5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

I purchased Slim in 6 when I was 5 weeks away from going on a cruise. Yes, that means I have 1 week less than needed to complete the DVD's but I have been going to the gym for over 2 years so I didn't think I was starting right at the beginning like some would.

First of all buying it...
Published on 26 Aug 2012 by Seely

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain
I consider myself to be fairly fit (i work out at home 5 days a week and go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week) so when somebody bought me this as a gift I put it on a shelf and forgot about it.

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Published 2 months ago by Tracey D. Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Slim in 6 Workout DVD Programme: Six Week Slim Training Body Reshaping Workout DVD Programme (Sports)
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

First of all buying it through Amazon meant it was a little more expensive than through the Beachbody website but being in the UK I was worried about some reviews saying the DVD's didn't work on a Region 2 DVD player and I felt safer buying it through Amazon.co.uk where I knew if there were any problems they would be sorted. I also paid for next day delivery. It has been fantastic, from the text to tell me my parcel would arrive in the next hour to my ringing and nagging my husband to try them in our DVD player to make sure they did, No problems at all on that worry. I got home, put on my bikini and took my degrading photo (never looking like that again, EVER) I measured myself, weighed myself and got to it!

I spent one week doing the first DVD and then due to my timescale restraints and holiday looming closer I started the 2nd DVD. In 2 years at the gym I have never sweated so much, but strangely I enjoyed it, I felt I was getting stronger every day and by the end of the 2nd week doing the 2nd DVD (3 weeks of work outs in total) I knew it was getting easier, I didn't sweat as much and wasn't as out of breath. Two days ago I started the 3rd DVD and I get on my cruise ship in less than 2 weeks. I thought 'Oh my god why have I paid about £70+ to be tortured' but you know what, I lived through it and feel so much better for it. If it isn't challenging then it wouldn't be working and it is.

After 3 weeks I am over 9lb lighter but I'm tempted to throw away the scales because I will never be in the correct BMI range, I'd have to lose a limb first! I feel great, my clothes are bigger and it's the inches that count most. I've followed weight watchers for over 10 years and I am only 35 years old, that's a lot of points counting! and now I don't have to worry, as long as I set aside one hour a day 6 days a week I will look and feel amazing, I'm even taking my resistance bands on the cruise with me!! They are fabulous and so are my biceps and triceps!

When I get back I will start the process again and will definitely buy more of the slim series DVD's. I see it as a way of life and once I get to where I want to be then I can reduce the workouts to 3-4 days per week rather than 6 and cancel that expensive gym membership. The Slim in 6 DVD cost me less than 2 months gym membership and the results are better than I got in 2 years and I did aerobics and swam a mile at least 3 times per week.

Don't hesitate, buy this DVD through Amazon. Go to it and get slim in 6! And also look and feel FABULOUS. I'm off to do a workout now!

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain, 4 July 2014

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Then, following a nasty virus that saw me doing no exercise at all I felt I needed something to ease me back into exercise, I took it off the shelf.

I immediately realised that my preconceived idea that it was easy was completely wrong. This work out is a good, all over work out. But it isn't easy.

In order to explain what I consider is good and bad about this work out I'm going to express my views in a pros and cons format.

Pros

Debbie is a great motivator. Particularly if you are a woman of a particular age. She is an incentive in herself. She embodies all that is good about the work out. I am over 40 (46 in fact) so I see Debbie as a great role model. She is sweet and ingenious and makes you want to work. She looks fantastic but is totally self effacing.

This work out works every part of your body, core, arms, legs, butt, hips and thighs.

It is easy to follow and Debbie's instruction ensures you keep good form.

Each move is well explained.

And I can't say it enough... Debbie looks great and is a great advertisement for the effectiveness of this plan.

Cons

The music appears to have been added after. I personally need music to motivate me. This music doesn't and worse than that it doesn't always go with the moves.

Variety - basically there isn't any. The plan is that you follow each work out every day. There are three levels and if you progress to the plan you do level 1 for 2 weeks, level 2 for 2 weeks and level 3 for 2 weeks and every day is the same.

To put this in to context let us look at another very popular Beachbody work out. Insanity. In week 1 you have the following-Plyo cardio circuit Cardio power and resistance Cardio recovery Pure cardio And a fitness test....

In week 1!!!!

Not that I am suggesting you do Insanity instead, but if you want variety and are likely to get bored, well this might not be the work out for you.

Now let us turn to the promises and or hype of the infomercials.

Slim in 6 - have you noticed that the people who have achieved results have done 3 or 4 or even more rounds of the 6 week plan?

Ok so nobody should expect results over night, but isn't it misleading to call it slim in 6 if you actually should expect results in 36 weeks?

My final observation of the work out and the infomercials is this (and it's key). The infomercial says you can get slim in 6 by working out, on average, 40 minutes a day!! This is so far from the truth that I have to point it out. Because how much time do you have?

