5.0 out of 5 stars Smacks of good quality. Beautiful design
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:10 Mins
I bought this not for travel but because there can be competition in our household for chargers. I bought it to have 4 sockets on one charger.

Published 2 months ago by Mister G

1.0 out of 5 stars There is a known fault with these chargers
One star as there is no option for lower (which is what it deserves). I was really pleased with this when I received it and used it for the 1st time to charge my Sony Xperia Z1 (needs LOTS of charging!) but since that 1st time, the charger has stopped working. I've tried it in various sockets, at home and work with various phones both Android and IOS using various cables...
Published 14 months ago by John Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Smacks of good quality. Beautiful design, 3 Feb. 2015
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:10 Mins

I have tried the fast charger on my iPad and had no problems - it works well. It is great to have a fast charger as the iPad takes a long time to charge on a standard socket.

The 4 LEDs are muted which is great. I have another charger, the LED power light of which is far too bright - it disturbs you if in bed. Not this one.

Unlike another charger that I have, the LED goes off when the item you are charging has ceased to draw any current, i.e. the LEDs give you an indication of the power being drawn by the device, as opposed to simply indicating that the power to the charger is on.

Personally, I do not leave this charger plugged into the wall because dust will get into the 4 USB ports which can't do it any good in the long term. I have read before that when USB sockets no longer function, it is sometimes due to a build-up of dust and dirt.

The fact that this device has its USB sockets on the top can make the difference between being able to use it and not. I have found that some hotels have mains sockets just above objects which cannot be moved. This means that if this device had its USB sockets on the bottom (like its predecessor), you would be unable to plug anything into it. Therefore having the sockets on the top can be critical instead of a matter of style and convenience.

The best way to show you what this charger looks like and its functions is via a video, so I have made an in-depth video review. If you do not enlarge the video to full screen, it sometimes plays with sound but no video (a blank, black screen) - this seems to be an Amazon glitch. To cure it, press the 'full screen' icon.

If you are reading this on a mobile phone, you may be unable to view the video - you will be able to watch it on a computer or tablet.

I am very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and works, 4 Sept. 2012
This review is from: PortaPow 2.5A Quad USB Wall Charger with 3 Year Guarantee (UK Plug) (Accessory)
Unlike so many cheap adapters this works well for my ipad and other gadgets and had not failed yet; I have bought another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the iPad, 2 April 2012
I wanted a charger that was as good as the Apple one for my iPad and can also charge 2 devices when needed. This device fits this need perfectly. I particularly like the fact that when both ports are in use the power is not simply split equally across the two ports as is the norm I have seen in the past on other chargers so I can charge both an iPad and an iPhone simultaneously at sensible rates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value and quality, 5 Sept. 2013
Cambridge Ian (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
We have used this item to charge multiple items including an iPhone, BlackBerry curve, galaxy s3 and s3 mini's all have worked fine.

It will also charge a nexus 7 tablet the only issue we have had is with USB cables not all are the same and some work and some don't.

Really like that when 4 items are charging it doesn't get hot and it appears to spread the amps depending on the number of devices.

Overall excellent for anything that needs a USB charger

5.0 out of 5 stars It saves space!, 10 Jun. 2013
I have been charging iPad2, iPhone4, iPhone4S, and a battery pack at the same time with this charger, and everything got charged. I use it at home, but also brings it along on vacations. I bought a second one as a present for a vacation home. And I am thinking about bying another one for my office.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Jun. 2013
At last I don't have to take 4 different chargers away with me. Very well made and the indicators allow the user to see the status of charge on any of the 4 connected devices at a glance. In fact it's so good I use it at home and put the others chargers away.

Would have given it 5 stars if the GB 3-pin plug was removable and you could slide on EU/USA/OZ adapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solver, 30 Dec. 2012
This is a great product. It can output a high current for power hungry devices, or share that power across up to 4 devices simultaneously. It's great that it shows when each device is no longer drawing power. Some people have complained that the lights are too bright for a bedroom, but I use this in the kitchen, where dim lights wouldn't work. It depends how you want to use it. Also, be aware that not all USB cables are equal, and if you use a poor cable, you won't get the full power. I think it would be a little more convenient if the sockets were on the top of the plug, rather than the bottom, but it's not a big deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 May 2013
I use only one charger for all my devices. It charges like a rock. It's a good solution for my purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too many chargers?, 26 April 2013
If you have too many chargers, this solves the problem nicely. Charges my iPhone, Playbook, Blackberry wherever I am.

Great when travelling light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase this year., 29 July 2014
Best purchase this year by far. I am so sick of juggling chargers and cables and plugging/unplugging things. Something that is the bane of modern life where everything seems to have it's own special design plug even though it's a USB charger. Well, this thing sorted that out in an instant. Now I have spare sockets on my extension and can plug things in that I need without having to check first what's charging.

This does precisely what it says it does, and it does it very well indeed. I've had both my wife and daughter's tablets and phones charging off this thing and you don't have to keep pressing the active button to see where the charge is. The illuminated markers on the socket tell you at a glance what is charged and what isn't - and wonder of wonders, they actually work. It does in fact tell you when something is finished charging. I may have to buy another one of these for my phone, tablet and toys and free up some more space.

Saves time, space and lots of effort, I cannot recommend this highly enough. Provided you keep the cables tidy (and this is easy with various options available here on Amazon) you cannot go wrong, and it tidies up hard pressed wall sockets and/or extensions instantly.

The price is great, delivery is quick and this thing does precisely what the seller says it does. How often do you get that? Brilliant purchase, and it's saved what little is left of my hair too.