5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series
Loving this series of books, very easy followed and after the first book I was hooked to the series. Highly recommend to anyone. Great read. :)
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Carries on the series well, although we do seem ...
Carries on the series well, although we do seem to be heading down a bit of a depressing route. At the rate they die it's a bit of a surprise any cosmic ones still exist.

Not sensational, but a perfectly pleasant undemanding read.
Published 2 months ago by Andrew J. Codling

3.0 out of 5 stars Carries on the series well, although we do seem ..., 11 July 2014
Andrew J. Codling "s_tarboy" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Diamond in my Heart (The Unaltered Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

Not sensational, but a perfectly pleasant undemanding read.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 30 Dec 2013
was an easy reading book would reccommend reading it hence why i bought all the book of this particular series

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 24 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 20 July 2013
I loved this book, sucked me in and cudnt put it down, highly recommend to those who enjoy fantasy books like twilight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Angell has tightened up her writing, 20 April 2013
While each novel is a stand-alone, they are part of a series and as such are best read in order.

Now we're talking. "A Diamond in my Heart" is a much tighter book than "A Diamond in my Pocket". Angell has cracked the code to the flow. Flowing demands a lot of an author and is probably not always a fun process. As with "A Diamond in my Pocket" I like the cover of "A Diamond in my Heart". I don't know if it was intentional, but the print in my copy was a little strange at times. It would change type and parts of it was highlighted.

Calli still has the shard of diamond lodged in her heart. That shard enables her to do things like read minds when she concentrates, read emotions, heal, run fast and hunt. For her abilities to blossom completely Calli will need to have the whole diamond lodged in her heart. I found that Callie had grown as a person. There is less angst and more acceptance of life as it is.

Calli's side-kick is Brand. Brand is a horny senior whose main goal in life seems to be to have sex with every girl on the planet - at least every girl he encounters. He is the quarterback so that should help. But you would think not all girls would fall for whatever lines he uses. Strangely enough they do and the other guys at school are not happy with. Calli doesn't get it and when she doesn't fall for Brand's lines they end up becoming friends. For some bizarre reason I loved him. I hope he turns up in the next novel as well.

Calli's mentor is Mathea (from A Diamond in my Pocket). Mathea helps Calli understand the responsibilities that come with being a diamond bearer. Turns out they are supposed to keep the world in balance. We get some background information on Mathea. She sure is one strange cookie.

Calli's enemy is Freedom. Freedom is a previous follower of Mathea who is now out to get Calli's diamond for himself. He is a diamond bearer but no longer a follower of Mathea's circle of diamond bearers. This is one seriously messed up dude. His sociopathic traits are fairly strong.

This time I thought the novel was too short. Angell kept me reading and her twists and take on her world was interesting. I like the fact that she has little or no previous experience with fantasy before writing these two novels. It doesn't show, but then fantasy is about so much more than the flashy stuff. For those of you who worry about anything explicit be it violence or sex you can safely read these two novels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 July 2014
Good author, good story, recommended