5.0 out of 5 stars A more balanced opinion?
I love ranty non-sensical reviews on Amazon!

Published on 9 Jan. 2013 by Kelvin Liew

3.0 out of 5 stars Bose ear cushions
Theres nothing wrong with these ear cushions, except the price. Although I have had the earphones for a couple of years now, I haven't used them regularly. They cost a lot and I didn't expect to have to replace the cushions, both for the ears and across the top (which I can't actually change). So my disappointment is more with Bose than with these ear cushions.
Published 21 months ago by Todd Sweeney

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A more balanced opinion?, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
I love ranty non-sensical reviews on Amazon!

The last review doesn't really say how long his original cushions lasted but I can say that MINE lasted for 6 long years of almost continuous professional use before finally giving up the ghost. I think a 6 year lifespan for the part which is in contact with your head and constantly under wear and tear isn't bad personally but hey ho... Also, these are the largest sized headphones they make so to say that they are more expensive than the other replacement cushions they make for their other headphones and therefore a rip-off is kind of like saying that tyres for a fiat punto should cost the same as tyres for a range rover. One has more rubber than the other and this is reflected in the cost surely????

Okay so there ARE other much cheaper 3rd party manufactured replacement cushions that you can buy out there but in my experience, buy cheap buy twice... If I get half the use out of these that I did from the originals I think I'd have gotten my money's worth.

One last point - when fitting them - make sure you can see all the clips otherwise you haven't set them in correctly and they'll pop out easily. Once you DO get all the plastic 'teeth' in, they are fine.

My headphones now feel good as new!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bose ear cushions, 10 Jun. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit. Ludicrously expensive., 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
I use the QC2's at work every day. They get a lot of use, and the earpads wear out in about 2 years. There's no choice butfor me to buy the genuine replacements IMHO, given the reviews of the non-Bose replacements on the interweb. I just wish they weren't such a rip off. There's no competition on price, the only other source being Bose, who charge pretty much the same price. These can't cost more than a couple of pounds to make, surely?

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
Identical quality to original (even though headphone model out of manufacture for years), but pricy - there are non OEM versions out there that may well be better value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Promptly received and easy to fit., 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
Having increasingly purchased Bose equipment and been very happy over the last few years with the Bose over ear headphones, it was only natural to order the genuine Bose replacement Ear Cushion Kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I found these, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
When I got my headphones out for use recently I saw the state of the ear cushions and I immediately thought I'd have to bin them and get some new ones. A quick search however and I found these genuine Bose replacements. An easy video was found on you tube showing how to remove the old ones and replace with these, and voila ! all sorted now. Pleasantly surprised that these are user serviceable, so am now the proud owner of nice comfy headphones which don't drop bits of black foam everywhere. They may be a bit more expensive than non Bose alternatives, but they arrived well packaged, they fit easily, and they work great.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect - it's Bose!, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
My previous Bose Ear Cushion had started to become powder and the seams had given way making the sponge inside visible. Hence I brought this replacement ones. They are as advertised and feel like the original. It is however too soon to say - the original one lasted me for 7 years with moderate use. Hopefully this one will also last me that long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
Having looked at comments from buyers of cheaper alternatives I decided the OEM was the better buy. The Bose ear cushions are really soft on the ear. Maybe pricey but this was my second purchase of replacements. I guess the wear rate on soft cushions for a heavy user like myself is the price worth paying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine replacement parts, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
Don't consider buying cheaper third party parts for your Bose headphones - these are simply perfect and make my headphone feel new again

5.0 out of 5 stars Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2, 26 Mar. 2014
J. Gale "topsail jon" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bose ® Ear Cushion Kit for QuietComfort ® 2 (Electronics)
What can I say? It does what is says it will do. Easy to fit with clear instructions included. Would recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›