Ordered these with my parents or 'Santa' for Christmas 2011. I am 12 but please still read my review.

Service:
Published on 13 Feb 2012 by Sharon.R

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered Cherry Red and got a dirty light brown
The colour was nothing like Cherry Red - just a drab dirty pale brown.
I guess now that the boots are made in Thailand QC has gone out the window.
I bought my first pair of DM boots in 1970 and the quality was outstanding. Thick supple leather and real 'bouncing' rubber soles.
Published 18 months ago by Door Peeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was a risk....A GREAT ONE (a kids review please read), 13 Feb 2012

Service:
Great service. I'd been excited and nervous to order them. We did so, got an email taht they would be shipped the next day and should arrive within 5 working days. They arrived in 3 in orriginal Dr Marten packaging (to me joy). I oppened them up to make sure they were the correct pair. I ordered the dark purple Dr Martens 1460. They were beautiful; didn't want to wait for Christmas day!!! PLEASENOTE: IF THEY ARE NOT IN THEIR ORIGINAL DR MARTEN BOX THEY COULD BE DODGY. Service is 4/5

PRODUCT:
The product os beautiful;. I have had them for 3 months and there isn't a scratch on them. The sole hasn't worn down at all , unlike other shoes. There has been some complaints about comfort. I literally put them on my feet the minute I got them and I have felt no pain at all. I were bed socks with them purely for sze issues as I am not a proper size 3. I have had no trouble with colour rubbing off either. On the sole, mine say THE ORIGINAL so any complaints with the ones that say that may be purely unlucky people. They seem to be ab A beautiful sight for others as well. I wore them to school and received many compliment. They even made 'Doc Haters' look impressed too. Product is 5/5

Price:
The price was extremely reasonable from Amazon. On the Dr Martens UK website they were £80-85, whereas, on Amazon, they were £65!!! That is quite good to me. Price is 5/5

OVERALL Rating :
Likes: This product is completely likable. The only way you could dislike them is if they were dodgy. That is unlikely.
Dislikes: Nothing
Looks: They are beautiful, eye catching and unusual. There is nothing bad about the way they look. 5/5
Comfort:Very comfortable. No blisters or rubbing was experienced.I was actually getting ready for it but there was no need. 5.5
Whole product: 5./5
THANK YOU FOR READING I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS YOUR DECISION ON WHETHER OR NOT TO BUY DR MARTENS.

4.0 out of 5 stars For anyone confused about sizing, 19 Feb 2014
Marital Bliss (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
First of all, these boots all seemed to be available in both a size 7 and size 7D, the size 7's being significantly more expensive and mostly sold out. I've really wanted a pair of patent DM's for ages but wasn't sure what the difference was between a 7 and 7D. I wondered if the D was a width fitting and I was concerned about this because I have very narrow feet. I searched the internet for some guidance on sizing and found very little. It seems to be that there are a lot of confused people out there when it comes to this issue. I was able to establish however that Doctor Martens themselves do not make a size 7D fitting so this must be something particular to Amazon. In the end, I decided to take a chance on the 7D in the knowledge that I could return them if they didn't fit. To my relief they arrived and were merely a standard size 7 - no mention of a 'D' anywhere on the boot or the packaging. There was no discernable difference whatsoever and I remain confused as to what the difference might have been (if any). This is something I feel Amazon could be more helpful about addressing as I'm sure there are a lot of people who remain unsure and will therefore err on the side of caution and not risk purchasing the 'D' option.

As far as another point of confusion is concerned, as far as I can gather the 1460 is a unisex boot and the 1460w, which is what this is, is designed for women and is therefore slightly narrower at the front. I have very narrow feet and found that 1460w's fit me perfectly as far as the width goes.

I would recommend getting your regular size and not being too alarmed if they feel very uncomfortable at first as this is also a very common problem. I have read a lot of reviews about this style being particularly tight across the top of your foot where the tongue of the boot starts and I have to say I have found exactly the same thing. A lot of people think has coincided with production being moved out of the UK and into Thailand. Whatever the reason, I have decided to persevere and break in the boots even if it takes a few months. There are loads of useful tips all over the net for breaking in your Docs.

