Colour Name: brown|Change
Price:£2.17+ Free shipping

on 31 May 2012
I bought this at the same time as the phone for my wife's birthday. She love's it and it looks really smart.

On receiving the phone, I had to insert the sim and battery and, in the process, broke two of the tiny lugs on the original phone battery cover/back. No problem! the flip cover is designed to replace the back anyway and, being manufactured by Samsung, is a perfect fit.

I had also been worried that the cover might impede holding the phone to the ear. Again, no problem as the front cover opens through 360°.

Superb quality and the phone and flip cover attract great admiration whenever produced. The colour is subtle and looks and feels very expensive.
on 9 February 2012
I'm a fan of journal style cases, I think they are perfect for touch screen devices and make access to them very quick and easy.
This particular one is very well made and designed. The rear cover attaches directly to the phablet by removing the original cover and clicks into place easily and sturdily. It increases the bulk of the unit by about 2 mm which is fine considering how slim the phablet is. This added bulk actually makes the device feel sturdier in the hand. The front is made of rigid eather which is beautifully embossed with the words GALAXY Note, just in case people don't recognise this device from the enormous size! There is a cut out at the top to allow for calling with the front cover closed, which works well and doesn't interfere with the call or volume. My only let down is the felt inner lining which tends to collect dust and dirt and fibres which are then deposited on the beautiful 5.3 inch screen. It also doesn't cover the metallic edges of the unit which some people have noted as negative, but doesn't particularly bother me.
Nothing really bad about it, but it would have been nice if there was an official Samsung Journal Case which incorporated a wallet like some other products available on here which seem to be of a little lower quality.
If you are looking for a smart looking, stylish, well built case then this is the one.
EDIT: since this review was written the inner lining of the front cover has started to peel and come loose at the edges. It also seems to be a runaway effect without any solution because I have superglued it back only for it to open in other areas. A real pity that better craftsmanship could have solved.
on 28 February 2012
I love the concept of this cover - using the battery cover as part of the cover really minimises bulk yet I know that lovely 5.3" screen is well protected.

Pros:
- ultra slimline case
- great protection for the screen without adding to the size of the phone
- the cover part folds out of the way quite easily (although it does feel sometimes like it's in the way still, especially when using the back camera).

Cons:
- Not brilliant build quality. I've had mine for about 5 weeks and the outside edge is just beginning to come apart and expose the board interior. I don't know how much longer it will last as it's exactly where I hold the phone about 75% of the time I use it.

Definitely worth buying, but a bit pricey for the quality
on 10 May 2012
This case initially gave me a worry as i did not know how to get it on tightly; it was loose around one or two edges (this was not helped by lack of instructions). However, with persistence, it fitted beautifully.

Aside from the above initial jitters, it is an extremely stylish and distinctive case. It is made from a hard wearing material, couldn't tell for sure whether it was leather. Time will tell, but so far, it's passing toughness tests. I have had it now for approaching 20 days and there is no sign of wear. I'm not gentle with my cases, they go in my bag with keys etc. My experience with the lizard case is positive so far, in contrast to my experience with the original flip case

It is also much thicker than the original samsung flip case, making it more protective for the screen and phone back as a result. Also, despite adding some bulk to the phone, it is not excessive like other book-style cases. cases, which began to fray around the sides quite quickly. There are no magnets within the case, which is an advantage above other cases. The inside of the case has a soft felt material (screen side) which protects the screen from scratches etc.

I am very pleased with my purchase. Quality seems in-line with price. One to recommend.
on 2 March 2012
The good: Perfect fit, protects the rear camera better than the stock cover and it's slim and stylish.
However, it will start to delaminate around the edges quickly. In my case, less than 2 months. That's totally unacceptable.
Avoid.
on 29 April 2012
If you have a Galaxy Note, you need a book-style flip cover. The whole design of the phone makes sense that way. I loved this cover - it replaces the back of the phone itself, and recesses the camera lens slightly, so there is more protection.

The front flip covers the screen nicely - not hugely protective, but still helpful. It also makes it look like a little electronic Moleskine diary, which I really liked. The big drawback is that the front edge of the cover, where it gets the most wear, has rubbed away in a little less than two months. The adhesive used is still sticky, and unpleasant against the fingers.

However much I like the cover itself, this is simply not acceptable - borderline unfit for purpose. I'll try and fix with a little adhesive, but I'm afraid this one is for the bin. Don't buy.
on 12 August 2012
Overall, I have to say that I really really like this case.

It acts like a "clamshell" with faux leather (real? ... I don't think it makes any difference in practice, but I'm afraid I really couldn't figure out) with the hinge on the left-hand side of the phone.

