5.0 out of 5 stars WordPress To Go
Thank you Sarah McHarry - I can finally stop banging my head against the wall. Your book is well written, easy to understand and after struggling with WP and the technical jargon for weeks, I have in a few hours managed to master enough of it to put up my web site.
I would recommend this book for people new to WordPress and to setting up a website generally.
Published on 16 April 2012 by magi

3.0 out of 5 stars A great starter to Wordpress but........
First of all let me agree with most other reviewers and compliment Sarah on producing this well-written and easy to follow short book on WordPress. Like most novices, I'd read that WP is the flexible future if I wanted to produce my own website without going to Geekdom and back and needing to learn and write in code. Before buying her download, I'd spent fuddled days...
Published on 21 July 2012 by MeDo

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WordPress To Go: How To Build A WordPress Website On Your Own Domain, From..., 16 Oct 2013
Nice easy to read little book which is easy to carry and pull out on a journey or in a coffee bar. Written for people like me that know how to put up a web site but are bamboozled by the way Wordpress goes about things.

Great read and the book was delivered well before it was due.

Thanks a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow., 13 Oct 2013
For someone who has not designed a web page before, at last I had found an easy to follow guide that works through the tasks in an uncomplicated way. Clear instructions and diagrams to help you understand the stages you need to work through and how to get the best out of your design.

3.0 out of 5 stars a basic manual how to do, 16 Sep 2013
J. Connelly "juliec" (london uk) - See all my reviews
i have already created a blog and so therefore was really looking for a more advanced book but also wanted to make sure that I could do it again, this tells you from scratch how to build it how to get domain name and then design. i bought an expensie wordpress book from w h smith some time ago but it is hard to follow.
it tells you how to install word press but go daddy did all that for me . I'm now up to part two which should be useful as it is the technical issues that I want to understand more. installing widgets. I know how to do this but I am at a more advanced level and want to see how much I can learn. it is written in a very basic type and if you know nothing about wordpress this is worth getting.
i ould have done with this at the beginning but i just found out through trial and error. today i' going to go through the more advanced section.

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 12 Jan 2013
Gareth J. Hughes (Aberdare UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WordPress To Go - How To Build A WordPress Website On Your Own Domain, From Scratch, Even If You Are A Complete Beginner (Kindle Edition)
This kindle version is well out of date but it got me started, WordPress had moved on but like the Curate's egg it was good in parts. I still refer to it as it gives me some of the valuable info WordPress was built on. Look for an updated version is my advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly pitched for creating your first WordPress website, 22 Nov 2012
This was precisely the right book to get me up to speed with WordPress. Well written and short enough to read a second time - as Sarah suggests - but with all the info you need to create your first website. It also contains plenty of suggestions for useful widgets, plugins and of course further reading, which you will need at some point. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says, 18 Nov 2012
Does what it says on the tin and at this price it was a no brainer. Haven't got my new site up and running at the time of writing this but don't imagine it will be too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ronseal - does what it says on the tin and so does this!!!!, 17 July 2012
Great ebook! I am a complete beginner to Wordpress and needed something that would give me a primer to get me started. What I got was a treasure trove and a step by step guide to getting a website up running in next to no time! If you want to dip your toe into the Wordpress ocean this is the book to do it with. Clear explanations as to how to do things (and how not to!) with reasons as to why. I am now on the hunt for more books by this writer. Next step her website. I hope you find this review useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars WordPress To Go - How To Build A WP Website..., 25 Jun 2012
I tried to figure out WP on my own using their help topics and information and got completely frustrated. I wanted a short book to work through with a practical application in front of me and chose Sarah Mcharry's book. Clear concise and dead easy to follow; this gave me the confidence to go ahead and tackle my own site with WP.org Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to get started, 8 April 2012
As a complete newcomer to Wordpress but with a bit of experience of building web sites in HTML, I found this book was all I needed to make the transition quickly and painlessly. The author has struck just the right balance, explaining what you need to know to produce a useful working site without getting into too much complexity. I worked through the book in a few sessions of a couple of hours each, by the end of which I had a presentable site set up and the confidence to go a little way beyond what the book teaches, using resources found on the web. Recommended - worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really clear and simple, 17 July 2012
Melissa Addey "Melissa" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I need to build a website and was looking at 500-1000 for a professionally made one even though what I want is fairly simple. Got this thinking I'd just see if it made it simple to build your own and it's a GREAT read. Really simple clear instructions, has given me huge confidence, am going to have a good go at doing it myself! I'll report back in due course but I can tell just from the way it is written that it will be as easy as it can be made to be!

Quick update: it's even better than I thought, the hosts she recommends are brilliant and the software (with her guidance) is really easy to use. If I'd had all my images and text ready to use I'd have had a good attractive website up and running in under 3 hrs. I'm having fun tinkering and I'll come back and leave a link when it looks presentable! So far I've spent about 70 for this guide, the hosting package for 2 years, the domain name and some professional images I needed. Really, really good guide!

Update: [...] if anyone wants to have a look (I write historical novels so its my own person website). I think overall I paid 100 (images, hosting, the book itself, domain name etc) and I'm pleased with it. There are fancier ones you can build as well of course (and look out for ones tailored to special requirements like photographers) but it really is quite easy to use. If you get stuck, enter Wordpress, your theme and the problem into a search engine and there are lots of forums where people explain how to do something (easily!).

So overall, very impressed. Yes if you wanted something fancier of course you could have it built but this is a cheap and easy to use option for those wanting a simple site - and you feel pretty good for building your own site!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›