4.0 out of 5 stars Super fast cleaning for your hard floors
The Vax S2S Bare Floor Pro steam cleaner is essentially an upgrade from the basic Vax steam cleaner. There are two main differences - the first is the introduction of the steam cleaning detergent and the other is the use of Velcro pads as opposed to those you slip over the end of the steam cleaner.

The premise is the same, you fill one tank with water, the...
Published on 2 Mar 2012 by FussyMissus

1.0 out of 5 stars Detergent tank
I have two machines from Vax , they are not bad on the cleaning but break really easy and the spare parts are really expensive. before purchase take a look in their webpage.
the 02 years guarantee does not cover the accessories of anything that breaks easy.
The detergent tank costs 15 pounds + shipping
Published 3 months ago by Renata

4.0 out of 5 stars Super fast cleaning for your hard floors, 2 Mar 2012
FussyMissus (Uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vax Steam Mop - S2S-1 Bare Floor Pro With Detergent (Kitchen & Home)

The premise is the same, you fill one tank with water, the other with cleaner, switch on, wait a minute (it really IS that fast) and you are ready to go. You glide forwards pressing the steam button, and backwards picking up the resulting dirt - and believe me, no matter how clean you think your floor is, it is not that clean at all! The pads get dirty very quickly. The steam cleaning is quick, efficient, and if you don't overdo the swooshes of steam, the floor is pretty dry shortly after you have finished. SO much better than a mop!

The original hard floor steam cleaner used water only to clean the floor. Ok, the steam made it pick up more than the mop, but it was just, essentially, water. The addition of the cleaning fluid really does pick up more grime and grease than the previous steam cleaner, and it has a pleasant refreshing scent as you clean, making it smell cleaner as you work.
There is an attachment for refreshing carpets. It does NOT clean carpets. There are vax carpet cleaners for this job! However, the steaming of a carpet does kill dead any bacteria, and as this is what causes carpets to smell, it does kill dead any traces of floor smells. And before you think I am a cleaning nut, bacteria does appear on carpets from sweaty feet or paws, small particles of skin and sundry other items that wipe over its surface in the usual way of life. The steam cleaner does eliminate the smells but not the dirt on carpets.

I have a parquet floor as well as lino. On lino the vax S2S Bare Floor Pro steam cleaner performed wonderfully, almost made it into the corners, but did make it right up tight against the kitchen kickboards, which pleased me tremendously. On the parquet floor, the cleaning fluid worked nicely but it felt a little sticky afterwards so merited a swoosh over with a cloth afterwards to mitigate this. I would not recommend it for much use on parquet flooring.

The positive side of the vax S2S Bare Floor Pro steam cleaner are:
- Light
- Easy to put together
- Easy to manipulate when cleaning
- Fast startup time
- Ten mins of steam cleaning more than enough for the kitchen floor, utility and two bathrooms (it really is that fast)
- Quick cool down time after use
- Easy to clean the pads afterwards - just toss them in the washing machine (do not use conditioner) but make sure the cleaner is COOL before you try and remove them
- Small to store, hardly takes up any room
- No more smelly damp mops hanging around the house (I threw my mop and bucket away)

There are downsides though:
- Can be a bit fiddly to get the cleaner housing off the machine to fill it with cleaner, took a few tries, but once you get the hang of it, it works just fine
- The Velcro pads are fine in the beginning, but how long will the Velcro last I wonder? I also noticed that one of the pads kept slipping off as I worked. Easy to put back, but should not have happened.
- I would be concerned about the cleaning fluid. Nice idea, but you have to go to extra expense to use the cleaner, and the cleaning fluid is so much more expensive than the stuff you used in your mop and bucket.

Overall it is an excellent buy though, it cut my floor cleaning time down from a whole morning (cleaning and dry time) to about fifteen mins, including setup and cool down of the machine. It was stress free and so easy to use. Therefore, I highly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw your mop away !!, 10 Mar 2012
Hi I have just used the vax S2S Bare floor pro steam for the first time, I have never used a steam cleaner of any description before so did not know what to expect.

I spent 10 minutes reading the instructions and had no problem getting the cleaner ready to use; it was quick and simple to assemble. There are two cylinders on either side of the unit one for water and one for the cleaning solution, these slide off for filling. The unit can be used with or with out cleaning solution, which is great for a quick clean. Also cost effective. The micro fibre cloth literally sticks to the bottom of the cleaner & pulls off to be cleaned in the washing machine when it's dirty.

I started work on the kitchen floor tiles first. I have 2 dogs and 2 children so cream tiles perhaps wasn't the best choice, Anyway I'm constantly mopping and because I use so much pressure on the mop to remove marks I break the handles regularly.
How surprised I was to find that the steam cleaner actually cleaned the floor better and with out all the hard work, the head glided round the units with ease. I was able to use one hand to pull the trigger to release steam and to slide the cleaner back and forth & tougher marks came away with just an extra glide across them.
The floor was cleaned in half the time it takes me to mop as I didn't have to rinse and squeeze between each stub an mark.

