5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 13 July 2012
Annie L (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This coat is fabulous, better than I expected at such a reasonable price. The colour is as it is in the picture, well made. It arrived the day after I had ordered it! I shall be shopping with this efficient company again, that's certain. I happily would pay more for a better quality velvet - but that is just a quibble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Jacket, 22 May 2013
A beautifully stitched good quality jacket, very reasonable for the price. Gorgeous Velvet. I ordered a larger size after reading the reviews and it is too large for me. I think I should have stuck to my original size. However, I will have it altered. I am not over keen on the buttons as make it look a bit gaudy rather than elegant, but have decided to change them. After that, it will look stunning and rate five star.

Very happy with my purchase. I bought it in Burgundy.

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous & a bit different....., 14 Aug. 2012
suzyq (west scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elegant Velvet Gothic or Victorian Vintage Retro Regency Flounce Style Jacket In Sizes 6-28 (Apparel)
bought this coat in black to wear to a family wedding after reading the review on here,so glad i did.fed up with boring "neat" jackets. i'm usually a size 10-12,so ordered a 12-14,perfect!! if it was tighter,the front "skirt" would stand out too much,but it hangs beautifully.the turned back cuffs give this coat a different look to others and the buttons on the front are a nice touch.it's exactly as it looks in the picture,with single button fastening at the front and a longer "tail". it's not the heaviest velvet ever,but i'm glad as i think it would be too constricting as it's a fitted coat.goes beautifully with my red dress. really,really want the burgundy one now...need to justify it first tho. very fast delivery by this company,would definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 13 Nov. 2013
5* for fasts delivery,perfect fit,style,vision and originality....wow! This jacket fits perfectly ( sits rather than dig in so it's really flattering. ) sleeves are always a problem for me with having shorter arms, but theses are only slightly longer on me allowing room to reach out. I'm going to wear this Christmas Day for its first outing. I like to be different so this is spot on. Well done,I will definitely buy from you again and recommend to others :). Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous jacket., 18 Oct. 2013
Really lovely jacket. Highly recommend this if you are looking for something just that little bit different. Bought the burgundy....gorgeous colour. Bought my normal size 10 and perfect fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking coat, 22 Nov. 2013
This coat is a beautiful colour, very elegant and a good fit. It's not that thick or heavy but quite warm considering (and of course it's more of a statement than a coat you'd wear in bad weather!). The only reason I didn't give five stars are that the sleeves are weirdly long - I'm normal height but my hands nearly disappear into it - and the buttons are very plasticy which makes it look lower quality. Other than that, lovely coat and accurate sizing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget Blue Velvet... bag this Burgundy beauty, 25 Feb. 2015
Janarchy "Jacquie" (Blackpool Lancashire) - See all my reviews
I love it but I've changed it for smaller. Far too large. My fault for ordering bigger size. Ignore the reviewers (including this one!). But I felt very Dr Who in this ... you know the lizard faced reptilian lady detective from alien lands. I'd prefer to lure a man rather than a woman wearing this ... and my bottom really does look big in it as a result of the cut ... but it's stylish, elegant and fun. The velvet is of a nice quality too, and will soften in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Generous, 5 April 2014
Lovely item for fancy dress - very good quality and great buttons. Velvet sits nicely and does the job - thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 12 Mar. 2014
Lovely jacket that will get used a lot for various period costume events, the size is slightly on the large size but to go over a bustle or over period skirt/ waistcoat it needs to be to do the centre button up and not look like a stuffed turkey. Delivery was prompt and efficient too!

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely evening jacket, 28 Jan. 2014
I love this jacket feels expensive and looks great I bought a size larger as im a bit top heavy im very very pleased with this item