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase, a bargain at £46, and glad I took the chance. However, it would be nice if Amazon could make their sizing choices clearer or at least explain them in proper detail

5.0 out of 5 stars Doc Martin, 8 Aug 2009
Ms. E. Knox-thomas (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
A fun version of the well known and loved product- Doc Martin's boots.
I couldn't resist, but want another colour way now! Keep telling myself not to be so stupid as I am 64 and have lots of leather boots, but they are practical and boring not white and fuschia pink!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 years on. I have all the answers if your worrying about if you should bust the bank on them., 8 Aug 2013
When I was 15 I set my eyes on the oxblood 1460 Docs, I wanted some for ages and when it finally came to my birthday I managed to scrape together £100 and buy my first pair of boots.
I went in with my heart set on some oxblood ones and I came out with smooth black ones. I decided I wanted to wear them for school, which I did everyday with my tight black trousers which I tucked into my boots with the laces raped around the boot and tied at the front. I got told off for wearing them everyday but I loved them.

Now onto the shoe:

Mine are the Black 1460 Boot-Smooth at £100.

Where from?
Leeds Doc Martins shop.(buy them new they could be fakes)

Sizing?
I differ from a size 6 to 7. My foot is pretty wide and the length is normal, I had to get a 7 to fit my foot. If you have thin feet I would advise getting a 6.5 if not still a 7 because they are more comfortable loose for when your feet expand in the heat.

How they fit/fitted (breaking them in):
At first they are really tight they take effort to get on and they hurt so bad to break in. When you first walk a fair way in them DEFIANTLY wear socks. Where they hurt me was on my widest part of my foot (they were tight) and the supporting heal. It took me (wearing them nearly every day)about 3 months to break them in maybe a bit more. Just persist with them because when you do break them in they are amazing! So comfortable and in snow and ice I never fell over.

What they are like in weathers:
In normal weather they just look and feel amazing.
In rain they are 100% waterproof because they are leather i have walked into puddles over my laces and my feet haven't got wet. If they do just polish them with leather cleaner to boost the leather skins moisture and they will be good as new.
In warm weather they are pretty warm and this is when they start to smell however I did get told if you put news paper in them they take the smell away (I've never tried). They might be warm but with a dress/shorts they look awesome because they are on full show.
In ice/Snow they are the best shoes ever especially if you leave walking to your destination with no spare time for delay. I haven't fallen once in these, I haven't got snow in my shoes, when everyone else is moaning they have cold feet from the snow that's when you really love your docs. I bought my docs at Christmas and that January and February we got our snow, slipper socks and Doc Martens what a team.

So 5 years on and how are they doing?
Well they still look amazing on the outside but on the inside well there alright and the sole not as good as they were.

The sole:
Well the under the arch part has started to fade off, i would say an inch square and on the back of the heal in the corners I have worn about 1cm off.

The look of the shoe:
I have a couple of scuffs from when i scuffed them climbing at brimham rocks but not much, they have creases on the part where you bend your toes, above the support part on the ankles, the yellow thread is still going strong around the sole and still yellow, one stitch on the shoe lace part has come away but its not obvious and its been that way for about a year and nothing has come away further, there is a slight breakage from the crease probably because I have only polished them once in the whole of the 5 years of owning them and them being my 80% go to footwear for the whole 5 years.

The inside:
I do have an extra sole in them now because they have lost their comfort ever so slightly, they do mold to your feet so i wouldn't advise getting them second hand because if they walked more on the inside of their feet and you walked more on the back part of your foot they will be uncomfortable and you will find yourself walking on the inside of your foot like them and that will give you aches in your feet and legs not worth it. The heal support is coming away ever so slightly so i am afraid that Ill break them more. They also leak a little but not so my feet are sapping wet but apart from being a bit fostey from mud, rain and woodland they are still looking top notch.

