Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 16 May 2012
Having been grounded from the internal combustion mode my wife and I bought bicycles.
Did a wee bit around the local area before a glimmer appeared in the brain, research needed.
This was one of the first books we bought, along with their bike touring survival guide, and is an absolute gem.
This book contains much of what you need to consider and what you don't, without forcing any compulsory brands down your throat.
Written in an easy to read style and format, this book is a must have for anyone considering two wheel holidays, even without crossing borders.
A reference that will accompany me on my Kindle.
Now we know what awaits us.
on 31 January 2012
I had already done some shorter bicycle trips when I first came across Travelling Two's "Bike Touring Basics". I was planning a new adventure and all my travel companions found it incredibly helpful. It certainly helped us make the most of the journey. It covers all the basics you need to think about before you start pedaling and during the trip with equal measures of common sense and experience.

Furthermore, it makes for an enjoyable reading. Keeping a copy in your Kindle also makes it a fantastic reference book once you hit the paths and roads.

I could not praise this wee book enough!
on 11 May 2013
Lots of links to other resources. Some good advice though ... sound and basic advice that you would not think of because it's so simple and obvious. Think of this book as the big wet fish you get slapped with when you tell someone you did something in a really over complicated way.
That does make it a good thing.
Only 2 stars because there are a LOT of links and I'd have preferred not to have gone trawling, just to have read it in the pages I paid for.
on 19 February 2013
Excellent good to just get you going plenty of sound advice and information of websites which will help you along.
on 29 April 2014
i found to be informed as having to prepare my boys bike/kit for upcoming school trip to France this summer on a week of adventure the book helped source what he will need as i never rode that far in my day i did the sensible thing. I waited till old enough & got my motorbike to haul my gear to events +beer for the weekend runs
So this has helped a lot thanks
on 23 April 2014
I have done some limited tours in the UK .Had to learn many lessons the hard way.This book is quite outstanding for detail and common sense.Would not dissent from a word of it.Even learned a few new things seems as if my trusty old Zardari will ha two retire if Iwantto do a longer trip. BUY IT This is the best I have red.
on 28 August 2013
A well written book full of useful information for the novice touring rider. Informative articles and links, basic principles and advice. If you are thinking of touring on a bicycle for the first time this book will be invaluable as an introduction.
on 4 November 2014
This is one of my two go to reference book for touring. Absolutely loved it. Full of great stuff and top tips for the bike. B