5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

I purchased Slim in 6 when I was 5 weeks away from going on a cruise. Yes, that means I have 1 week less than needed to complete the DVD's but I have been going to the gym for over 2 years so I didn't think I was starting right at the beginning like some would.

First of all buying it...
Published 24 months ago by Seely

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain
I consider myself to be fairly fit (i work out at home 5 days a week and go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week) so when somebody bought me this as a gift I put it on a shelf and forgot about it.

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Published 1 month ago by Tracey D. Porter

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel fantastic!, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Slim in 6 Workout DVD Programme: Six Week Slim Training Body Reshaping Workout DVD Programme (Sports)
Sorry for the long review but you need to know how good it is:

First of all buying it through Amazon meant it was a little more expensive than through the Beachbody website but being in the UK I was worried about some reviews saying the DVD's didn't work on a Region 2 DVD player and I felt safer buying it through Amazon.co.uk where I knew if there were any problems they would be sorted. I also paid for next day delivery. It has been fantastic, from the text to tell me my parcel would arrive in the next hour to my ringing and nagging my husband to try them in our DVD player to make sure they did, No problems at all on that worry. I got home, put on my bikini and took my degrading photo (never looking like that again, EVER) I measured myself, weighed myself and got to it!

I spent one week doing the first DVD and then due to my timescale restraints and holiday looming closer I started the 2nd DVD. In 2 years at the gym I have never sweated so much, but strangely I enjoyed it, I felt I was getting stronger every day and by the end of the 2nd week doing the 2nd DVD (3 weeks of work outs in total) I knew it was getting easier, I didn't sweat as much and wasn't as out of breath. Two days ago I started the 3rd DVD and I get on my cruise ship in less than 2 weeks. I thought 'Oh my god why have I paid about £70+ to be tortured' but you know what, I lived through it and feel so much better for it. If it isn't challenging then it wouldn't be working and it is.

After 3 weeks I am over 9lb lighter but I'm tempted to throw away the scales because I will never be in the correct BMI range, I'd have to lose a limb first! I feel great, my clothes are bigger and it's the inches that count most. I've followed weight watchers for over 10 years and I am only 35 years old, that's a lot of points counting! and now I don't have to worry, as long as I set aside one hour a day 6 days a week I will look and feel amazing, I'm even taking my resistance bands on the cruise with me!! They are fabulous and so are my biceps and triceps!

When I get back I will start the process again and will definitely buy more of the slim series DVD's. I see it as a way of life and once I get to where I want to be then I can reduce the workouts to 3-4 days per week rather than 6 and cancel that expensive gym membership. The Slim in 6 DVD cost me less than 2 months gym membership and the results are better than I got in 2 years and I did aerobics and swam a mile at least 3 times per week.

Don't hesitate, buy this DVD through Amazon. Go to it and get slim in 6! And also look and feel FABULOUS. I'm off to do a workout now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Workout., 17 Feb 2014
If you stick with this programme, you will loose weight and tone up no doubt, but the only problem is that the music on the DVD is very boring. Debbie Seiber is fantastic and very motivating.

5.0 out of 5 stars brillant dvds, 19 Jun 2014
I have found this system to be very enjoyable and very well presented. The instructor is very motivational and I haven't found the workouts boring. Would recommend to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars big commitment for little gain, 4 July 2014

It looked easy and frankly old fashioned.

Then, following a nasty virus that saw me doing no exercise at all I felt I needed something to ease me back into exercise, I took it off the shelf.

I immediately realised that my preconceived idea that it was easy was completely wrong. This work out is a good, all over work out. But it isn't easy.

In order to explain what I consider is good and bad about this work out I'm going to express my views in a pros and cons format.

Pros

Debbie is a great motivator. Particularly if you are a woman of a particular age. She is an incentive in herself. She embodies all that is good about the work out. I am over 40 (46 in fact) so I see Debbie as a great role model. She is sweet and ingenious and makes you want to work. She looks fantastic but is totally self effacing.