The back cover is an exact replacement for the original with the exception being that it has a very faint diagonal criss-cross texture to it - which I personally didn't like so much - and I preferred the original smooth back unit. I suppose though, you could argue that it gives it a little bit extra "great".

The front cover is an exact match in silhouette for the profile of the phone and the overall effect - I think - is that enhances the phone - as it barely increases in size and you continue to see the polished silver edging of the phone plan whilst maintaining easy access to the power button on the top right-hand border, the "S-pen" on the lower right border and headphone jack along the top edge.

Some aspects of the design continue to "draw the eye" - for instance the cut-outs for the phone lens and flash - and on the back / front covers for the phone "loudspeaker" and earpiece grilles - and the S-pen.

The inside of the screen cover has a soft texture to it which gives you the impression that you are really protecting your phone (screen).

Of course, there are some design glitches - such as the fact that you cannot (easily) access the volume button which lies on the hinge whilst left-hand side hinge design means that you have to develop a certain "style" when you're taking photos as the screen cover make things rather awkward. I suspect that they knew this when they designed it - but took a policy decision that cutting a hole in the front cover just below the earpiece cut-out (so that you could fold the front cover back on itself and still be able take a photograph through the hole) would just have made the case look ugly.

Similarly, the sleek design of this cover is going to offer very little by way of protection from drops and falls but is a very nice way of protecting the screen.

The low number of stars is because the soft covering on the inside face of the screen protector is starting to come away in the high wear area where you would naturally use your thumb to open the case (after only two months use).

My personal preference would have been a lower edge hinge design as this would have made the phone easier to hold as well as reducing the wear and tear on the edges of the cover which are clearly delicate.

I suspect that I'll be resorting to a bit of superglue in the near future.

I have to say that I did not encounter any of the problems experienced by some of the other reviewers in clipping the cover into place.

I hope this helps.
Its rare to get excited about something as basic as a phone case but this is one instance where I couldn't help myself. If you own a truly unique phone like the Galaxy Note, it deserves this case :-)

It is applied by first removing the original back battery cover on the phone. You then attach the rear of the case to the back of the phone (it clips on just like the original cover you removed). The case flips over to fully cover the screen providing very good screen protection.

Good things:

-The back cover now fully protects the camera lens. With the original cover the lens was flush and prone to scratching.
-The case adds around 1.5mm of additional bulk / thickness to the phone which is far less than I expected.
-With the flip case applied I find it much easier is hold and use the phone, which due to its size can sometimes be quite awkward.
-Still works with the official Samsung desktop dock.

Bad things:

-It does not offer 100% protection to the phone leaving the top. bottom and right side exposed. Its unlikely to prevent some damage if you drop the phone.

Not for everyone but I love it and therefore recommend.
on 9 January 2012
I wanted a case which didn't add any extra bulk but covered the screen, and this does the job. What comes in the box is basically a replicate of the back cover of the Note ready attached to the 'flip' part which goes over the screen - you remove the existing back of the phone (and store it somewhere safe) then replace it with this. It looks really sleek and still allows easy access to headphone jack, micro USB, s-pen & power buttons - the only irritation is that it doesn't have a closure mechanism of any kind so the 'flip' cover can flap around unchecked, rendering the screen protection element somewhat null & void if you put the Note in your handbag (as I do), for example. If you'll be putting the Note in your jacket pocket and then onto your desk all day then it's fine, but I have resorted to using a not-so-glam elastic band to hold the front shut when in transit.

Other reviewers have mentioned being able to use the 'flip' folded back as a sort of makeshift stand - on mine it folds back too easily and too flat to allow this, but the up side is that the cover folds comfortably away flush with the back of the Note when in use, meaning the flocked inside cover is against the palm of your hand if you're holding the device, which is much less slippery than the original back cover.

Edited: another downside is that in order to use the official Samsung note car dock you have to remove this cover entirely (although it folds right back I cannot get it to fit in the dock with it in situ). This is a bit of a faff because I now have to leave the original back cover of the Note in the car to replace this cover when I want to use sat nav etc. If you drive a lot and want to use the Note in the car regularly, this may not be the best case for you.

All in all a very professional looking cover - certainly the nicest looking & slimmest of those currently available, but not quite as protecting as I was hoping for.
on 11 March 2012
I bought this product in December 2011 (at nearly double the price it is now i might add.) I must admit it looks great but it offers minimal protection for my valued Note. More worryingly the outer edge of the cover, has started to deteriorate. I have since bought a gel case for my Note, not as slick but more robust and offers some 'drop' protection.