4.0 out of 5 stars A nice surprise.
I'm generally put off by anything other than Philips for LED bulbs because in the past I've bought various bulbs and
the quality of the light from them has been terrible to the point of me wondering why people sell such terrible LED products, except for Philips that is.

Published on 26 Jun 2012 by WRH

Like others say, this 10 watt bulb is impressively bright for its wattage, giving off light much like a 100 watt bulb or 20 watt CFL. It is a fair bit brighter than a 16 watt Philips CFL I compared with and the light given off is a little whiter.

Published 14 months ago by Sean Byrne

1.0 out of 5 stars Impressively bright, but short life and poor customer support, 3 May 2013
Sean Byrne (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lighting EVER 10 Watt A60 LED 810 lm B22 Bayonet Bulb, Warm White (Kitchen & Home)

The light is fairly directional, throwing very little light towards the base. This means the bulb produces harsher shadows than a CFL or regular incandescent bulb, but useful in down-facing outdoor fixtures where most of the light is directed towards the ground. Unlike a CFL bulb, this LED bulb lights up at full brightness, which is very useful in unheated rooms and outdoor fixtures where CFLs take a few minutes of warming up to give off any useful light.

So why my poor star rating?

I bought 4 Lighting EVER LED bulbs on the 3rd March - two of these, a 6 watt B22 A55 and a 6 watt E27 A55. The 6 watt E27 bulb arrived shattered and the 6 watt B22 bulb failed after a few minutes of use. I was able to return these through Amazon's return process.

Just over a week ago, one of the 10 watt LED bulbs failed. Amazon said I must contact the manufacturer as it was outside the 30-day return period. So I tried contacting Lighting EVER. It's now a week since I made the return request and I have not heard back from them since.

I could not find any mention of a warranty period, so I suspect that its warranty is the same as buying an incandescent bulb. This is totally unacceptable for an expensive bulb (in comparison to CFLs & incandescents) that claims an 18 year life expectancy on the box, considering I just have one working LED bulb left out of the 4 I bought 2 months ago.

Update 17th May 2013: The last remaining bulb has failed. :(

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice surprise., 26 Jun 2012

This is the first time since then I've taken a risk on a non-Philips, and only the second time I've had a non-Philips that functions acceptably. Sometimes when you play the LED lottery you win something.

I picked these out to illuminate the stairway to the cellar. Given it's such a dark and horrid place I pick daylight white because I think it illuminates best in such areas and I have to say it does it's job very well.

First impressions; open the box and having being used to Philips LED's and their weighty heatsinks my immediate thought is this bulb looks a little bit toy town and there is hardly any weight to it. I couldn't have been more wrong. The light quality is excellent. On the box it states the CRI is 80 and I can believe that. It also kicks out plenty of light too.

I've noticed other reviewers mentioning humming. I can't say as I've noticed any, however I'm not one make out a problem doesn't exist. It's a pity if such a problem exists because it's a perfectly good bulb and at a far more reasonable price than some manufacturers. But What matters to me is my bulb is silent. Maybe it's just my power supply is 'cleaner', I can only speculate on that one.

It's not a perfect bulb however. Unlike the Philips LED's this one seems to cast light predominantly downwards and to the side, little light shines upwards which would make it ideal for recessed fittings or fittings with a good diffuser or lampshade where light can radiate in all direction. Otherwise the roof looks a little dark, which might bother some people. In my case it's in a closed fitting with a reflector which negates that issue as all I need to see is the floor down in the dungeon.

I can't wait to try the warm white version in an actual room, because I'm hopeful that it will be up to the task.

So why buy this bulb? (if you're a fan of daylight white).

A. It's cheap (compared to say Philips LED's).
B. The light quality is excellent.
C. It's bright.
D. The usual LED perks like low power consumption VS instant on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright White Light, 3 July 2012
I initially put this in the hall, replacing an old Osram 100w incandescent bulb. I was surprised by how bright it was - in that situation, brighter than the 100w - but we decided it was too white (It is 6000K) for the hall. After reading other reviews saying there was a hum, I listened closely to it and heard nothing whereas I can hear some CFLs.

It's close to daylight white.
It's comparatively inexpensive
It's bright
It's instant
It's quiet (for the one I have but see other reviews on this)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 8 Jan 2013
Brightest and best "60w replacement" I've tried so far. Slightly more downwards and sideways illumination than a 60w pearl and the warm white is just the tiniest tad colder in colour temperature without being the least bit uninviting. There is a very quiet buzz that can only just be heard in the still of night. It's louder if using a dimmer switch set to max (these bulbs are NOT suitable for use with a dimmer). When going for LED bulbs remember that none of them (so far that I've tried) are good lighters of ceilings, and they also have a harder light giving sharper shadows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright!, 20 Jun 2012
John Chan (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Replaced a 15W CFL bulb (which in turn, had replaced a 60W standard bulb) - it's much brighter and is instant-on! Nice colour temperature - slightly whiter (less yellow) than an incandescent bulb. LED lighting finally comes of age.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 24 Jan 2014
Seems to do what it says on the tin! Was easy to plug into socket and is not as big as the ordinary long life types. Gives a brighter white light then the fluorescent types do.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 2 Jan 2014
Wasnt sure at first, if this is a good light or not...well, I can honestly say...this is BRIGHT and DOES make it seem like its daylight HONEST!!! In fact I like this soo much ...I am going to replace ALL my low energy bulbs for these...a must have for anyone with sight issues too, as my husband does...he sees things better than before too..

5.0 out of 5 stars LED Bulbs, 10 Mar 2013
Find them a lot easier to read when they are illuminated. Very econimical on electricity. Should pay for themselves well within

the life of the bulbs. Price compared well with other suppliers who I looked at.

5.0 out of 5 stars great LED Bulb., 7 Mar 2013
A great LED bulb, looks like a normal bulb, instead of those horrible stick bulbs we all seem to get nowadays, highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars it buzzes, uneven light spread LED technology still has to improve, 21 Jan 2013
I would describe the intensity as ok, but not as powerful as advertised, certainly not in the order of 800lm, that may be due to the poor design of the diffuser, which only allows light to spread in less than 180 degrees and concentrates everything in a narrow spot. The electronics make a noticeable noise, so this is not appropriate for a silent environment.
I have to say that it is a lot better than the models I tried a couple of years ago, I would've given it 3 stars, one less for the buzzing noise. I think LED technology for domestic use still has to improve, we'll probably have 5 star products in a couple of years