This work out works every part of your body, core, arms, legs, butt, hips and thighs.

It is easy to follow and Debbie's instruction ensures you keep good form.

Each move is well explained.

And I can't say it enough... Debbie looks great and is a great advertisement for the effectiveness of this plan.

Cons

The music appears to have been added after. I personally need music to motivate me. This music doesn't and worse than that it doesn't always go with the moves.

Variety - basically there isn't any. The plan is that you follow each work out every day. There are three levels and if you progress to the plan you do level 1 for 2 weeks, level 2 for 2 weeks and level 3 for 2 weeks and every day is the same.

To put this in to context let us look at another very popular Beachbody work out. Insanity. In week 1 you have the following-Plyo cardio circuit Cardio power and resistance Cardio recovery Pure cardio And a fitness test....

In week 1!!!!

Not that I am suggesting you do Insanity instead, but if you want variety and are likely to get bored, well this might not be the work out for you.

Now let us turn to the promises and or hype of the infomercials.

Slim in 6 - have you noticed that the people who have achieved results have done 3 or 4 or even more rounds of the 6 week plan?

Ok so nobody should expect results over night, but isn't it misleading to call it slim in 6 if you actually should expect results in 36 weeks?

My final observation of the work out and the infomercials is this (and it's key). The infomercial says you can get slim in 6 by working out, on average, 40 minutes a day!! This is so far from the truth that I have to point it out. Because how much time do you have?

So let's break it down, how much time is really needed?

For 'start it up' you should follow this work out 6 days a week for 2 weeks-

Main work out is 34 minutes 6 days a week. Plus they recommend you also do slim in 6 pack and slim and limber. The recommendation is that you do the former once a week and the latter EVERY day in week 1 and at least 3 times a week there after.

Slim in 6 pack is 14 minutes Slim & limber is 15 minutes

Ramp it up (weeks 3 & 4) is over 55 minutes. Add to that slim in 6 pack and slim & limber, again about 15 minutes a piece.

Burn it up (weeks 5 & 6) is 62 minutes.

Whoever did the maths can't do maths! By my reckoning week 1 and 2 does require 49 minutes a day, that is if you worked out for 7 days; which you don't as it is condensed to 6 days. In reality you need to do 1 hour a day in week 1 alone and the time each day increases as the program progresses.

To summarise if you want to get slim in 6 weeks this is unlikely to work unless you only have a few pounds to lose and more than an hour a day to spare. In reality you will need to do this work out for about 36 weeks. You also need to be prepared to spend an hour a day, 6 days a week and if you need variety? Forget this now as it is very repetitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Low Impact All Body Workout, 22 Sep 2013
If you have the self dicepline it absolutely does what it sais on the tin. After two weeks of doing it the pounds just fell of. I am fitter and in better shape than ever before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim in 6, 10 Aug 2012
Arrived within a couple of days - excellent product - have only followed the exercise programme and lost 7lbs in 11 days - am well chuffed, thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply, it works, 28 Sep 2012
If I had just one line to write this review, I would say it in 2 words. This works.

I bought this out of frustration from being overweight and unhappy with the way I looked. I could not wear the clothes I wanted and didn't feel at my best. I was also tired all the time. I am 39, work full time and have 2 children. I have tried diets but was always hungry. I also do not like exercise and would never frequent a gym. However, what became clear to me was you cannot get away from exercise if you want to lose weight in a healthy way and there are other benefits too - you get your body toned at the same time.

The attraction of Slim in 6 was that it had a targeted time frame - 6 weeks. I had also researched this extensively on the Internet and you can see results of others if you look it up on You Tube. It is designed for people like me who have led a sedentary life with no physical activity. The 3 stages in the programme (3 Dvd's) are meant to be done for 2 weeks each. You begin with 'Start it Up', then 'Burn It UP' and finally 'Ramp it up'. Debbie Siebers is engaging, she is not over the top and she motivates you to continue on with the exercises.

