5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

I purchased Slim in 6 when I was 5 weeks away from going on a cruise. Yes, that means I have 1 week less than needed to complete the DVD's but I have been going to the gym for over 2 years so I didn't think I was starting right at the beginning like some would.

First of all buying it...
Published on 26 Aug. 2012 by Seely

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain
I consider myself to be fairly fit (i work out at home 5 days a week and go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week) so when somebody bought me this as a gift I put it on a shelf and forgot about it.

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Published 13 months ago by Tracey D. Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!, 26 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Slim in 6 Workout DVD Programme: Six Week Slim Training Body Reshaping Workout DVD Programme (Sports)
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

First of all buying it through Amazon meant it was a little more expensive than through the Beachbody website but being in the UK I was worried about some reviews saying the DVD's didn't work on a Region 2 DVD player and I felt safer buying it through Amazon.co.uk where I knew if there were any problems they would be sorted. I also paid for next day delivery. It has been fantastic, from the text to tell me my parcel would arrive in the next hour to my ringing and nagging my husband to try them in our DVD player to make sure they did, No problems at all on that worry. I got home, put on my bikini and took my degrading photo (never looking like that again, EVER) I measured myself, weighed myself and got to it!

I spent one week doing the first DVD and then due to my timescale restraints and holiday looming closer I started the 2nd DVD. In 2 years at the gym I have never sweated so much, but strangely I enjoyed it, I felt I was getting stronger every day and by the end of the 2nd week doing the 2nd DVD (3 weeks of work outs in total) I knew it was getting easier, I didn't sweat as much and wasn't as out of breath. Two days ago I started the 3rd DVD and I get on my cruise ship in less than 2 weeks. I thought 'Oh my god why have I paid about £70+ to be tortured' but you know what, I lived through it and feel so much better for it. If it isn't challenging then it wouldn't be working and it is.

After 3 weeks I am over 9lb lighter but I'm tempted to throw away the scales because I will never be in the correct BMI range, I'd have to lose a limb first! I feel great, my clothes are bigger and it's the inches that count most. I've followed weight watchers for over 10 years and I am only 35 years old, that's a lot of points counting! and now I don't have to worry, as long as I set aside one hour a day 6 days a week I will look and feel amazing, I'm even taking my resistance bands on the cruise with me!! They are fabulous and so are my biceps and triceps!

When I get back I will start the process again and will definitely buy more of the slim series DVD's. I see it as a way of life and once I get to where I want to be then I can reduce the workouts to 3-4 days per week rather than 6 and cancel that expensive gym membership. The Slim in 6 DVD cost me less than 2 months gym membership and the results are better than I got in 2 years and I did aerobics and swam a mile at least 3 times per week.

Don't hesitate, buy this DVD through Amazon. Go to it and get slim in 6! And also look and feel FABULOUS. I'm off to do a workout now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those who need gentle introduction back into regular ..., 12 Jun. 2015
S. WONG "book worm" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Perfect for those who need gentle introduction back into regular exercise!