The cleaner is quite trim so stores very well in my cupboard as it's no taller than a mop handle and the head is smaller than the bucket. You can even detach the handle from the cleaning unit and it would probably fit in a cupboard under the sink. The cable is ample long enough to get around with out changing sockets and stores on the unit between the two hooks on the handle.

The Instructions state you can re fresh carpets so I had a go in the toilet upstairs. For doing Carpets the unit just sits on to a plastic support so it doesn't actually attach in any way. I'm slightly concerned at how long this attachment may last, been plastic and loose, as I lifted the unit & the attachment remained on the floor and I almost stood on it.
Initially it didn't glide as well, as you'd expect. Once I got going with the steam building up onto the carpet in moved easier. The head again almost manoeuvres it self around objects I.e. the toilet in this case. I'm not sure that I could see a difference in the carpet but I could definitely could smell an improvement and knowing that its steaming the carpet I know that germs were been killed so this was quite satisfying.

The laminate in the family room cleaned equally as well as the kitchen. I also noticed that when I changed direction there was a small build up of Hair and dust that had been missed by earlier vacuuming but if I returned the cleaner over this dust it stuck to the micro fibre cloth. Result.

Its name says it all really bare floor steam cleaner. This is what its best at and I can tell you its going to save me a fortune in mop handles and time. I'm more than happy with the cleaning results. My floors smell great and are shinning not to mention germ free well until the dogs and kids get back in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax bare floor steam mop, 19 Jun 2012
J. Whitters (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
The Steam mop is every thing it said on the product page,I have arthritis in my hands and was looking for an easier way to clean the floors, I had no problem removing and replacing the water and detergent tanks, the pads did get very wet but only after cleaning 3 floors,my laminate and vinyl floors dried within minutes. Absolutely delighted with my steam mop, my friends and daughters are now looking for one. Definitely would recommend this steam mop

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely love it, 18 Jun 2012
what a god send, i LOVE this. i have wooden floors, not sure if they are sealed..... i also have tiles in the kitchen and lino in the bathroom and this works just as well on all 3.
i moved my fridge out ... you can imagine what was behind / under it. 2 mins with this steaming on it and the grime just lifted off, very impressive. I dont even mind doing the floors now!!

The cleaner that comes with it has a nice fresh smell, which is not too strong.

storage is easy and cleaning the pads easy too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ Mop, 9 Dec 2013
VAX PRO BARE FLOOR MOP.......

I purchased this mop to replace my 2nd broken H2o.....

This mop is so easy to assemble. The mop head clicks into a notch as does the handle, no screws and tools needed. How wonderful yippee !......

INSTRUCTIONS short and sweet, read fully.....they are on a a small chain and attached to the mop...

After assembling the mop, I filled the water to tank to max which is at the front of the device. I then filled the detergent which is at the very back of the device. You slide both of the compartments open, by a pull pressure action. Fiddly until you do it for the 1st time, then it really is a doddle.....

MICRO CLOTH,
At 1st I thought this won't stay on the head, as it kept slipping of. I hoped that when the Mop was in use it would stay on the head, YAY it did perfectly....

WELL MADE
The mop is very sturdy and made to a very high standard for the price tag, unlike my H2o's which had not only a short handle but a very flimsy one and cost a small fortune.

POWER ON
I was really quite excited when it came to turning on the power. All you do is Plug it in, press the on button which will light up BLUE. When the GREEN light comes on it is ready for use EASY.....note though! you can still use it if green light is not lit up.....
All you do is, hold down the trigger allocated on the back of the handle to start the steam system. The instructions say not to hold it down continuously because your floor will get to wet. Well I prefered to hold it down and give it a jolly good clean. The kitchen floor wasn't that soaked and took only 15 minutes to dry. Howevery my lounge floor being oak took only 10 minutes to dry. Surly that must be because the wood retains the heat and dries even faster. However.....you can dry the floor using a clean micro fibre cloth just attach it without using the steam button, problem solved..

POWER LEAD,
The power lead on this mop is wonderfully long not like the other mops I have owned....I managed to clean a whole room without moving the plug else where. My lounge is 29 of my size 7 feet lol. That gives you an idea of just how long the cable is. It has a cable hook too...

WEIGHT....
The mop is so very lite to manoeuvre on kitchen tiles it is a dream. On natural wood it is slighlty more difficult to push but not overly, in my opinion that is only to be exspected!

