5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest game of its generation
I was really thinking hard about whether or not to get this game or not. Not having much money these days really limits me and I only chose the games which really stand out for me. I'm glad I chose this game over many others.

GRAPHICS

Amazing, detailed, bright, bold...there are many more adjectives I could use. The frame rate is good and the...
Published 16 months ago by Atlas

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Open World - Poor main game
This game follows the same basic format as Far Cry 2 but in a different location with some very good refinements in the game play.

The open world part of the game is excellent. There is a lot of world to discover, there are lots of good side games and missions and the world itself is well constructed and rendered.

The downside of the game is the...
Published 11 months ago by Martinf

5.0 out of 5 stars top marks, 1 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
when i heard about three months ago that far cry3 was coming out i could'nt count down the days quick enough waiting to play it i've played one & two which are good but this one is in a class of it's own "SUPURB" and that's under selling it.Lets start with the graphics one word "MINT" game play brilliant.Puts most fps to shame.A absolute must have for xmas.can't praise this game enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting more. Buy 2nd hand if you must play it!, 10 Jan 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The base graphics engine is a work of art and its a crying shame they don't license out their IP to other gaming companies for use in other games! I still love and still play Far Cy 2 on Xbox & PC, especially online with the PC version. But after several years of waiting for FR3-- this is it?!!!

I loved the Far Cry 2 Dunia engine, it was so naturally beautiful. Unfortunately I see very little new with this Dunia 2 release! It prompts me to ask what took them so long? This is like a half baked rushed follow-up the next year, not a complete release!

The plot isn't captivating enough to keep your attention, and I wish they had changed the map theatre to snow now, as they had once planned. I have some simple but powerful suggestions that would be easy to implement for future versions, should I ever be lucky enough to meet the team in Montreal.... T Such a shame, such a shame. But good for me as I embark on a career in Video Game Design. It gives me confidence that I might have something better to bring to the table...

Can't believe Call of Duty Black Ops II, Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution were all so lame! Will GTA V bring any new surprises I wonder...?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Games for Christmas, 24 Dec 2012
Both the above are Christmas Presents for my Grandchildren. Not yet used, so cannot offer fair review, at this point in time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Game of the year? Meh, not really, 16 Dec 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Seriously, this game is great and all but I don't see why everyone thinks it's 'The best game ever!!' The story was good, the multiplayer isn't too exciting (it's just like every other FPS) and the level editor wasn't what I thought it would be, looks like a cheap knock off of SuckerPunch's inFAMOUS 2 level editor.
Overall its a great game and I seriously recommend buying it but it's not brilliant like everyone says. Oh well we're all entitled to our own opinions!

2.0 out of 5 stars Farycry 3 lost in development!, 17 Dec 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Purchased this game as it's the first of the Farcry series I have ever played.

Single player is the better half of this game, and is clearly where a lot of the development time went. While the single player is good it is an obvious skyrim clone. Running around a gorgeous island discovering loot and taking out bad guys with a wide variety of weapons is a lot of fun.

Multiplayer is terrible and is clearly another call of duty clone. All the multiplayer has to offer is endless frustration with rubbish gunplay and more lag than any other game I have played. MP is so bad in fact that so few people are playing it, it's hard to join a match and often leaves you sat at a lobby waiting to join a game for ages.

In conclusion, this is yet another game that is only half finished and has been designed by somebody who clearly doesn't play their product and clearly has no pride in what they release. While the single player does slightly redeem this game, it does so by trying to copy the success of other games. My advice would be to avoid this game until it's price drops or better still save you money.

ARRAY(0xf82b9e4)

Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (PS3)
36.99