For most of my adult years even after have 6 children, been lucky that I did always go back to a size uk8 until I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39 four years ago. Don't know if it was the Chemo therapy or my mums cooking....but put on 2 stones within 6 months and until recently no matter what I did I could shift that extra weight until I knuckled down with Slim in 6.
I had first purchased Insanity, T25 and Hip Hop Abs......but after a few days into each, still couldn't get the hang of the movements as I couldn't feel my muscles engage. There was sweat.....buckets of sweat - just didn't feel that I knew what my body was expected to do. So after a few days - the dread set in as my body feared the energy required to do those high octane programs so packed away those discs.
Then saw Slim in 6, looked a bit more slower paced and more doable for my body and mind condition.
First workout was brilliant.....easy to understand and gentle enough to keep on doing. Did Start it up for 3 weeks instead of the recommended 2 weeks just so that I knew my body was prepared for the next workout. Not much weight loss.....but I did over the weeks feel my muscles returning.
Bought a shake drink to help with weight loss.....not their shakes as that was silly price, but Ultra Lean diet fuel (Vanilla + 2 teaspoons of coffee powder) cheap and cheerful.
After 3 weeks, did Ramp it up again for 3 weeks along with the other quick extra workouts provided.....I could start feeling and most importantly seeing the results! It was like....Oooooo I can feel my muscles getting stronger - ah there is the elusive oblique muscles that the other workouts were talking about in T25 or Hip Hop Abs.
I am now and have been on Burn it Up for 2 weeks and will continue along with the quick extra workouts.....Don't get me wrong - it is a tough program to be dedicated to, but I am now nearly a size 10, haven't lost a huge amount of weight but I have lost a massive amount of body mass.
My doctor thinks its due to me converting my weight mostly into muscle.....so have done away with the scales and rely on my measurements.
So 6 inches off my waist and 2 inches from each thigh....
My next plan is after another month or so - take out T25 and insanity and give those another chance....at least now I now what Sean is talking about and how to have the correct muscle engagement.
Thanks Debbie!

5.0 out of 5 stars This works....get it!, 4 Oct. 2014
This has got to be my longest review ever, but that's because I know this works and I found some of the other reviews helpful before taking the plunge and parting with £67 of my hard earned cash :).

I have just finished the ramp it up DVD (4 weeks into the programme) and about to start burn it up tomorrow and feel confident to write a review at this early stage.

I am in my mid 40's and haven't been in a gym in nearly 20 years. My job involves lots of driving so I get very little opportunity to exercise and after years of yo-yo dieting and slowly piling on the pounds I decided to do something different before my waist size expands to my age! I do the DVDs 6 days a week and also take it away with me when I am away with work so no excuses for 'not having time' anymore.

I made a note of my measurements and weight and even took my selfie! I can honestly say that due to my lack of fitness, I found Start it up difficult from day 1, but persevered and just as I started getting used to it and even enjoying it, I moved onto Ramp It Up 2 weeks later. Found Ramp it Up was v tough at first and I could barely keep up, but after about 6 days or so, I noticed that while it is still hard work, I wasn't completely drenched in my own sweat and panting after the 1st 10 mins. Needless to say I am now definitely fitter than I've been in a long time and while I have a way to go, I haven't felt better.

I am a high street size 14 and was creeping into a 16 and my clothes didn't quite fit right, even when wearing support underwear. I tried on a dress I bought this year but not worn due to it clinging in all the wrong places and it literally slipped on with no need for any big knickers either. Happy days! PLUS just a couple of days ago my colleagues at work commented on how much slimmer I look (totally uninvited I hasten to ask). So, I decided to measure myself again and within only 4 weeks of starting to exercise I have lost 4 inchs off my waist and my stomach is starting to look flatter and toned. I will measure myself properly at the end of 6 weeks for a true before and after picture. Meanwhile, my jeans are a lot looser every where and I actually feel slimmer and more confident. I haven't followed the eating plan, I simply eat what I want but in moderation and apply common sense. So if I have a 2 course meal on Saturday, I simply watch my calorie intake the next day and aim to stay within 1500 to 1800 calories on a daily basis while watching the fat and sugar content

The moral of the story is exercise works. It's only 1 hour a day and you can do it anywhere and anytime of the day with no more excuses so BUY IT. Move around more for an hour each day and see the changes before your very eyes. It works and is worth every penny. Debbie Siebers is great. She has a lovely encouraging way about her, and you don't need loads of room or special clothes to exercise in the comfort of your own 4 walls. Can't wait to start Burn it up tomorrow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!!!, 21 July 2014
Absolutely loving this,am going at my own pace so done the first dvd for 3 weeks & now on 2nd week of the 2nd dvd which is much faster & longer but already I can see the difference & so far have shifted 18" in total including waist thighs arms bust knees etc.I also feel I'm getting stronger each time I work out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A super programme., 24 Mar. 2015
This works! Used it last year and while I only did the workouts 3 or 4 times in the week, I lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks and for the first time since I was 19, had the outline of my abs back! Am about to do it again for my May holidays.. A super programme.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth trying!, 28 Sept. 2014
I like to exercise but I'm by no means super fit. For the past year I've been using David Haye's 'Box and Tone' about once or twice a week (which I think is excellent) but stumbled across this on the Teleshopping channels and wanted to try it out. For my age and height, my BMI is within the normal range and I don't really need to lose weight. However, I want to maintain and improve my fitness level if possible, as well as have variety in my workouts. I also do Zumba once a week.

