5.0 out of 5 stars Child-friendly robust design

Published 13 months ago by YamBee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
My 1 year old granddaughter loves my iPad, and this makes it a little bit safer for her to use. If it had a stand then it would be much better. In the absence of a stand I lean the iPad (in the iPad case) up against some furniture. If the iPad is flat on the floor then my granddaughter tries to lean on it which does not look safe. The cover on the front of the iPad screen is thin plastic - thin enough to use the iPad, but too thin to be sufficient protection if a child is leaning on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Child-friendly robust design, 5 Sept. 2014
Beansmummy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
This is a sturdy and robust product which protects my iPad efficiently when my 5 month old daughter plays on it. She has a variety of Fisher Price apps installed, and we spend a few minutes every other day or so playing with them, as part of her playtime. It is also a useful distraction if, for example, I have to answer the phone when she is with me; the apps keep her occupied rather than grizzling while I speak.

The unit is easy to open and close using a coin as a tool, and fits the standard iPad size perfectly (not suitable for the mini). It is straightforward to get in and out, so replaces your usual (adult-friendly) cover within seconds, rather than having to fiddle about for ages. The screen protector is flexible, with a hard section at one end of it; this means you can choose to allow the child to operate the 'home' button or not, depending on how you orientate the iPad in the cover.

My baby is very dribbly at present (teething), so my iPad needs a cover for this reason alone. But since most of the baby apps are designed for the baby to swipe/ bash at the screen and be rewarded by something happening as a result, it is reassuring to have a bit more protection.

Of course no parent is going to leave their baby/ small child alone with an iPad for entertainment (much more fun and value when you are there sharing it with them, talking about what they are seeing, showing them what to do and watching them explore etc) so you could argue that a dedicated child-proofing product is unnecessary. This is true, but it certainly adds peace of mind for that brief moment when the baby swipes extra hard and sends the thing flying from your grasp.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok....., 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
The case is good buy is quite bulky and makes the ipad very heavy (although we are using it with a first generation ipad so it may be better with newer ones). Handy being able to block the centre button but unfortunately you can't adjust volume or charge while the case is on... Good idea but not ideal for us

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect case, 25 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
I bought this case for a iPad which for my child. It is perfect size and very safe for my child to play the iPad

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 10 July 2014
Keeps baby entertained great

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
Saves from dribble but quite heavy for child to hold and screen only protected by film

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
Have this for my disabled daughter who managed to destroy a iPad in a survivor case and this is much better and more durable

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product.., 4 April 2014
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
Does the job. Just wish I could alter volume and turn on/off while it's in the case. Would still recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
This has been one of the best covers I've ever bought it means my iPad safe and daughter can still play

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Apptivity iPad Case (Toy)
Just what we were looking for, perfect for our little one to play her games on and our I pad is completley safe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›