Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Platform: PlayStation 3|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 27 August 2013
I bought this today and I reckon playing as 2-4 players will be more fun than just on your own
There are some really good events like the swimming and the track events ....
I managed to get a bronze on the men's kierin (cycling) in medium level and about six 4th places after one day.
I'm gonna need practice in the volleyball ,table tennis,canoeing and gymnastics as I'm hopeless at them.
All in all its a fairly decent game but no pole vaulting which is a shock actually .....
Once you've got the rhythm of the buttons in tuturial lesson before each event it should come easier
On easy level I managed 8 gold medals and a silver and two Olympic records
So id say start on easy first just to get used to the controls then work your way up
I'm still loving the archery event
Not played a track and field game for about 8 -10 years ......last one I played had fencing on and only had about 23 events I think including horse jumping too ......about 6 of us had fun playing that on ps2.
Obviously you can't have every event on here as some would take hours to complete but 50 would have been nice with added ones like ...judo,fencing,pole vault,show jumping and the bike race that goes round a tiny course shaped like a letter M that lasts about 30 seconds those ones would be great too ........
Now I gotta get back and practice some more
Buy this and play with your mates ......its a pretty decent game well worth the 14.99 I payed for it
on 31 October 2012
My wife and I have played London 2012 for a few days and, having gone through all events, we can say that it's a really nice Olympics game. We liked the variety of available sports (we haven't played Beijing or Athens to compare), and having things like shooting, keirin cycling, weightlifting, kayak and trampoline was a very nice thing. We also appreciated a lot the effort put in more "complex" sports like beach volleyball and table tennis.

We grew up used to the button-mashing system and were happy to see that London 2012 dropped it almost entirely (only weightlifting requires the "classic" button-mashing). In the rest of the sports, most of the instructions are designed to replicate the body movements of the athlete. As a previous reviewer said, some sports are easy to learn and hard to master. Some other ones are easier (I broke the high jump world record in my first attempt playing it), but to me it looks like one may never reach the point of being able to repeat the perfect movement every time.

Athletes names and faces aren't the real ones, but you can fix it through customization. It will take a lot of your time, but if you want to run against Bolt, swim against Phelps and play volleyball against May and Walsh, you can do so. We are customizing our game slowly.

We also appreciate the chance of competing in sports where everyone plays together, and not only the "only one player per turn" system seen in most Winter sports. And we understand that it limits the number of players to 4, since it works with a split screen and splitting it in 6 or 8 parts would create a very small image.

In the end, London 2012 seems to be a nice game to call your friends and play at home (even better if you have 4 controllers to allow more competition). But, that said, there are some minor flaws that prevent me from awarding it a full 5 stars: lack of victory ceremonies in "event" mode; national anthems cut in half; small number of countries compared to the number of nations in the Olympics; the "points" system in the medal table, which no one uses as far as I know. As you can see, none of these are related to game playability; these are just details that could be improved, although I don't know how much memory and work would be necessary to have, for example, all 200-something countries (each one with its own uniform, athlete names and national anthem).
on 26 March 2014
Fantastic game, so much fun and excellent quality. I really like that same games can be played via both the move control and normal controlled. Great fun to play when friends are round.
on 2 August 2013
Was expecting a better move capabilities, difficult to understand. Better in the part that just use the regular features. Probablu I was exoecting to much.
on 14 July 2013
Good game for the London olympic games of 2012.
Compete for your country online and servers works.
3d stereoscopic is available but they use side by side format!!!!!!!!
I do not use 3d option because letters look no good!
With 2d option presentation text looks something like what I saw at tv.
on 29 November 2014
Bought this so that the whole family can play together. My other half loved it but my six year old got frustrated as she couldn't get it right the first time so didn't want to play anymore. I think it will just take a few goes before she gets the hang of it. It is a good buy for the price definitely worth a go
on 26 October 2013
Not having a game with the different sports attached to it I went for this. I was not disappointed. Some of the games are hard, but none of them are boring, especially the hardest to tackle the Kayak racing. Easiest choice to recommend that I have made this year!!
on 23 July 2013
Reason why i got this, Was simply because, of the olympic games last year, The graphics looks awesome, and game play is easy as well.
This seller was fast at sending it this item, So i would highly recommend,
on 11 January 2013
its very fun to play it. I have got lots of modalitys wich makes it very competitive.
So u can play it with your mates or your family in the same fun.
I really enjoying it.
on 4 May 2013
Great sport game. Team play makes you feel like a member of a national team. It is difficult to play some games, but you can practice. I' d like more options with move controler.