The exercises are simple to do and look really easy, but aren't so when you get into them due to the high repetitions. I found 'Start It Up' pretty easy for my fitness level and was ready to progress to 'Ramp It Up' after the first 2 weeks. I found this a lot harder and actually did it for 3 weeks instead of the recommended 2. Then, moving onto 'Burn It Up' I thought, "I'll never get the hang of this!", but I persevered and found I was almost able to keep up with Debbie and her crew by the end of it.

I also struggled with the '6-Pack' workout at first. Debbie recommends that you do this at least 3 times per week. I've aimed for more than that and my abdominals are much stronger and I find it easier to do each time.

Halfway through 'Ramp It Up' I weighed myself and was disappointed to find that I'd gained about 6lbs. However, I expect this could be due to my muscles getting stronger. I've just finished 'Burn It Up' this weekend and couldn't believe that I'd lost that 6lbs. I don't follow the eating guide. I just eat healthily anyway. But this is fine as I bought the workout mainly to tone up and improve my fitness, not to lose weight.

I'm not a fitness expert but for beginners, I would personally recommend that you begin with 'Start It Up' and rather than doing it for 2 weeks - keep doing 'Start It Up' until you feel you can follow it easily, then move onto 'Ramp It Up' and so on.

I've given it 4 stars because the repetitions in the moves at times were slightly out of sync (probably due to editing). This is a little irritating but not a serious issue. The music also isn't really in time with the moves, but that's okay because the bonus with these DVDs is that you have the option of having the music on or off, which is handy. Then you can put a CD on if you want and workout to your own music.

The price seems a little excessive but I suppose you would normally pay around £15 for 3 separate DVDs, plus you get the resistance bands and added extras so I think it's good value.

A word of warning: The infomercial on TV shows 'Slim and 6 Pack', 'Slim and Limber' and 'Cardio Core' as 3 separate DVDs. This is misleading because 'Slim and 6 Pack' and 'Slim and Limber' are included (and repeated) on the 3 main DVDs. 'Cardio Core' is found on 'Start It Up'. The Infomercial states that if you're not 100% satisfied, you can have a refund - but can keep 'Cardio Core' and the resistance bands. You CAN'T keep 'Cardio Core' because it's not a separate DVD. I was told this when I contacted Beachbody.

Also, please read the smallprint for the success stories. They all lost weight after doing a certain number of rounds. You're unlikely to slim down dramatically after the first 6 weeks. That said, I didn't expect to lose any weight and I don't feel thinner but some people have commented that I look slimmer than I did a few weeks ago.

Luckily, I'm very happy with the product and don't want a refund.

Also, as mentioned in previous reviews from other customers, the workouts are actually longer than stated in the infomercial. They say 'Start It Up' is about 30 minutes - It's actually just over 33 minutes. 'Ramp It Up' is just over 55 minutes - not 45 minutes, and 'Burn It Up' is about 1 hour 2 minutes - NOT under an hour as stated. But this is because the infomercial refers to the actual workout. On the DVDs themselves, there is a clock on the right-hand side of the screen which counts down and this includes the warm-ups and stretching (cool down) at the end. Don't skip these. The warm-up and cool-down are important in every exercise routine!

