4.0 out of 5 stars Another top read from Carl Lee
I bought this after finishing "The Thing with UNREALITY" and wasn't disappointed. If you are a Holt/Rankin/Fforde/Humphries fan, this will appeal to you instantly.

Published 23 months ago by FuManStu

3.0 out of 5 stars 80% read and well I'm still reading it
Published 20 months ago by John Haydock

3.0 out of 5 stars 80% read and well I'm still reading it, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
The story is not too bad, the characters are pretty good (but underdeveloped in my opinion) and I have bought the sequel so it can't be that bad. BUT, I wish that the characters had been develpoed a bit more and I wish the hero was a bit more likeable. He is almost to workaday, which may have been the authors intention, but I felt like I wanted more. I did like the bit (spolier alert) where he destroyed the filing cabinet but I felt like it needed a bit more.....The only real complaint is the transition to digital book left gaps on pages and disjointed paragraphs

4.0 out of 5 stars Another top read from Carl Lee, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)

I am not convinced it's actually that funny but YMMV and it's a really good read. Ok there are a few strange typos here and there and chunks of very predictable outcomes but at this price, it's worth every penny. The story and characters were really engaging and I struggled to put this down once I got going with it. I didn't think the ending was fantastic but I seem to be disappointed by most endings in comic fantasy these days, so let's assume it's me :-). My only real criticism of this story is that it's a bit too much like Tom Holt's Paul Carpenter series, but they do say something flattering about imitation :->.

I'm waiting to get through my current book so I can read the sequel, which has to be a fairly good recommendation!

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
and very comfortable. I enjoyed the story greatly and found it a good fill in whilst I searched for something more entertaining. Or so I thought.
I sort of forgot to look, or at least until I had finished Trousers. Funny and as I say comfortable. If I have any criticism, and it's difficult to criticise as it is an entertaining book, it would be that it was a bit short. That in itself is probably a positive as to make it longer may well have been just padding and that would have weakened the effect.
By all the God's I can drivel on,
Look, I enjoyed it OK? and I will read more by Carl Lee, if that be his/her real name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
Being a lover of modern day fantasy, this was right up my street.
Emery Trouser, is a lovely, funny, believeable chap, who dives into the realms of hell.
His tramp friend, Jack, is a star, and made me laugh out loud, as he does, and says things that you can relate to.
I only get time to read in bed, and I looked forward to reading it each night.
Well written, (with the usual ebook spelling mistakes), it was a strong story, with good guys and bad guys.
Well done Carl Lee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun read, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
An accountant takes on the demons of hell albeit somewhat unwillingly. In fact not exactly the demons of hell as he ends up helping the Republic of Hell (Satan has gone into retirement) defend themselves from an army of nasties trying to take over Hell. An interesting idea and a generally well written book. The formatting was somewhat poor in my Kindle version but despite that it remains a good and entertaining book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I quite enjoyed this book despite the predictable start and form of the main character. The odd loner finds out he is a hero in the making with his trusty side kick. Did make me gently chuckle. I did think I would be more irritated by the Scottish voice in the narrative but as a true scot I could hear the conversation clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
Bought this following a recommendation and wasn't disappointed. Its easy to read, full of action which made me want to keep reading long into the night to find out what happened next. Loved the character of Jack, the tramp who hears ghosts and I hope he's in the next book. Will be reading more Carl Lee in the near future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm, 3 Jan. 2014
Fireball 61 (Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
The premise is quite good but then it just sort of loses its way and rambles on. Some decent characters but you quickly lose interst in them or what they are doing. A pity because the idea is good but the execution is poor and then poof it ends! Mmmm why did i bother?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
The sort of story I've been meaning to write but never quite got round to! Good humour, excellent characters with fitting profiles and the obligatory trip to hell and back. Don't forget the reluctant accountant hero. What more could one ask for!

4.0 out of 5 stars A laugh, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Trouser's Edge - (Revised Edition) (Kindle Edition)
Some good laughs and a good storyline with a pleasant ending. A nice, light, fantasy read with a charming view of hell as a corporate institution