5.0 out of 5 stars BT phones
My old set of telephones required individual setting up (3 phones), but with these BT Aura set up one with the phone list and it arrives at the others...magic. The sound quality is good too, I thought I was going deaf with the old ones but BT is clear. The display is quite clear, easy to read. Even the sound on recorded message playback is of good quality.
PS its...
Published on 17 July 2012 by M.S. Fan

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last!!!!
Published 23 months ago by Mitha

5.0 out of 5 stars BT phones, 17 July 2012
PS its cheaper from Amazon than BT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent cordless 'phone, 17 May 2012
S. Lindgren - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For the price, there isn't a whole lot to complain about here, and plenty to be pleased about. The Aura 1500 is a reasonably compact, cleanly styled and feels reassuringly weighty in-hand. No, it doesn't have the heft of an old GPO dial-'phone, but for what it is, it's pretty solid. The base / stand is also fairly solid, so it's less likely to be accidentally tipped over than some. I'd still suggest placing it near a wall though to reduce the chances of it being caught in the passing. I was pleased to see that the 'phone comes with a reasonable printed manual, rather than just a CD or (worse) a link to a website, which is becoming increasingly widespread.

Programming is straightforward, the interface (such as a cordless phone has one) is quite inituitive and the buttons have a good size and feel to them. The built-in 'phonebook has space for 250 contacts. Battery life seems respectable, although a couple of cycles to ensure it reaches full charge would be a good idea. Reception is excellent; I was able to use the handset at the far end of my (110ft long) garden with the base unit on the far side of the house, behind multiple walls, without any difficulties. Not bad at all. The internal speakers seem good too, and the answer-phone has a decent amount of memory / storage time. The colour screen is also of decent quality, and you can change the wallpapers etc. if you have the inclination. The caller display facility is useful, and there are a variety of ring-tones to select from, which as usual vary from the decent to the vile.

All in all, while not the cheapest cordless telephone / answermachine on the market, this is probably a better buy than many cheaper models on the market, which often tend to be false economies. Worth paying the extra (and not all that much extra) for.

5.0 out of 5 stars BT AT IT'S BEST, 2 Oct 2012
Well done BT - you've got it right - just what the small business/home was looking for. Nice looking phone, easy on the eyes large display screen - when using to make a phone call the large figures are easily seen (even without my glasses)- the memory capacity is brilliant and easy to access - very user friendly steps even for set-up - all-in-all this product ticked all my boxes hopefully it will do the same for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars BT Auro Beeping, 30 July 2012
Mr. John H. Davidson (UK) - See all my reviews
In case it's of help to others, I had a problem with beeps during calls that momentarily also blocked the audio. I thought it was connected with our new BT Home Hub 3. I rang the BT help line (0800 218 2182), waited nearly 10 mins to get a reply, and they suggested:

Menu>Sound>Advisory Tones>No Coverage>Off, then reset the base as per page 40 of the BT Aura 1500 manual. Resetting the base does not delete stored numbers etc. It is (they say) nothing to do with the Home Hub 3.

Apparently, the phone can think it is out of range when it isn't, even while you are talking to someone. When it is genuinely out of range, it will flash a message on the screen. Range seems OK, tho' I think I read in the spec. that it has a range of 300M. Through several walls, this is more like 40Mts. in our installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordless simplicity, 16 May 2012
kehs (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this phone. It was simple to set up and easy to use. It looks stylish and takes up very little space on my desk. Included with it is a handbook - not just a website as happens too often now. My old phone crackled terribly but this one is as clear as a bell. It also has a great selection of ring tones and wallpapers so you can personalise your phone. Great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Cordless Phones, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: BT Aura 1500 Twin Digital Cordless Phone with Answering Machine - Black /Chrome (Electronics)
These cordless phones are brilliant.
The battery really lasts and they look very slick.
To be fair I wouldn't expect anything less from BT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone but too many lights, 16 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Have had this a few months now. Easy peasy to set up and has a good clear signal. Really love the hands free option - makes family calls much more fun. There is a good selection of screen savers, backgrounds and ring tones (we pick the cheesiest, for me and my 5 year old to start dancing to when it rings). As a phone the sound is nice and clear. The answer phone function again is easy to set up and use. Auto-answer is good - no need to find the answer button when the phone rings as it answers when you take it out of the base charger.