One final word - I've only followed 'Slim and Limber' once or twice. I do my own yoga routine for around an hour, about 2-3 times per week. However, I really recommend it for anyone who is new to yoga. Stretching is a very important part of the workout as it maintains and helps increase flexibility and minimises risk of injury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying it, 30 Jan. 2015
Hard to get into after years of doing nothing!! Not quite sticking to the every day programme but like everything else you need to build it into your lifestyle. After the first few days it gets easier and more enjoyable. Sticking with it, but slim in 6 weeks is not an option for me, but slimmer and fitter is an overall goal I am working to and this is helping me achieve that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, great, wish I'd bought it earlier, 11 May 2015
Absolutely fantastic. I needed something to motivate me and this has done the trick. It's great the way you are encouraged to keep going every step of the way. You are shown how 'not to do it' as well as 'how to do it'. As you go through the disks Debbie gets more bossy which is what you need. Throughly recommend - disks work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think Burn It Up ever got easy, but you could feel it working, 5 May 2015
J. Vaide "jim-man" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is brought to you by a lazy man in his early to mid forties who cycles a mile or two to work each day but rarely lifts a finger otherwise. I was about a stone and a half overweight when I started.

I did all three DVDs wholeheartedly for the full six weeks (with one day off a week). I also ate a healthy and light breakfast and lunch. I have two children, so supper was whatever - but I did try and keep it to reasonable portions. I also didn't happen to drink any alcohol during the six weeks.

Start It Up: I was exhausted at the end of my first go, which is par for the course if you do as little exercise as me. It's certainly a decent introduction, and you might find you lose a bunch of weight in the first two weeks. Don't be discouraged if you don't - it seems to vary from person to person. My wife lost half a stone, whereas I didn't see any weight loss until the fourth week. The DVD is 25 minutes long. After a few days, the exercises seem to become a lot easier. This is very motivating as you know it's working.

Ramp It Up:This is double the length at 50 minutes or so. The intensity is immediately increased - everything is done noticeably faster and with fewer rests. Once again, I was dying after the first session, but it got easier as time went on.

Burn It Up: This is over an hour long, and after the first session, you do wonder how you're going to make it. Whereas Ramp It Up was big on crunches, Burn It Up loves lunges. There is a countdown clock on the bottom right corner of the screen. I found it immensely helpful to cover it up so I couldn't tell how much longer there was to go, because you can think you've been going for half an hour and then the clock tells you it's only been ten minutes. I found that disheartening, so I don't look at it at all now.

I don't think Burn It Up ever got easy, but you could feel it working. The last couple of crunch exercises were agony - I had to stop the first couple of times. I can just about do them now - albeit with pain, but manageable pain. Once again, you can measure how fit you're getting.

Don't be afraid to pause the DVD if you want to drink water. There are breaks on the DVD, but I found I needed to drink a lot more often than the demonstrators. When I started Burn It Up, I was drinking at least two pints of water during the routine. By the end, it was just over a pint, I probably should have been drinking more, but I wasn't sweating as much - must be getting fitter!

So to results. I didn't measure myself beforehand because I wanted to judge my results by how I looked. I did weight myself though. After six weeks, I'd lost nineteen pounds. I'm also a lot thinner than I was, and my muscles are a lot more toned. They're not bulkier as such as this isn't the routine for that kind of thing - if you want muscles, you really need free weights as opposed to resistance bands (from what I can gather).

I found Debbie to be an excellent instructor - as other commentators have said, she didn't annoy me at all. Her instructions were clear and concise. You may find you have to rewind the DVD a couple of times when you start Burn It Up as a few of the kicking exercises are a bit tricky to pick up instantly - you'll see what I mean when you watch them. You can pick them up fairly quickly though.

All in all, I'd recommend this DVD highly. It isn't a magic cure for fat - you will get out of it exactly what you put in. There were definitely a few times when I didn't want to exercise, but I made myself - whereas I wouldn't have in the past. It really depends on whether you've told yourself that enough is enough and you really mean it. You need to eat healthily for maximum results. The occasional pig out won't kill you, but you might find you don't want to once you've noticed you're fitting into old clothes that you couldn't before.

