thought another ER8000 was all I needed, I decided to try the ER8100.
I'm glad I did. It does all that the ER8000 does and more. Well worth the extra £10.
You just have to get used to some of the keys being in different places!
I was very reluctant to buy this given the poor review here, but I went ahead anyway as there's little else now available. Well, I am pleased to say that it has proved to be a brilliant little device for us. We have the older Sharp Electronic Dictionary and the ER9000 Seiko also in the family, and this one is perhaps not quite its equal in terms of screen clarity but, being quite a lot smaller, is much more pocket friendly and is particularly suited to youngsters (it was bought for a nine-year-old who loves it!). The screen contrast can be altered if needed and we find it perfectly readable. It has the Oxford Concise Dictionary, Oxford Thesaurus and (making it far better than the Sharp in this respect) the Concise Britannica Encyclopaedia as well as a range of other useful "books", along with crossword solver, phrase search ("idioms") and word games.

Pretty wonderful, to be honest - and so quick and easy to use, it puts the mobile phone apps to shame.
on 29 December 2012
Easy to use, pocket friendly and excellent if no wifi etc and you want to check something randomly. A good buy.
on 18 January 2013
Bought as a gift. A replacement for a previous similar model. Has some nice new features, but some things are not available that were before. However, the previous one was more expensive and this would appear to be the best of the latest machines.
on 28 August 2015
About everything you could ever wish to look up, and much more too a great product,
on 27 August 2015
This machine is better than sellers advert. Having owned the ER9000 I was doubtful. So glad I made the jump as it is just as capable with lots of function. Only thing it's smaller but you will get used to it.
on 10 March 2015
The encyclopedia is complete rubbish.I needed to look up some historical figures,but the information was sparse and completely misleading I had to look 0n wikip[edia for correct information
on 14 January 2015
Great - Although I have already posted a recommendation before- for some unknow reason it was not accepted, I must have broken some strange rules, ah well!! Any way here goes again. Love the product - it replaces an older model which was beginning to show it's age and is an excellent replacement. It's much faster and has more information - packaged well and received on time. Good product good service.
on 23 March 2016
I have used the previous model for years and to my mind its replacement does not compare in any way !!!
It looks cheap ...it has no substance to it ..it looks and feels like a much cheaper version of what was a very pleasing and easy to use piece of
equipment! I think the price is completely out of proportion...its is a massive disappointment !!!!
on 21 April 2014
Spend ages researching the best one to buy, but was worth it so easy to use, I love it, batteries easy to get hold of too! It goes everywhere with me, small enough to carry in your handbag.
Don't hesitate just buy!