SETTINGS,
You have a few setting on the front of the mop, an easy turn button....
1. Steam only for carpet freshening,
2. General Clean,
3. Spot clean, or
4. Tough Stains.
The steam only setting is for freshening up carpets apparently, but I use it as a rinse and polishing aid ;-)
lt is very handy, as I noticed you can use this mop without the detergent being released on this setting ......
You also have a Carpet Triangle with the mop, very useful...
The micro fibre cloth supplied with the mop is great, but you will need more than 1. I have now ordered a large pack from Amazon including the blue buffing micro cloth, at a great price I may add....

MANOURVABILITY.... hope I spelt that right!
This little mop is amazing, it lays completely flat making the job, going under tables and chairs easy..it goes around corners with ease with it's fab swivel head....

I TOTALLY LOVE THIS MOP AND WILL BE BUYING ANOTHER, YOU KNOW! JUST IN CASE ! Lol....

I'd like to add that I purchsed this Mop on Amazons black Friday for a price of just under 23.00 isn't that superb! However! after using this mop I would pay up to 70 without a grumble. I've spent more on electrical mops and found them on worthy of the money spent....

You will not regret buying this Mop Ladies and Gents.......HAPPY MOPING LOL ;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Detergent tank, 5 Jan 2014
The detergent tank costs 15 pounds + shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Best Friend, 6 April 2012
I bought my vax floor cleaner from Argos. It was the old model vax s2 I paid for and was given this upgrade with no comments made. I have a porcaelane floor for which no reviews have been left, So I was a bit worried about this. I have mastered a technique which works for me. I steam on the push away then release steam button when I bring the machine back towards myself. This works brilliantly as then the pads don't get too wet, and the floor stays dryer aswell. It was hit and miss as the first time my floor was dripping wet and I needed both pads. As it is a relatively new floor I cannot claim It has done wonders, However I have noticed that the grey grout now looks grey rather than white as before. I bake constantly and the flour seemed to stick to the grout with mop and bucket option now the flour is non existant which is a massive bonus. I have poor hand grip and severe pain so this was another worry. Well, It is easier to use than wringing out a mop and my button release technique means you actually only have to guide it where you wish with very little effort. I love this product as it saves time and is very easy for me to use despite my poor mobility and co-ordination. The other thing I will say if you are still there?... lol, Is I remove the detergant container and store it upside down until I need it again (Upright and it would leak), They show you a diagram of throwing liquid away then replacing container back to machine as you shouldn't leave water or chemicals in either container when not in use. This is a waste and expense. The water containers are a doddle to remove, You just stand over the machine, pull the container up towards you, then slide it back on when you replace it. I hope this has been informative to you as I love this product and feel it is worth the money and easy to use as well as doing a great job too. I have had this for four days at time of writing this review and I am still learning but I would buy again and wish I had bought it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great floor cleaner, 29 Mar 2013
I have all laminate flooring in my house,kids and a dog, this is just perfect for cleaning my floors. It's very easy to use
And really cleans my floors without marking my laminate

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 28 Dec 2012
Does the job well enough however the handle is somewhat flimsy and doesn't feel very secure. Lightweight easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars What I've Been Waiting For!!, 19 Mar 2012
For years I've tried numerous mops without sucess trying to find exactly what I needed, until I found the Vax S2S Bare Floor Pro Upright Steam Mop, I'll never need to but another mop again.

In the past, I've tried steam mops but I was never really sure about they're true cleaning properties when no detergent was involved in the cleaning process. I've also tried regualar mops but found that half way through the first use I was simply swilling dirty water across the floor and they never left the floor looking really clean.

The Vax S2S Bare Floor Pro is the answer to my hopes, finally I have a mop that cleans brilliantly, hygienically and with little effort from yourself. It was easy to set up once removed from the box and has a great 8m long electric cable so you can easily move from one room to another. Once set up it was simply a case of filling one compartment with water, the other with detergent, attach the cleaning pad, switch on and wait for the green indicator light to come on(20 seconds) and it was time to go!

The addition of detergent to a steam mop means that you really can cut through grease and stubbon marks in a whizz! The mop easily gets into all of the corners in the room, around table legs etc. It went quickly from lino in my kitchen to laminate in the living room and ceramic tiles in the porch. A full tank gives you 10 minutes cleaning time, which doesn't sound a lot but I was impressed that it was enough to do three rooms and the detergent leaves a lovely fresh citrus smell. The cleaning pads are easily detached and are fully machine washable so no more dirty mops lying around or expensive replacement mop heads to rebuy.

Rugs and carpets can easily be freshened up with use of the carpet glider which although doesn't clean carpets, removing small particles for dust etc and nasty smells.

In short, this mop is fantastic!! It is easy to use, is the most effective mop I've ever used, it makes cleaning the floor a breeze and for me is the best mop I have ever used.

ARRAY(0xb58696a8)