One of the general pieces of advice is not to exercise until at least three hours after eating a meal. This proved annoying as if I ate with the children in the evening, I couldn't realistically start exercising until at least 10pm. That said, the one occasion I didn't leave it for three hours was enough to persuade me not to do it again! A decent snack around suppertime will keep you going until you can start exercising, and your digestion system works a lot better after exercise. It's down to you how you fit in the time to exercise - but as I said, it's not a magic cure and effort is required. However, it's effort within your own home as there's no trekking out to the gym required.

So after six weeks, I'm a lot healthier and a lot thinner - I have cheekbones! I put in the effort (but no more than anyone else would be able to) and I got the results. It's down to you what you'll achieve, but I'm extremely happy with the results after six weeks, and I've had a few nice comments as well - much better to have my ego fed than my stomach! Good luck if you decide to try it - but again, please give it your best shot for best results, and that's only something you yourself can decide to do.

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain, 4 July 2014

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Then, following a nasty virus that saw me doing no exercise at all I felt I needed something to ease me back into exercise, I took it off the shelf.

I immediately realised that my preconceived idea that it was easy was completely wrong. This work out is a good, all over work out. But it isn't easy.

In order to explain what I consider is good and bad about this work out I'm going to express my views in a pros and cons format.

Pros

Debbie is a great motivator. Particularly if you are a woman of a particular age. She is an incentive in herself. She embodies all that is good about the work out. I am over 40 (46 in fact) so I see Debbie as a great role model. She is sweet and ingenious and makes you want to work. She looks fantastic but is totally self effacing.

This work out works every part of your body, core, arms, legs, butt, hips and thighs.

It is easy to follow and Debbie's instruction ensures you keep good form.

Each move is well explained.

And I can't say it enough... Debbie looks great and is a great advertisement for the effectiveness of this plan.

Cons

The music appears to have been added after. I personally need music to motivate me. This music doesn't and worse than that it doesn't always go with the moves.

Variety - basically there isn't any. The plan is that you follow each work out every day. There are three levels and if you progress to the plan you do level 1 for 2 weeks, level 2 for 2 weeks and level 3 for 2 weeks and every day is the same.

To put this in to context let us look at another very popular Beachbody work out. Insanity. In week 1 you have the following-Plyo cardio circuit Cardio power and resistance Cardio recovery Pure cardio And a fitness test....

In week 1!!!!

Not that I am suggesting you do Insanity instead, but if you want variety and are likely to get bored, well this might not be the work out for you.

Now let us turn to the promises and or hype of the infomercials.

Slim in 6 - have you noticed that the people who have achieved results have done 3 or 4 or even more rounds of the 6 week plan?

Ok so nobody should expect results over night, but isn't it misleading to call it slim in 6 if you actually should expect results in 36 weeks?

My final observation of the work out and the infomercials is this (and it's key). The infomercial says you can get slim in 6 by working out, on average, 40 minutes a day!! This is so far from the truth that I have to point it out. Because how much time do you have?

So let's break it down, how much time is really needed?

For 'start it up' you should follow this work out 6 days a week for 2 weeks-

Main work out is 34 minutes 6 days a week. Plus they recommend you also do slim in 6 pack and slim and limber. The recommendation is that you do the former once a week and the latter EVERY day in week 1 and at least 3 times a week there after.

Slim in 6 pack is 14 minutes Slim & limber is 15 minutes

Ramp it up (weeks 3 & 4) is over 55 minutes. Add to that slim in 6 pack and slim & limber, again about 15 minutes a piece.

Burn it up (weeks 5 & 6) is 62 minutes.

Whoever did the maths can't do maths! By my reckoning week 1 and 2 does require 49 minutes a day, that is if you worked out for 7 days; which you don't as it is condensed to 6 days. In reality you need to do 1 hour a day in week 1 alone and the time each day increases as the program progresses.

To summarise if you want to get slim in 6 weeks this is unlikely to work unless you only have a few pounds to lose and more than an hour a day to spare. In reality you will need to do this work out for about 36 weeks. You also need to be prepared to spend an hour a day, 6 days a week and if you need variety? Forget this now as it is very repetitive.