5.0 out of 5 stars possibly the best title yet from the amazing Mr Bouchard
I've been waiting for this for some time and closely follow Claudes twitter account for info( @ceebee308 )
I knew from this the book was due so had been sitting impatiently waiting since Sunday for its release..

Published on 31 Jan. 2012 by markaaronc

3.0 out of 5 stars My least favourite so far
I finished this book this afternoon and was disappointed with the ending -the book needed another paragraph at least, with Leslie reporting back!

Published on 8 Jan. 2013 by jac

5.0 out of 5 stars possibly the best title yet from the amazing Mr Bouchard, 31 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Discreet Activities: A Vigilante Series crime thriller (Kindle Edition)

I purchased it as soon as the tweet about the release came through.. jumped off twitter and into the best several hours read I've had for a long time.

The story, which I won't divulge any details of, is fast paced, twisting and thoroughly engrossing. I got through it in a single trance like read.. you may think that was because its short, its not.
Well balanced storyline, a huge shock(for me) a wry knowing smile for the ending and the characters I have come to know and love..

I could probably write several thousand words on this review right now, however the next line will sum it up..

Buy this book right now!!! oh and read all the others in the series as well.. in order..

thanks for another amazing book Claude, a true gentleman and an awesome writer

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This Book!!, 19 April 2012
I have now read all the books in the Barry/McCall series and I do not have a favourite,
thet are all brilliant! I was hooked from the first page of each book and I can only
hope there are more to come...while I am waiting I am going to start his stand alone book Asylum.

I highly these books, give them a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Discreet Activities (Paperback)
I have just spent the last 2 1/2 hours engrossed in this book , literally unable to put it down . It's now 5:50am and I blame Claude entirely for the fact that I will be exhausted today !!
Tapping into current news items of terror cells planning attacks on western targets this book has many twists and turns as is usual with Claude's books. Will the terrorists succeed in their plans ? Will hundreds of innocent people be killed ? You just have to keep reading to find out .

This book also highlights the dangers that the 'Discreet Activities' team face , with some of their own operatives being in danger of death . Showing that it doesn't always go their way for anyone who might have thought that previous Vigilante books always turned out in favour of Chris , Jonathan and the team.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive reading, 25 Mar. 2013
I couldn't put this one down. I've read all of the vigilante series but I think this one may have been my favourite as I couldn't stop reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Vigilante series continues to thrill, 15 Jan. 2013
Yet another good read in the Vigilante series. In fact, perhaps even better than the earlier ones, with a new and gripping plot angle and with the characters becoming more sharply and interestingly defined as the series has matured.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 8 Jan. 2013
Another fantastic book by this author.. The vigilante series have great likeable characters and strong plots. I have read quite a number of of books in this series and i do hope there will be more. Highly recommend them

3.0 out of 5 stars My least favourite so far, 8 Jan. 2013

All of the usual characters from the other Vigilante series are back - chiefly Chris Barry, Police captain, Dave McCall and Jonothan Addley of the Discreet Activities group. This time, Nick Sharp and the RCMP play more of a roll.

The plot is basically 4 students , all Pakistanis who profess they would do anything for Allah, take up residence in a ski lodge near Chris Barry's home. Intelligence knows they are potential members of the AFI, an infant muslim terror group, and bugs the building with cameras and microphones.

Initially they are to be used as decoys for an attack on Montreal (believed to be on New Years eve, but that was not the case) but as the story unfolds, the leader of the group, JayQ, a man protected by diplomatic immunity, manages to kill 2 of the DA group and a RCMP member. The ineptness and dishonesty of 2 of his main members means he has to kill them and then has to call on the fledgling members in the ski lodge to commit the actual attack.

Naturally the police and Discreet Activites group has close surveillance on the gang members and the plot is foiled and descends into farce. I don't want to give away more than that, but I did find the ending a let-down. Maybe the author didn't quite know what to do with the villain so we never find out just what happened!

More than any of the others this book had many poorly translated words (eg pp139/140 'recouped' was used instead of, perhaps' retrieved. 'He recouped the gym bag before returning to the kitchen' and 'dropped the key ...he had recouped from Moshin') and the dreaded 'cuz' for 'because' occurs every few pages and drove me dotty!!

I am now reading what is really the third in the series and it is better than this by far. I think Mr Bouchard gets worse as the series progresses. I found this book much less believable than the others, and much less well written. Shame, as the first ones I read were so gripping. I do hope the last 2 I have left to read are better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discreet Activities by Claude Bouchard, 20 Oct. 2012
Discreet Activities (VIGILANTE Series) Discret Activities is unfortunately the last in the gripping "Vigilante" series that has had me completely engrossed over the last few weeks. I do hope that there will be more to come. All of these books are great as stand-alone reads but, in my opinion, they are best read in order. Discreet Activities has yet more surprises and it will keep you wondering right up to the last page as to how it will end.

A brilliant series and I would like to thank Claude for the entertainment so far....