So let's break it down, how much time is really needed?

For 'start it up' you should follow this work out 6 days a week for 2 weeks-

Main work out is 34 minutes 6 days a week. Plus they recommend you also do slim in 6 pack and slim and limber. The recommendation is that you do the former once a week and the latter EVERY day in week 1 and at least 3 times a week there after.

Slim in 6 pack is 14 minutes Slim & limber is 15 minutes

Ramp it up (weeks 3 & 4) is over 55 minutes. Add to that slim in 6 pack and slim & limber, again about 15 minutes a piece.

Burn it up (weeks 5 & 6) is 62 minutes.

Whoever did the maths can't do maths! By my reckoning week 1 and 2 does require 49 minutes a day, that is if you worked out for 7 days; which you don't as it is condensed to 6 days. In reality you need to do 1 hour a day in week 1 alone and the time each day increases as the program progresses.

To summarise if you want to get slim in 6 weeks this is unlikely to work unless you only have a few pounds to lose and more than an hour a day to spare. In reality you will need to do this work out for about 36 weeks. You also need to be prepared to spend an hour a day, 6 days a week and if you need variety? Forget this now as it is very repetitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars That's not to say they arn't great programmes, l because they are, 11 Sep 2014
I have tried the other Beach Body Workouts programmes, Insanity and T-25. Both times after a couple of weeks I have had to stop due to injuring my back. Unfortunately my body just can't take the high impact twisting and jumping that is often involved!!. That's not to say they arn't great programmes,l because they are. However, while the Slim in 6 does not offer the variety of workouts provided by these other programmes, it does provide an excellent, thorough all over body training. The progression is well thought out between DVD's and the workouts, while working you hard, ( I sweated and hurt!!), doesn't involve high impact twisting moves. As a bloke it's tempting to dismiss the series as only for women, but I can assure any men out there tempted to try it, that it's well worth it. I am currently integrating the follow on series by Debbie into my workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars The DVD's are excellent. This is my 4th week & I'm beginning ..., 9 Sep 2014
The DVD's are excellent. This is my 4th week & I'm beginning to see the change in my overall shape. The programme eases you in gently & you can work at your own pace. The stretching exercises are also very beneficial as they really loosen up your muscles. Highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to follow and noticed a big difference within two ..., 15 July 2014
Having read all the other reviews I decided to go for the Slim in 6 DVD programme and I have been very impressed. Very easy to follow and noticed a big difference within two weeks, however you do have to do the workouts every day to see results, the only downside is that the music is pretty dull but other than that I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Low Impact All Body Workout, 22 Sep 2013
If you have the self dicepline it absolutely does what it sais on the tin. After two weeks of doing it the pounds just fell of. I am fitter and in better shape than ever before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth trying!, 28 Sep 2014
I like to exercise but I'm by no means super fit. For the past year I've been using David Haye's 'Box and Tone' about once or twice a week (which I think is excellent) but stumbled across this on the Teleshopping channels and wanted to try it out. For my age and height, my BMI is within the normal range and I don't really need to lose weight. However, I want to maintain and improve my fitness level if possible, as well as have variety in my workouts. I also do Zumba once a week.

The exercises are simple to do and look really easy, but aren't so when you get into them due to the high repetitions. I found 'Start It Up' pretty easy for my fitness level and was ready to progress to 'Ramp It Up' after the first 2 weeks. I found this a lot harder and actually did it for 3 weeks instead of the recommended 2. Then, moving onto 'Burn It Up' I thought, "I'll never get the hang of this!", but I persevered and found I was almost able to keep up with Debbie and her crew by the end of it.

I also struggled with the '6-Pack' workout at first. Debbie recommends that you do this at least 3 times per week. I've aimed for more than that and my abdominals are much stronger and I find it easier to do each time.

Halfway through 'Ramp It Up' I weighed myself and was disappointed to find that I'd gained about 6lbs. However, I expect this could be due to my muscles getting stronger. I've just finished 'Burn It Up' this weekend and couldn't believe that I'd lost that 6lbs. I don't follow the eating guide. I just eat healthily anyway. But this is fine as I bought the workout mainly to tone up and improve my fitness, not to lose weight.

I'm not a fitness expert but for beginners, I would personally recommend that you begin with 'Start It Up' and rather than doing it for 2 weeks - keep doing 'Start It Up' until you feel you can follow it easily, then move onto 'Ramp It Up' and so on.

I've given it 4 stars because I found on the 'Burn It Up' warm-up routine, the moves were slightly out of sync (probably due to editing). This is a little irritating but not a serious issue. The music also isn't really in time with the moves, but that's okay because the bonus with these DVDs is that you have the option of having the music on or off, which is handy. Then you can put a CD on if you want and workout to your own music.

