5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

I purchased Slim in 6 when I was 5 weeks away from going on a cruise. Yes, that means I have 1 week less than needed to complete the DVD's but I have been going to the gym for over 2 years so I didn't think I was starting right at the beginning like some would.

First of all buying it...
Published 23 months ago by Seely

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain
I consider myself to be fairly fit (i work out at home 5 days a week and go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week) so when somebody bought me this as a gift I put it on a shelf and forgot about it.

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Published 24 days ago by Tracey D. Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Slim in 6 Workout DVD Programme: Six Week Slim Training Body Reshaping Workout DVD Programme (Sports)
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

First of all buying it through Amazon meant it was a little more expensive than through the Beachbody website but being in the UK I was worried about some reviews saying the DVD's didn't work on a Region 2 DVD player and I felt safer buying it through Amazon.co.uk where I knew if there were any problems they would be sorted. I also paid for next day delivery. It has been fantastic, from the text to tell me my parcel would arrive in the next hour to my ringing and nagging my husband to try them in our DVD player to make sure they did, No problems at all on that worry. I got home, put on my bikini and took my degrading photo (never looking like that again, EVER) I measured myself, weighed myself and got to it!

I spent one week doing the first DVD and then due to my timescale restraints and holiday looming closer I started the 2nd DVD. In 2 years at the gym I have never sweated so much, but strangely I enjoyed it, I felt I was getting stronger every day and by the end of the 2nd week doing the 2nd DVD (3 weeks of work outs in total) I knew it was getting easier, I didn't sweat as much and wasn't as out of breath. Two days ago I started the 3rd DVD and I get on my cruise ship in less than 2 weeks. I thought 'Oh my god why have I paid about £70+ to be tortured' but you know what, I lived through it and feel so much better for it. If it isn't challenging then it wouldn't be working and it is.

After 3 weeks I am over 9lb lighter but I'm tempted to throw away the scales because I will never be in the correct BMI range, I'd have to lose a limb first! I feel great, my clothes are bigger and it's the inches that count most. I've followed weight watchers for over 10 years and I am only 35 years old, that's a lot of points counting! and now I don't have to worry, as long as I set aside one hour a day 6 days a week I will look and feel amazing, I'm even taking my resistance bands on the cruise with me!! They are fabulous and so are my biceps and triceps!

When I get back I will start the process again and will definitely buy more of the slim series DVD's. I see it as a way of life and once I get to where I want to be then I can reduce the workouts to 3-4 days per week rather than 6 and cancel that expensive gym membership. The Slim in 6 DVD cost me less than 2 months gym membership and the results are better than I got in 2 years and I did aerobics and swam a mile at least 3 times per week.

Don't hesitate, buy this DVD through Amazon. Go to it and get slim in 6! And also look and feel FABULOUS. I'm off to do a workout now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! I am slim and fit! Every home should have this!, 28 May 2014
This is such a good set of workouts. My whole family has used them this year and we are all delighted with the results - and the compliments! We look younger, flabby chins and tums completely gone, we have more energy, more strength - and fewer visits to the physio/GP as a result! Clothes fit, eyes sparkle and we feel great!

The course lasts 6 weeks, comprising 2 weeks doing each disc. The routines are fun and effective and you can go as fast or slowly as you like. Better than any diet!

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain, 4 July 2014

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Then, following a nasty virus that saw me doing no exercise at all I felt I needed something to ease me back into exercise, I took it off the shelf.

I immediately realised that my preconceived idea that it was easy was completely wrong. This work out is a good, all over work out. But it isn't easy.

In order to explain what I consider is good and bad about this work out I'm going to express my views in a pros and cons format.

Pros

Debbie is a great motivator. Particularly if you are a woman of a particular age. She is an incentive in herself. She embodies all that is good about the work out. I am over 40 (46 in fact) so I see Debbie as a great role model. She is sweet and ingenious and makes you want to work. She looks fantastic but is totally self effacing.

This work out works every part of your body, core, arms, legs, butt, hips and thighs.

It is easy to follow and Debbie's instruction ensures you keep good form.

Each move is well explained.

And I can't say it enough... Debbie looks great and is a great advertisement for the effectiveness of this plan.

Cons

The music appears to have been added after. I personally need music to motivate me. This music doesn't and worse than that it doesn't always go with the moves.