Overall:
I have worn mine nearly non stop for 5 years at school, climbing rocks and trees, hiking and splashing in puddles I think they have been 100% worth the money they still look (when on) only about a month old for appearances they do leak a little but I can deal with that. I have some for life boots on oxblood coming tomorrow so I wonder if they are as amazing as my original boots we will see.
I hope I have helped and not bored you with my preposition on everything but thanks for reading and I hope you get some!
Take Care, Jes. x

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Martens, 28 Dec 2010
Dr. Martens are indestructable. Ive had a pair for at least 10 years.
I will be buying more most definetly in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered Cherry Red and got a dirty light brown, 24 Mar 2013
The colour was nothing like Cherry Red - just a drab dirty pale brown.
I guess now that the boots are made in Thailand QC has gone out the window.
With this latest pair the leather is thin, rigid and cardboard-like and the soles seem thinner and more plastic than rubber. Stiffer and less bouncy.
Also they seem thinner across the foot as for the first time ever I had a slight struggle to get my foot in the boot. All other pairs I've owned (and I've had many) my foot easily slipped into the unlaced boot.
Sent back for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put a bounce in your step, 17 Oct 2008
Henk Beentje "Henk Beentje" (Kew, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
What is not to like? This is a true classic, and even if you don't care a hoot about classics, it is a seriously good boot. The air-sole puts a little bounce in your step; it gives good ankle support; it feels all-round good, and it looks pretty neat, too. Mind you, you have to walk them in a bit - they are not comfortable right from the beginning. But don't give up, walk around in small bits at the start, and in a while it will shape itself to your feet and feel like a perfect fit. Some people recommend putting them in a bucket of water and then walking around the block in them, sopping wet, to speed up the process, but I haven't tried that!
I have had mine for four years and they are great. Oxblood red, if you must know, which contrasts well with the yellow trim. I have walked in town, at work and on long walks through the wilds of Surrey with them, and they are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars All round comfort, 20 Oct 2009
Karen (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
I brought these boots expecting them to be heavy being a woman but how wrong I was.
The first time I wore them they were pure comfort no blisters or sore feet like I always get from other footwear. I got them because I got fed up buying cheap footwear thats only last a month. I am really pleased with these and wear them everywhere and would recommend them to anyone. Well worth paying the price for comfort.

1.0 out of 5 stars I Should Have Known Better, 10 Feb 2012
N. Cartwright "Nev" (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
Dr Martens Unisex 1460 Boot.

I haven't worn Doc Martens for a few decades.I use to wear them as motorbike boots because they were waterproof
and isolated the vibrations from your feet. The big problem with them used to be that the uppers would last
forever but eventually the sole would wear through.

Well ordered myself a black pair which arrived promptly.
They are a bit stiff at first but so long as you wear thick socks there's no need to wear them in.
After two months use the soles have worn completely smooth, enough to render them unwearable in anything but
completely dry conditions. Positively dangerous in wet or icy weather!
They've only been used for general walking, not like i'm climbing mountains in them!
For the price of these boots you'd expect a bit more use than two months.
I'm fairly sure the Post Office and Police Force use Doc Martens, maybe they get a different type of sole.
Otherwise thier footwear bill must run into £ millions.

I got in touch with Amazon to try and get a refund but it was past the 30 day deadline so i wasn't sure what
the procedure was.Well Amazon emailed me a returns label to return them and within a few day i recieved a refund.
I'm impressed with the service from Amazon the delivery and returns process was painless.
5 stars to Amazon.
Zero stars for the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Groovy, but not as good as my last pair, 23 Jan 2011
I love the colour and these are docs, but I buy them not only becasue I love them and they are comfy, but also becasue they are the only shoe with ankle support that fits some custom insole I have to have. All my old pairs made in the UK have been perfect - this pair made in Thailand has let me down a little, the uppers have not been cut as accuratly as I would expect from Dr Martens. This might not be a problem for most people but as my insoles push my foot up quite high it means that I am loosing circulation to my toes and they are very painful to wear - with a tight band of leather cutting into my foot - it's worse on one shoe than the other - but having looked inside it's down to bad cutting of the leather upper before they were sewn together. I don't really know what to do now, as this is the brand I've been reliant on for good shoes since I was 11. I don't want to have to take a knife to them, but I may have to - so beware new docs are not as well made as old ones, if in doubt buy from a shop not online.