5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!
Published 7 months ago by Lorraine L.

3.0 out of 5 stars quite liked this book
I liked this book, the relationships in this book were really nice to read (m/m romance). I'm looking forward to the next one in the series.
Published 18 months ago by Koxer (uk)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Alaska, with Love (Assassin/Shifter Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book in the series and it's Josh's story. Josh is an assassin for the government and takes his job really seriously, unlike his women - one night stands for him! But he is lonely and wants something....On a mission, under mortifying and horrific circumstances, he meets the future love of his life. He knows immediately that his life will never be the same again! The author then takes us on a sensual emotional filled journey of how two people find love, that neither were expecting. I don't do spoilers but the "radio conversation" is Legionary and even now, thinking about it, brings a smile to my lips. I would love to know the author's thoughts when she was writing that scene! You could read this as a stand alone, but I strongly recommend that you read book 1 first, as the characters are in both books and it makes it so much more personal and enjoyable. The author has introduced the readers to a unique storyline - strong, macho, ex-military men, finding their husbands and then becoming alpha protective, but at the same time, being "mushy marshmallows" with sloppy words of love dripping from their mouths. I didn't find this soppy, on the contrary, I found it enhanced the enrichment of the book and made them human and so adorable to the reader. Truly worthy of 5 stars ( the radio conversation is a straight 5 stars for me alone) and highly, highly recommended. Books 3-10 are already on my TBR list!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Addicted to this series!, 12 Jan 2014
I loved and enjoyed everything about this book. The characters are loveable although they are dangerous men. The storyline is addictive and now I've been introduced to Dakota the Wolf I'm excited to find out more. The romance that grows between the characters is written beautifully and certainly pulls at your heart. I'm moving straight onto the next book!
Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars quite liked this book, 13 Feb 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Has This Book Been Written By a Different Author?, 20 Jan 2013
I'm sorry, but I don't know where the other two reviewers found the extra two stars. I'd read book one, A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter), and really enjoyed Mateo and Riley's story, where we're introduced to Josh and his prankish but lovable character, as well as all the other characters we'll be reading about in later books. Josh is a straight guy, amongst what seems like a lot of gay assassins (who'd have thought it? But we suspend our disbelief), but it never bothers him (good for him). It was pulled together really well, I thought. And I'd read the sneak peek of this book at the end of book one, thinking I'd love Josh's story. Imagine my surprise when it turned out not to be what I expected.

The story starts with Mark, a beautiful doctor, being sent to South America as part of the Doctors Without Borders team. He gets kidnapped by a very nasty man, who uses him as a sex toy and drug mule. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Josh, has been sent out to assassinate, said nasty man. They know there's an American there with him, but don't know who's side he's on.

When Josh has nasty guy in his (gun) sights, he spots Mark, naked and crying, so knows he definitely being held against his will, but suddenly feels unbidden desire for him. "Where did that come from?" Needless to say, they rescue Mark, kill the nasty man (come on, you KNEW that would happen!). Their relationship starts from that point.

Of course, Mark feels an 'instalove' for Josh immediately upon seeing him, even though he'd been raped on a daily basis by nasty man. But Josh is confused. Not for long, I can assure you. The love they feel for each other is helped by their friends back home - hello again to Mateo and Riley.

The Alaskan bit comes in when Josh goes out there to his little cabin to try and make sense of his feelings for Mark and for his 'conversion', as he was previously a ladies' man in every sense of the word. We meet the community there, who are all very supportive and loving, and very accepting of Josh's new found sexuality. And I won't tell you much more, as I'm spoiling it enough already. But I must tell you about Dakota, a wolf who has separated from his pack for some unknown reason, but has taken a shine to Josh. Dakota somehow seems 'smarter than your average wolf' when there's danger. I wonder why that is? I almost expected a 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' moment with the almost verbal warnings he was giving out. Can you see where this is going?

Anyway, I felt the book was hurried. It almost felt as though it was written first, then the author changed his/her mind. It felt like 'practise'.

However, it was an okay read. It won't stop me from buying the next in the series, but I was disappointed. I really did want to love it. I just hope book three is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 21 Dec 2012
Mrs. P. D. Bond "Petra Ford" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Everyone looks for different things in books, and indeed different things in different books but one thing I can not resist, much like in an ideal man, is an ability to make me laugh out loud and snort tea out of my nose. In that this book delivers without fail!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good sequel, 27 Aug 2012
I enjoyed the relationship of Josh and Mark. The sex was very romantic and exciting although it would have been nice to have a few of the sessions in various places instead of 90% at the cabin. Never the less they were all incredible. The wolfs coming to Mark in the woods reminded me of Twilight lol. I was hoping for some more action and I don't mean sex lol. Despite my few minor complaints I enjoyed the book very much and look forward to the next in the series.

Alaska, with Love (Assassin/Shifter Book 2)
2.44