I don't like that the screen is constantly lit up. It dims but not completely and this seems to be a waste of power to me. I don't like switching off everything at night and leaving this glaring in the corner!

Overall I am pleased with this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality phone., 23 May 2012
Stucumber "Stucumber" (N. Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My first reaction to the Aura 1500 was how much it resembled a basic mobile phone, perhaps one from a few years back. That isn't a bad thing because even basic mobile phones are more feature packed than the average landline.

First off it is a solid weighty phone that is comfortable in the hand and while pressed against the ear. Styling is minimal but not plain; it's quite sleek in black with silver trim. This goes for both the handset and the base unit.

The interface is where it most resembles a basic mobile phone, I wouldn't be surprised if this uses technology and software gleaned from mobile design. The interface is a combination of colour screen, numerical buttons, answer/hang-up, d-pad and menu select buttons. These can be used to access a menu system with the mobile phone hierarchy and input methods. This can take a while, when setting up the phonebook, as letters are chosen by cycling through the corresponding numerical button, something you might want to spend an afternoon doing, particularly if you want to use all 250 places. I found the button respnses a little bit slower than I would have liked, increasing data input time somewhat but not terribly annoying.

There are a choice of polyphonic ringtones for handset and base, some of which I found annoying and i would have a welcomed a standard phone 'chirp-chirp' sound but this wasn't included. Call sound quality is good and can be set to a suitable volume.

Battery life is good, meaning the handset can be left for days before needing to be returned to the base. You'll need to leave the handset in the base, for an initial charge for 24 hours before you can play with it though.

Some extra features, such as caller ID, conference calling, speaker call, call screening raise it above a standard landline phone and justify the somewhat higher price. I found the product description accurately reflected my experience with the phone.

If you're think that you might need more than one handset I would purchase these in one package rather than seek to add to what you have later. In the multiple handset packages the additional bases do not have the same functionality as the main unit; I haven't been able to find single, additional handsets with these basic bases and don't know what, if any, compatibility problems may arise.

Overall, this is a decent high quality home phone, with many extra - and useful - features.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last!!!!, 27 Nov 2012
To start off with a negative - Delivery, disappointing!!!! Was meant to have been delivered next day but it never arrived. Wasted time waiting for this but it got 'lost' so Amazon sent out a replacement 7 days later(next day once I complained) Anyway, this phone so far is AMAZING!!!! Just what I have been hunting for. I've had 4 phones since early this year, constantly returning back because of quality even though I spent £60+ well known and trusted brands after something that looks smart and sound quality above average but no luck until now!! hopefully this will be it..I've read lots of reviews on lots of phones and to be honest with mixed reviews from individuals it's more about trial and error as it has for me. If you are looking for a phone that looks good and works wonders this is brilliant. I have a baby who likes to talk over me whilst on the phone so sound quality this phone definitely gets 5 stars+ I can now hear the person on the other side of the call as they can hear me..a very happy customer (",)

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE! After 2 months and 3 replacements of the BT Aura I'm extremely disappointed. First phone had a screen fault so not really a problem with the mechanical aspect of the phone but the second one after 7 days the phone disappeared so asked for a replacement and now again almost 3 weeks later then the new one received AGAIN my phonebook disappeared and by this I mean my contacts only to leave 20 no names stores and a few contacts repeated several times! Not happy and will be getting a refund!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good as a phone, 22 July 2012
Lots of fancy features and pretty colour display but poor as a phone to actually talk to people.
Range is considerable worse than our old phone. Has not even got a proper ring option.
Am going to have to return which is a real pain.