on 2 April 2014
I bought this cable believing the description that it was manufactured from stainless steel. After a few months on my bicycle the cable is rusting away nicely, so the description is inaccurate. The cable was not bad value for money (i.e. 'cheap'), but I wish I hadn't been lied to. I have a particular aversion to rusty parts on bicycles, so I'll be buying more cables, this time from a seller with more integrity.
on 17 October 2013
I ordered one of these based on the advertised length purportedly being 230cm because I needed to do a long cable run. When it arrived it was actually only 210cm in length and therefore completely useless. I immediately emailed Amazon/the seller, who apologized for the "mistake" and advised that a new one would be sent out 1st class. The new one arrived on Tuesday.
However, this one is even shorter than the first one and measures a ridiculous 201.5cm . If I wanted something this short I would have gone to Halfords! I also noticed that the little metal nipple at the end of the one just received is stamped with the letter "K" which obviously... stands for Jagwire!!!
Simply put, the product received is not as described and the fact that the seller has now had two opportunities to get it right but failed to do so leads me to believe that this cable is NOT made by Jagwire. Or why else can't the seller provide a cable of the advertise 230cm length?
I definitely won't be buying from this online seller again.
on 24 April 2014
Bought 6 and arrived loose in a plastic jiffy bag. I'm generally miffed when this happens as there's no way of knowing what you have actually been sent. Time and rain will tell if these are indeed stainless or not. Per a previous review, I checked length, and they are indeed 2300mm long (about 10mm over actually). Seller really should state in listings to expect no packaging and that items are sold loose to set expectations correctly. Can't give more than 3 stars as I have no idea what it is.
on 22 January 2015
What a load of rubbish. Have used and trusted Amazon for a long time but I guess you get what you pay for. The description say stainless steel, yet they are already rusty in just over a week.
Definitely avoid and spend a few pounds extra - these are RUBBISH!
on 31 January 2014
Its a cable, its long, its well lubricated. Simple swap over, slides through easy to replace my old stretched origional. Been running it for longer than I should and havent required any additional tuning and I'm a heavy mtb user of 2-3hr rides per session. Well imprssed with the durability / strength of this cable. Ensure to use very sharp clippers and end cap and clamp properly.
on 5 September 2015
I was in need a new gear cable and this one from Jagwire did the job admirably. Fitted to my old Dawes in just a few minutes and seems perfect for the job. Universal length so needed to be trimmed to fit my cycle. Shame it didn't come with a cable end tidy - would have given it 5 stars if it had.
on 25 January 2014
got this 4 my boyfriend for his bike as the gear lead snapped on his bike.,
grate length a bit longer then we kneaded but rather b to long then short was easy to snip down., and works grate :)
2 days delevary too :) would reccomend to buy this :) for only £1:18 :)
on 8 August 2013
I bought the inner brake cable to make it easier to change the old cables without spending a lot of money and time on the cycle repair. This stainless steel cable did the job very nicely and did not cost a packet. I would recommend this item.
on 22 February 2014
Excellent Value for money and does the job at a fraction of the price of branded Shimano ones. I fitted this with no problems and is suitable length for most applications. Will use seller again. Very prompt service and description accurate.
on 21 May 2014
Too early to tell how long this will last but was easy to fit - no fraying when feeding through the outer cables. Plenty long enough for my mountain bike. Some cable stretch so far - to be expected. Would buy again. Good price.