5.0 out of 5 stars Zoot!, 23 Feb 2010
Mr. S. P. Thompson "SteveT" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It Should've Been Me (Audio CD)
I saw Zoot and the BRB live back in '65. No I didn't, I EXPERIENCED Zoot Money and his band live and even now I can remember it as one of the best live shows I have ever seen.
I bought this album back then and lost it when my brother took it when he got married so when you get to this funny age(that I am) when you try to recapture those good times I was sooooo pleased not to be disappointed by hearing this album again.With bonus tracks too!
Never mind how good Zoot was at the Hammond, forget Andy Summers...and the other guys in the band, collectively they were brilliant. Zoot is one of the few people who can cover James Brown songs convincingly, (listen to his James Brown medley on the album 'Zoot!') and he does 'The Cat' every bit as good as Jimmy Smith. So many great tracks...for years I used to sing some of the lyrics from 'My wife can't cook'to the missus if we had a duff dinner....She was REALLY pleased to hear that track again..
Best tracks, aforementioned 'My wife can't cook', 'Back door blues' and...nah...they're all great.
We could do with a modern day Zoot Money to show what REAL R&B is......

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 7 July 2014
This review is from: It Should've Been Me (Audio CD)
Item as described. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memories, 14 May 2014
This review is from: It Should've Been Me (Digitally Remastered Version) (MP3 Download)
This album takes me back to the good old days of the Downstairs Club in Bournemouth when Zoot had a band called the Blackhawks. This evolved into the Big Roll Band that we hear here. Great band, great sounds great leadman, and it is still valid today. This really brought it on home to me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alltime great Album! Real R&B, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: It Should've Been Me (Audio CD)
The title track is my favourite but they are all good songs or instrumentals. Zoot`s version of the Cat by lalo Shifrin is excellent.
I saw Zoot in the 1960`s two or three times and this reinforces my admiration of his music. A young Andy Summers (Police Guitarist
is on the Album Cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good time music, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: It Should've Been Me (Audio CD)
Excellent CD well packaged, brings back memories of the good days. Recommend to any one that like this style or Zoot Money