on 28 August 2012
Bought this to use with my ruark R4i and it has not dissappointed.The sound great.I was not really sure what to buy and went for this after reading about it in what hi fi.It is a good price good size and you can hook it up to your pc and record on to your music library or i-tunes.Glad i got it would recomend it.
on 16 September 2012
This pre-amp beauty is relatively cheap and small, but it works like a dream with my RP3 turntable. Hooked it up to a Cyrus amp and monitor audio silver speakers and wow! I hadn't heard vinyl for years, but the sound is open at the top with heavy pounding bass at the bottom. Impressed!
on 4 January 2015
I got a actual vinyl album for Christmas and all excited I put it on the Linn only to find that the ageing and unreliable Exposure X I'd been using for its phono stage had packed up completely. So I bought this on the basis of its name (Rega), it's price (cheap) and the reviews, here and elsewhere (ecstatic).

I have not been disappointed. In its day, the Exposure X was a really nice amplifier so I was worried that this phono pre-amp wouldn't be up to the same quality and I was quite prepared to accept some harshness and lack of clarity. After all, how can something costing £85 possibly compete with an amp that cost £500 25 years ago?

It turned out that there was no competition. The Rega beats the old Exposure phono stage hands down. It has a clarity and depth which are breathtaking. Studio Masters (96kHz/25 bit) from the likes of Qobuz still have the edge for sheer quality, but nothing else does.
on 1 January 2014
Bought this for my hubby on his recommendation. His system, which is a NAIM amplifier, NAIM CD player and Project Debut carbon turntable is the better for it. This helps to enhance what is already there.

To be honest, I don't know enough about hifi to make any informed judgement but he says it works very well and thats whats important.
on 16 February 2014
Connected Rega Planer 2 to Mac. Downloaded Audacity music editing software and hey presto I can record Vinyl onto computer! Small compact little device that won't clog up your desk. Sound quality is good. Downside is the hours you have to spend cleaning up the scratches in the recording from your records in Audacity software... but that's got nothing to do with the device, just how well you've kept your vinyl.
on 16 July 2014
I have not yet used the A2D function but it seems a very competent MM pre-amp seemingly on a par with the phono section of my Linn Kairn pre-amp (i.e. pretty good sound quality).
It is a slightly odd looking device (no obvious back or front) and the exposed screw-heads had lost their black paint somehow, giving it a 'secondhand' appearence but it was presumably designed not be seen, just heard, which is OK by me.
on 14 March 2013
Great product, the genral reveiws proved spot on, good value for money. Really pleased and I would recommend to anyone
on 13 January 2016
Superb little phono pre-amp. Connected to a Fatman Blu cheapy valve amp and it all sounds amazing. Linn deck through these amps to ProAC speakers, amazing quality. Also ripped some of my vinyl to FLAC files, was so easy to do. Great little buy and I would recommend this pre-amp and Fatman Blu to any audiophiles on a budget.
on 3 February 2014
Great wee amp. Using it with my 35 year old REGA PLANAR deck, nice to listen to my old albums again.
on 26 July 2014
This is very simple, easy to setup and sounds great.
The small size means you can hide it away on the hifi rack.
Haven't used the usb connection yet so can't comment on that.
The sound is really good for the price you pay, this is a bargain.