4.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaw
I quickly paged through the instruction guide, to find it was pretty useless.
And used common sense instead. I assembled the bike very easily except the supplied allen key was the wrong size to fit the back rack to the bike.
It took me about half an hour to put together it was very easy.
Once assembled I folded the bike which was pretty neat but the design...
Published on 7 Jun 2012 by Robert Troi

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and awkward
This bike weighs 15kg. Folded down it is still an awkward shape and is quite difficult to get into the boot of my car (Mk 1 Focus). To collapse the bike there is the hinge in the middle (well made and very solid) and you can lower the seat using a quick release. That's it - the pedals don't fold and the handlebar stays upright.

Assembly is OK if you know how to...
Published on 12 Aug 2012 by M. N. Chatfield

4.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaw, 7 Jun 2012
Robert Troi (Pencoed, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
I quickly paged through the instruction guide, to find it was pretty useless.
It took me about half an hour to put together it was very easy.
Once assembled I folded the bike which was pretty neat but the design flaw is it needed to collapse the handle bars to lay flat to the frame of the bike but you cant without getting the tool kit out again. What this means is the width of the bike when folded is always the width of the handle bars. If it had the same mechanism as the seat, it would have been great.
So don't think you can put this in a bag and carry it on a train without taking tools with you!

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and awkward, 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)

Assembly is OK if you know how to fit/adjust the wheels and set the brakes/gears - a trip to the bike shop for many people.

Riding the bike is exhausting, the tyres are wide and chunky (I inflated them to the correct pressure) - 1 mile on this is like 10 on normal bike.

This bike is OK for occasional use (e.g. I took my car to be serviced and cycled back), for commuting think again.

Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
This bike is brilliant. Compact enough to put in your car boot or passenger seat. Easy to assemble and fold down, and comfortable enough to ride a fair few miles. I'm really pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CHUNKY CITY BIKE, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
SUPERB BIT OF KIT!! I ORDERED THIS FOLD UP BIKE FOR MY WIFE BUT LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT I RETURNED MY (DAMAGED) FOLD UP MOUNTAIN BIKE AND REPLACED IT WITH THE FOLDING CITY BIKE. GREAT FOR TAKING AWAY IN THE BACK OF OUR CAR WHEN WE GO FOR BREAKS IN OUR TOURING CARAVAN. GOOD CHUNKY TYRES AND A STURDY FRAME PLUS 6 GEARS - IDEAL FOR OUR NEEDS. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stowabike Folding Bike, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
Excellent service arrived sooner than expected well done.
Was impressed with the positive comments and went ahead and order not one bike but two.

After delivery we unpacked one bike at a time and looked at the Assembly instruction
that ended in the bin, manual was for mountain bike.

Other than that it didn't take long to assemble ready for the 1st test run.

Good value and good Quality well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stowabaike easy to set up and rides well, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
I had some misgivings about ordering this product due to some negative reviews that had been written about it, but these fears were unfounded. This bike is simple to put together, looks great, is compact and good to ride. Contrary to some opinions, you do not need to be an engineer to set this bike up and it should not take more than half an hour. In addition, fully folded, this bike fits into the boot of a Ford Ka (a much smaller boot than a Fiesta) easily. The only negative comment I have is that it is a little heavy in comparison to some of its competitors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible bike, 7 Aug 2013
Pd Farleigh - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
I'm currently waiting for a refund on my bike. I contacted the seller about missing parts twice and only received the missing parts when I filed a return.

When I built my bike and tested it, it fell apart. The seat was unstable, the gear changes were awful and the back break was sticking.

After deciding that the bike was too dangerous to ride, I decided to try to return the bike again and get a refund. My request was closed because the seller thought I would be happy with a replacement. I don't want a replacement, I want my money back.

The service from the seller was not up to scratch - I had to push them twice on the missing parts issue. All of the correspondence from the seller were automated messages like 'The Sports HQ has closed your return request. The reason for the closure of your request is: Issued replacement without return'. This implies that my complaints have not been taken seriously.

I'm now working with Amazon on an A-Z claim as the seller doesn't seem to want to give my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great buy!!!!, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
Amazing, the price of this bike says it all, it is amazing. Slightly heavier than the expensive fold ups, but are you really going to carry it around or just ride it???? I would thoroughly recommend this.

1.0 out of 5 stars city stow away bike, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
nothing but problems with it,so annoying need it for college.can you help me out here?
handelbar came loose and brakes not working proply,sadle keeps coming loose,help!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose Value for money, 18 Oct 2012
S. Sherratt (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver (Sports)
The folding cycle arrive almost by return and I too had problem with the instructions, loose components and damaged packaging, however, with an engineering background I had no problems assembling the cycle.
I and my Wife have given the cycle a good test and it is fine, I shall shortly be ordering a second.
Halfords and and DECATHLAN do similar folding cycles for £150/£160 however they are both single gear models, the STOWABIKE has a 6 speed Derailleur!
The STOWABIKE is of reasonable quality, fit for purpose and certainly value for money.
I would highly recommend the STOWABIKE.

Stowabike Folding City Compact Bike - Silver