Variety - basically there isn't any. The plan is that you follow each work out every day. There are three levels and if you progress to the plan you do level 1 for 2 weeks, level 2 for 2 weeks and level 3 for 2 weeks and every day is the same.

To put this in to context let us look at another very popular Beachbody work out. Insanity. In week 1 you have the following-Plyo cardio circuit Cardio power and resistance Cardio recovery Pure cardio And a fitness test....

In week 1!!!!

Not that I am suggesting you do Insanity instead, but if you want variety and are likely to get bored, well this might not be the work out for you.

Now let us turn to the promises and or hype of the infomercials.

Slim in 6 - have you noticed that the people who have achieved results have done 3 or 4 or even more rounds of the 6 week plan?

Ok so nobody should expect results over night, but isn't it misleading to call it slim in 6 if you actually should expect results in 36 weeks?

My final observation of the work out and the infomercials is this (and it's key). The infomercial says you can get slim in 6 by working out, on average, 40 minutes a day!! This is so far from the truth that I have to point it out. Because how much time do you have?

So let's break it down, how much time is really needed?

For 'start it up' you should follow this work out 6 days a week for 2 weeks-

Main work out is 34 minutes 6 days a week. Plus they recommend you also do slim in 6 pack and slim and limber. The recommendation is that you do the former once a week and the latter EVERY day in week 1 and at least 3 times a week there after.

Slim in 6 pack is 14 minutes Slim & limber is 15 minutes

Ramp it up (weeks 3 & 4) is over 55 minutes. Add to that slim in 6 pack and slim & limber, again about 15 minutes a piece.

Burn it up (weeks 5 & 6) is 62 minutes.

Whoever did the maths can't do maths! By my reckoning week 1 and 2 does require 49 minutes a day, that is if you worked out for 7 days; which you don't as it is condensed to 6 days. In reality you need to do 1 hour a day in week 1 alone and the time each day increases as the program progresses.

To summarise if you want to get slim in 6 weeks this is unlikely to work unless you only have a few pounds to lose and more than an hour a day to spare. In reality you will need to do this work out for about 36 weeks. You also need to be prepared to spend an hour a day, 6 days a week and if you need variety? Forget this now as it is very repetitive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout., 17 Feb 2014
If you stick with this programme, you will loose weight and tone up no doubt, but the only problem is that the music on the DVD is very boring. Debbie Seiber is fantastic and very motivating.

5.0 out of 5 stars slim, 23 Jan 2014
very good and it does certainly make you exercise if you can keep up with them so well worth the money if you are serious

5.0 out of 5 stars Really a great set of videos, 19 May 2014
Kira Mason (Düsseldorf, Germany) - See all my reviews
Am into week six and the results are amazing! The workouts are great and never too hard, just right for keeping it going day after day. You really build your stamina and strength up.

5.0 out of 5 stars brillant dvds, 19 Jun 2014
I have found this system to be very enjoyable and very well presented. The instructor is very motivational and I haven't found the workouts boring. Would recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and really work!, 30 Jun 2014
Best workout DVDs I have bought and I've had a few. Really was a difficult choice to make because of the cost but these DVDs are packed with routines and I'm really getting my moneys worth. I had joined the gym previously but just ended up not going so a complete waste of money. I was concerned that the trainer would be OTT and yelling annoyingly at me like in a lot of these fitness DVDs, but I was pleasantly surprised. She speaks softly and is very encouraging acknowledging that everyone works at different levels.The exercises are steady to start off but really work and build up in intensity. Love the resistance bands too, great to use and you feel them working. If you really want to commit to a program this is the one to use. The DVDs progress, and there are extra exercise routines on them so you can swap and change and know you are still working hard without feeling you are getting bored.

By the way I'm not a young slim thing who just needs to tone. In my forties and need to lose a lot of weight and I can do this. Lost a stone and a half in 8 weeks and feeling great and at present really only sticking to the lower intensity exercises as I don't want to overdo it, Seeing the results really helps you stick with it just tell your family to get out of the living room for an hour each evening and go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim in 6 is great!, 19 May 2014
I love this workout! The cardio abs workout is especially good. You feel like you are not doing very much but you are working up a sweat! The little moves make your stomach feel tighter by the end of the class. I really like Debbie's technique. I will definitely keep doing these classes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 May 2014
Absolutely great, Just as I expected, it's a great work out and fun to do! It definately makes a difference if followed properly.