5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book
I bought this book because I was interested in mindfulness but didn't want to get bogged down in something long difficult and expensive.

This book is really good (I think).

Its certainly better than two others I have subsequently bought. One approaches mindfulness as if you had particular problems - which I didn;t relate to - to solve. The other was...
Published 20 months ago by chazza

3.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point in discovering mindfulness
As far as overviews into mindfulness go, this book does well. It is clear and concise in its delivery making the text readable and accessible for all, not just academics.

Doyle has broken down the subject of mindfulness into bite-size, manageable topics making it easy to take in the information provided. The sub-sections in which these topics are placed provide...
Published 12 months ago by Lotte Mason

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Preachy!, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
Was interesting at first but he really started to feel as though I was being brainwashed. A good introduction to the concept.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very helpful, 30 May 2013
Moose Papoose (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
I am new to mindfulness. There was an incident last summer in which my son and another boy were put in great danger by two adults running a camping trip. (Their tent in which they were sleeping, was set of fire). No-one apologised or explained afterwards and when I demanded answers, I was verbally attacked. This troubled me so much. I had endless negative chatter for months and months circulating in my head.

I read Oli Doyle's book and put mindfulness into action. It was like a super mind cleanse, purging the negativity and hurt. I've been able to move on and am restored with the creative energy I used to possess. Thank you Oli.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful., 24 May 2013
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
This is a very informative book. I found it very useful. It was recommended to me by my doctor. A good reed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindfulness Plain and Simple - give it a go..., 13 May 2013
Excellent service by the seller quick delivery.

I am very interested in this topic and I have purchased several books on this topic, also buddhism, psychology, health, happiness, wellbeing, etc and i think this is one of the straight forward no nonsense approaches that I personally think is helpful to the reader. I am also very interested in NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programming - and generally the way the mind works and ways to improve oneself and train ones mind to have a better understanding and awareness of ourselves, the world and the environment around us. The reason I mention this is that I feel this book helps to contribute to that learning so if this is the type of topic you are interested in then I recommend giving this a go. It's a short book in comparison to many and it's a good price and a very interesting and thought provoking read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot of books on meditation, Buddhism and mindfulness and this has to be one of the best. It is written well with good examples and explains fully how to be more mindful through life every day. I would love to meet the author as he comes across as patient and an excellent teacher. Brilliant.

2.0 out of 5 stars BORING, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
It is hard to get into this book and you feel that the writer is no more enlightened than the reader. I am sure Oli means very well and he sure sells a lot of copies but it is a disappointing read. I cannot get beyond the first chapter. His writing style does not engage me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bland, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
Have to say not for me. Found it a boring read and not at all inspirational. Have read other books on mindfulness which have been a lot more interesting and practical.

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy read., 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
Overall I was a bit disappointed with this book although it did explain the subject quite well.Just didn't personally grab my attention .

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book - but has pages missing, 9 Aug 2013
The book itself is quite good, straight forward with some great mindfulness exercises to try. It is just a shame that pages 47 and 48 are missing in the book. Another person I know also had a copy with the same pages missing. Someone needs to fire their proof-reader!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Mindfulness Plain & Simple (Kindle Edition)
I found this book quite easy to read although it was a bit confusing to start with - persevere with it. At the end there are loads of really easy to follow and simple exercises to try. I downloaded it to my kindle - took 2 seconds! Well worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›