The price seems a little excessive but I suppose you would normally pay around £15 for 3 separate DVDs, plus you get the resistance bands and added extras so I think it's good value.

A word of warning: The infomercial on TV shows 'Slim and 6 Pack', 'Slim and Limber' and 'Cardio Core' as 3 separate DVDs. This is misleading because 'Slim and 6 Pack' and 'Slim and Limber' are included (and repeated) on the 3 main DVDs. 'Cardio Core' is found on 'Start It Up'. The Infomercial states that if you're not 100% satisfied, you can have a refund - but can keep 'Cardio Core' and the resistance bands. You CAN'T keep 'Cardio Core' because it's not a separate DVD. I was told this when I contacted Beachbody.

Also, please read the smallprint for the success stories. They all lost weight after doing a certain number of rounds. You're unlikely to slim down dramatically after the first 6 weeks. That said, I didn't expect to lose any weight and I don't feel thinner but some people have commented that I look slimmer than I did a few weeks ago.

Luckily, I'm very happy with the product and don't want a refund.

One final word - I've only followed 'Slim and Limber' once or twice. I do my own yoga routine for around an hour, about 2-3 times per week. However, I really recommend it for anyone who is new to yoga. Stretching is a very important part of the workout as it maintains and helps increase flexibility and prevents risk of injury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply, it works, 28 Sep 2012
If I had just one line to write this review, I would say it in 2 words. This works.

I bought this out of frustration from being overweight and unhappy with the way I looked. I could not wear the clothes I wanted and didn't feel at my best. I was also tired all the time. I am 39, work full time and have 2 children. I have tried diets but was always hungry. I also do not like exercise and would never frequent a gym. However, what became clear to me was you cannot get away from exercise if you want to lose weight in a healthy way and there are other benefits too - you get your body toned at the same time.

The attraction of Slim in 6 was that it had a targeted time frame - 6 weeks. I had also researched this extensively on the Internet and you can see results of others if you look it up on You Tube. It is designed for people like me who have led a sedentary life with no physical activity. The 3 stages in the programme (3 Dvd's) are meant to be done for 2 weeks each. You begin with 'Start it Up', then 'Burn It UP' and finally 'Ramp it up'. Debbie Siebers is engaging, she is not over the top and she motivates you to continue on with the exercises.

At the beginning it was very hard because of my physical state (read couch potato) and it was difficult to control my eating. I was so addicted to cakes, fatty foods etc that my body craved it. But I stuck with it because I really wanted to change. The first 2 weeks are the hardest but don't give up. Slim in 6 comes with a eating plan that you can follow. You get the gist of it- it's healthy food that should fill you up. The trick to losing weight is the exercise and keeping your metabolism up. This means eating 5 times a day - I watched my calorie intake, ate more fruits for the in-between meal snacks and for dinner had baked/grilled fish or meat with steamed veg, similar for lunch. This is easy to do as you can always get marinated salmon, haddock, lamb etc from M&S, Sainsbury etc that won't cost a bundle and you can stick in the oven. Or do it yourself, but do have variety or you get bored. the best thing was I was eating and not going hungry. I also ensured I took supplements and cod liver oil.

Because I worked and am not a morning person, I did this exercise at night - one hour after dinner and 2 hours before sleeping. Did not impact falling asleep and in fact has helped with my insomnia.

So what's the result? I am at the end of week 5 and I cannot believe the transformation. I have just about reached ideal weight, my skin is better, I sleep well and best of all, my body is toned. Though I still have a mini muffin top (I have had 2 kids!)' my love handles are nearly gone, my thighs are toned, I have the beginnings of a baby 6 pack (please note getting proper abs will depend on much more extensive workouts) and my arms have definition!! I use body shapers (M&S) to smooth the muffin top - all these celebrities with flat tums use surgery or liposuction so dont believe the miracle bounce back stories you read. I don't have cravings as much for unhealthy food anymore either. Most importantly, I feel so much better about myself and that's worth more than the money I paid for the programme. I have gone from size 10 -12 back to pre pregnancy size 8. The last time I was a size 8 was 10 years ago.

I have read some reviews that it's too expensive but I disagree. You do this in the comfort of your home, no expensive gym fees, no need to buy exercise clothes or shoes (I did this in my bedroom barefoot on the carpeted floor) and you get an expert personal trainer (via DVD) leading you through a proven programme.

But best of all. THIS WORKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim in 6, 10 Aug 2012
Arrived within a couple of days - excellent product - have only followed the exercise programme and lost 7lbs in 11 days - am well chuffed, thank you very much

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout., 17 Feb 2014
If you stick with this programme, you will loose weight and tone up no doubt, but the only problem is that the music on the DVD is very boring. Debbie Seiber is fantastic and very motivating.