5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
great value
Published 25 days ago by eric

1.0 out of 5 stars Did any of you actually measure its length??????
Published 9 months ago by Delboy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Did any of you actually measure its length??????, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Jagwire Inner Road or Mountain Bike Gear Cable 1.2mm 2300mm (Misc.)
I ordered one of these based on the advertised length purportedly being 230cm because I needed to do a long cable run. When it arrived it was actually only 210cm in length and therefore completely useless. I immediately emailed Amazon/the seller, who apologized for the "mistake" and advised that a new one would be sent out 1st class. The new one arrived on Tuesday.
However, this one is even shorter than the first one and measures a ridiculous 201.5cm . If I wanted something this short I would have gone to Halfords! I also noticed that the little metal nipple at the end of the one just received is stamped with the letter "K" which obviously... stands for Jagwire!!!
Simply put, the product received is not as described and the fact that the seller has now had two opportunities to get it right but failed to do so leads me to believe that this cable is NOT made by Jagwire. Or why else can't the seller provide a cable of the advertise 230cm length?
I definitely won't be buying from this online seller again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stainless steel? I don't think so!, 2 April 2014
I bought this cable believing the description that it was manufactured from stainless steel. After a few months on my bicycle the cable is rusting away nicely, so the description is inaccurate. The cable was not bad value for money (i.e. 'cheap'), but I wish I hadn't been lied to. I have a particular aversion to rusty parts on bicycles, so I'll be buying more cables, this time from a seller with more integrity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
great value

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 20 Jun 2014
This gear cable is not quite as smooth as the one I bought from my bike shop, but that cost 2.75. This one I am going to carry as a spare and so that's not so important. At the price I think this represents great value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what a cable should, 13 Jun 2014
Good quick delivery and seems to be of good quality. Have yet to fit it so cannot commnet on performance. Seems good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 7 Jun 2014
I think high street shops rip us off with these. This cable was great value, delivered quickly and works as well as any cable I've known in 30 years of shifting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Service & Value, 3 Jun 2014
The gear cables came as advertised promptly and well packaged and good value and one of the cables is fitted to my Marin B117 , 1999 Model, no cable stretch as yet, doing its job,Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit and seems to work, 21 May 2014
Too early to tell how long this will last but was easy to fit - no fraying when feeding through the outer cables. Plenty long enough for my mountain bike. Some cable stretch so far - to be expected. Would buy again. Good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars No idea if this is actually Jagwire or Stainless as no packaging, 24 April 2014
Bought 6 and arrived loose in a plastic jiffy bag. I'm generally miffed when this happens as there's no way of knowing what you have actually been sent. Time and rain will tell if these are indeed stainless or not. Per a previous review, I checked length, and they are indeed 2300mm long (about 10mm over actually). Seller really should state in listings to expect no packaging and that items are sold loose to set expectations correctly. Can't give more than 3 stars as I have no idea what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars back gear cable, 18 April 2014
this is a good and strong cable after i replaced my old worn out cable and was quick to replace.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›