5.0 out of 5 stars Over 3TB as system boot drive!
First off,I have found this drive to be quiet, relatively fast and good value at 112.00.Plus you get a good warranty,I would therefore recommend this drive if you are confident about it's suitability. If you're not sure see if the below helps.

I thought I'd just write a quick post that may help someone who isn't sure(as I wasn't) if they can use this drive in...
Published on 13 Aug 2012 by Korin

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed within 11 months.
It worked okay for 11 months then failed - becoming instantly completely inaccessible and taking all my data with it. This could be a one-off but I'm logging this event so that the Amazon ratings bar graph can build up a bigger picture.
Published 16 months ago by Mr. D. E. Hanney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hard Drive, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Seagate 3.5 inch 3TB Barracuda Desktop Hard Drive (Accessory)
It's huge! I've got 2 of these in a server and they perform pretty well. Uses 1TB per platter and the speeds are pretty good. I've only had mine a few months so I can't comment on the long term reliability.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 9 July 2012
Gonzolagonda "Gonzolagonda" (The beautiful Cotswolds, England) - See all my reviews
Watch out for problems with the BIOS and external docks which don't like such large discs. Had probs both with Win 7 and OSX 10.7. Also the software from Seagate to make the extended capacity work conflicts with other Acronis software which I had to uninstall. An Intel RST driver was also needed...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!!, 5 July 2012
Very Good!! Thanks!! --- --- --- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----- ---- ----- ---- ----- ---- --- ---- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -- ---

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Seagate Again, 25 Nov 2012
Item received without any documentation. Not even the most basic of guidelines. How on earth they expect people with little or no experience of computer hardware (unlike myself) to cope I've no idea. I plugged it in and it didn't work. Trawled the Internet to work out what I needed to do and found a number of options. Chose one and it worked seemingly. I began using the drive. During a large data transfer onto it shortly after I began using it, it failed crashing the transfer. It did so a few more times on similar data transfers and now seemingly has failed completely. It has been in use for 2 days. I don't need this hassle from technology. I won't buy this disk again or probably won't buy Seagate again full stop. It might be a rogue drive but even so I don't need the hassle. I've better things to do than mess around with dodgy drives. Its going back. 0/10

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›