4.0 out of 5 stars For anyone confused about sizing
Published 13 months ago by Marital Bliss

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed
I bought these for my daughters birthday in April, now in August the purple patent is bubbling and peeling off . I 've never had a bad pair of dr marten boots and am really cross this has happened outside the return window of 30 days. These boots are clearly faulty!
Published 19 months ago by WILLIAM LENNOX

4.0 out of 5 stars For anyone confused about sizing, 19 Feb. 2014
Marital Bliss (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
First of all, these boots all seemed to be available in both a size 7 and size 7D, the size 7's being significantly more expensive and mostly sold out. I've really wanted a pair of patent DM's for ages but wasn't sure what the difference was between a 7 and 7D. I wondered if the D was a width fitting and I was concerned about this because I have very narrow feet. I searched the internet for some guidance on sizing and found very little. It seems to be that there are a lot of confused people out there when it comes to this issue. I was able to establish however that Doctor Martens themselves do not make a size 7D fitting so this must be something particular to Amazon. In the end, I decided to take a chance on the 7D in the knowledge that I could return them if they didn't fit. To my relief they arrived and were merely a standard size 7 - no mention of a 'D' anywhere on the boot or the packaging. There was no discernable difference whatsoever and I remain confused as to what the difference might have been (if any). This is something I feel Amazon could be more helpful about addressing as I'm sure there are a lot of people who remain unsure and will therefore err on the side of caution and not risk purchasing the 'D' option.

As far as another point of confusion is concerned, as far as I can gather the 1460 is a unisex boot and the 1460w, which is what this is, is designed for women and is therefore slightly narrower at the front. I have very narrow feet and found that 1460w's fit me perfectly as far as the width goes.

I would recommend getting your regular size and not being too alarmed if they feel very uncomfortable at first as this is also a very common problem. I have read a lot of reviews about this style being particularly tight across the top of your foot where the tongue of the boot starts and I have to say I have found exactly the same thing. A lot of people think has coincided with production being moved out of the UK and into Thailand. Whatever the reason, I have decided to persevere and break in the boots even if it takes a few months. There are loads of useful tips all over the net for breaking in your Docs.

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase, a bargain at £46, and glad I took the chance. However, it would be nice if Amazon could make their sizing choices clearer or at least explain them in proper detail

5.0 out of 5 stars Doc Martin, 8 Aug. 2009
Ms. E. Knox-thomas (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
A fun version of the well known and loved product- Doc Martin's boots.
I couldn't resist, but want another colour way now! Keep telling myself not to be so stupid as I am 64 and have lots of leather boots, but they are practical and boring not white and fuschia pink!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed, 28 Aug. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Martens, 28 Dec. 2010
Dr. Martens are indestructable. Ive had a pair for at least 10 years.
I will be buying more most definetly in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, but not as good as my last pair, 23 Jan. 2011
I love the colour and these are docs, but I buy them not only becasue I love them and they are comfy, but also becasue they are the only shoe with ankle support that fits some custom insole I have to have. All my old pairs made in the UK have been perfect - this pair made in Thailand has let me down a little, the uppers have not been cut as accuratly as I would expect from Dr Martens. This might not be a problem for most people but as my insoles push my foot up quite high it means that I am loosing circulation to my toes and they are very painful to wear - with a tight band of leather cutting into my foot - it's worse on one shoe than the other - but having looked inside it's down to bad cutting of the leather upper before they were sewn together. I don't really know what to do now, as this is the brand I've been reliant on for good shoes since I was 11. I don't want to have to take a knife to them, but I may have to - so beware new docs are not as well made as old ones, if in doubt buy from a shop not online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Feb. 2013
I love these - they actually look better in real life than they do in the picture, hence I gave them 5/5. The item was delivered in 4 days. Certain sellers on rival sites could learn from them as this really does make a difference as to whether or not a customer is completely satisfied. I've been looking for a pair of DMs for a while now and I couldn't be happier with these. They look so cool!

They rub a little at first, but that is just the nature of the material (patent leather). Once you've worn them a few times they're absolutely fine. I certainly didn't get blisters when I first wore them. Also, the tongue squeaks as it rubs against the inside of the shoe but this can be solved with a little Vaseline (aka Petroleum Jelly) on the tongue.

I'd recommend these to anyone who wants DMs that stand out from the crowd. Being a brilliant white, they certainly draw stares when I'm out and about!

In short, highly recommended from a first-class seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 13 Mar. 2014
this is my 8th pair of dr martrns and these are extra special as these are my wedding shoes :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink Doc Martens, 16 Oct. 2013
These are gorgeous. I'm a granny so maybe not the normal run of the mill Doc Martens wearer especially pink but I bought these having been given the all clear and told not to come back for a year after treatment of a nasty illness. They looked so cheerful that as that was how I felt I just had to get them, particularly as my old pair (18 years old) had had their day! They fit perfectly, they are really comfortable and arrived very quickly. They also get lots of compliments too (not me my boots!) And I feel better when I wear them - everyone should have a pair - they make you smile!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 20 Aug. 2014
Bought these for my wife as a present, was'nt too long before the coating on the leather started bubbling....we are both disappointed, won't be buying from this outfit again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 29 Jan. 2009
A. Thomson (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
These were my first pair of docs, ordered them with a january trip to new york in mind, the delivery was very fast and i started to wear them straight away to wear them in, I did get blisters from the first time wearing them but after that they were really comfy. They were great for the freezing cold new york, waterproof and extremely comfy for all the walking i did all week, definately better than fake Ugg boots my mates had that gave them blisters from all the walking and their feet got soaked when it snowed!!!