At the beginning it was very hard because of my physical state (read couch potato) and it was difficult to control my eating. I was so addicted to cakes, fatty foods etc that my body craved it. But I stuck with it because I really wanted to change. The first 2 weeks are the hardest but don't give up. Slim in 6 comes with a eating plan that you can follow. You get the gist of it- it's healthy food that should fill you up. The trick to losing weight is the exercise and keeping your metabolism up. This means eating 5 times a day - I watched my calorie intake, ate more fruits for the in-between meal snacks and for dinner had baked/grilled fish or meat with steamed veg, similar for lunch. This is easy to do as you can always get marinated salmon, haddock, lamb etc from M&S, Sainsbury etc that won't cost a bundle and you can stick in the oven. Or do it yourself, but do have variety or you get bored. the best thing was I was eating and not going hungry. I also ensured I took supplements and cod liver oil.

Because I worked and am not a morning person, I did this exercise at night - one hour after dinner and 2 hours before sleeping. Did not impact falling asleep and in fact has helped with my insomnia.

So what's the result? I am at the end of week 5 and I cannot believe the transformation. I have just about reached ideal weight, my skin is better, I sleep well and best of all, my body is toned. Though I still have a mini muffin top (I have had 2 kids!)' my love handles are nearly gone, my thighs are toned, I have the beginnings of a baby 6 pack (please note getting proper abs will depend on much more extensive workouts) and my arms have definition!! I use body shapers (M&S) to smooth the muffin top - all these celebrities with flat tums use surgery or liposuction so dont believe the miracle bounce back stories you read. I don't have cravings as much for unhealthy food anymore either. Most importantly, I feel so much better about myself and that's worth more than the money I paid for the programme. I have gone from size 10 -12 back to pre pregnancy size 8. The last time I was a size 8 was 10 years ago.

I have read some reviews that it's too expensive but I disagree. You do this in the comfort of your home, no expensive gym fees, no need to buy exercise clothes or shoes (I did this in my bedroom barefoot on the carpeted floor) and you get an expert personal trainer (via DVD) leading you through a proven programme.

But best of all. THIS WORKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars so happy with this product., 10 May 2014
It's hard work but it 100% works if you follow the work out and meal plan.
I've never had so much energy, my butt and abbs have never looked this good ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!!, 2 July 2012
Ms. S. Long (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I am so glad i bought this dvd set.
I was thinking about it for so long after seeing the ad on tv but coz the price was high i kept umming anr arring.
I did consider doing the three payments of £19.99 over 3 months direct from beach body but when i reviewed it online alot of people who had done that, or even paid in one go, seemed to have constant cold callers from beachbodys and problems with them taking more money that what was agreed.

So when i found it on here and read the great review before mine i was like, yeah go on then!

And im so glad i did.
Yes it is alot of money up front but the work outs are fab.
for starters theres not much talking at the beginning. Alot of the dvds i have have reeeeeeeeally long intros which is fine for the first time you do it, but if u do it every day it gets annoying having to skip all the time.
This one The lady who does it just gets on with it. And even the beginners workout which is half hour long is intense!
I can defiantly see why it works!
I was more out of breath doing the half hour beginners dvd set than i get going to the gym for an hour and a half, which i do every day!

The band you get is great, although i would say mine is a little short but maybe it will give a bit with time.

The delivery was fast as well. BUT Amazon seem to waste sooooo much packaging on everything they send.
The box it arrived in was big enough for about 3 dvd payers, full of thick paper packing and hiding in the bottom was a triple dvd size box with the bands attached. It was laughable!
All i have to say is its a good thing i recycle!!!

But for anyone who is thinking of buying this and is unsure, honestly i was thinking the same but its a great set, loads of food info in the books that come with it and its great for anyone of any age. Its fun to try so i would say Try it!!!! You'l love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars perspiring, 22 July 2013
arrived very quickly and only started the first DVD but it very good, making you work and burning calories, it seems good for all ages even me and I'm oldish, a really good buy