on 8 December 2013
My 1 year old granddaughter loves my iPad, and this makes it a little bit safer for her to use. If it had a stand then it would be much better. In the absence of a stand I lean the iPad (in the iPad case) up against some furniture. If the iPad is flat on the floor then my granddaughter tries to lean on it which does not look safe. The cover on the front of the iPad screen is thin plastic - thin enough to use the iPad, but too thin to be sufficient protection if a child is leaning on it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a sturdy and robust product which protects my iPad efficiently when my 5 month old daughter plays on it. She has a variety of Fisher Price apps installed, and we spend a few minutes every other day or so playing with them, as part of her playtime. It is also a useful distraction if, for example, I have to answer the phone when she is with me; the apps keep her occupied rather than grizzling while I speak.

The unit is easy to open and close using a coin as a tool, and fits the standard iPad size perfectly (not suitable for the mini). It is straightforward to get in and out, so replaces your usual (adult-friendly) cover within seconds, rather than having to fiddle about for ages. The screen protector is flexible, with a hard section at one end of it; this means you can choose to allow the child to operate the 'home' button or not, depending on how you orientate the iPad in the cover.

My baby is very dribbly at present (teething), so my iPad needs a cover for this reason alone. But since most of the baby apps are designed for the baby to swipe/ bash at the screen and be rewarded by something happening as a result, it is reassuring to have a bit more protection.

Of course no parent is going to leave their baby/ small child alone with an iPad for entertainment (much more fun and value when you are there sharing it with them, talking about what they are seeing, showing them what to do and watching them explore etc) so you could argue that a dedicated child-proofing product is unnecessary. This is true, but it certainly adds peace of mind for that brief moment when the baby swipes extra hard and sends the thing flying from your grasp.
on 14 February 2015
This has been a godsend! Our iPad is regularly dropped on wooden floors by my rather boisterous two year old and this case has saved it everytime.

You can adjust the volume on the iPad 1, you double click the home button and swipe to the left where the brightness and volume at the bottom of the screen.

My only problem with this case is you can't charge the iPad when it's on, but it only takes a few seconds to put it back together.

Would recommend to keep iPad safe from little hands
on 27 December 2013
Pros: Very sturdy, The iPad has survived drops and even a couple throws.
Pushing home button, ipad can be fited in 2 ways, one with the home button locked or turn other end for lockfree.
Cons: No access to charging, you can't access the outside volume bottom power button or charging area. However, you can still access the volume from the setting menus.
Heavy to carry, the case is a bit of hard to carry by little ones with the handle.
on 20 May 2015
Good product, does the job and protects the iPad. It's just really heavy when little one tries to hold it. Plus I'd say that screen protection gets dirty very quick as everything gets stucked in it.
It's also a job to remove it when you want to charge the iPad especially when you're on the go.
Think if I had to buy another case for kids I would try the Speck Guy one.
on 10 August 2014
The case is good buy is quite bulky and makes the ipad very heavy (although we are using it with a first generation ipad so it may be better with newer ones). Handy being able to block the centre button but unfortunately you can't adjust volume or charge while the case is on... Good idea but not ideal for us
on 8 March 2014
I was in two minds about this but bought it as it was at a great price on Amazon, I'm very impressed. The only criticism I have is it could do with something to help it stand up a little higher when you're not holding it but other than that it's really good. The fisher price apps are good too.
on 20 July 2014
Almost perfect.

Stops your little one wrecking your ipad.

We have our old ipad in here, so dedicated use for our little girl.

The only improvement I think is fundamental is the way to charge the ipad without taking it out of the case every time.
on 30 June 2015
Great for a little one to use the Ipad, but looses 2 stars as you can't charge while still in the case and you have to go through the rigmarole of unscrewing the back to take it out when battery runs out.otherwise nice solid case which will take a fare smash to break.
on 14 October 2015
Perfect for my baby has a cover so the button does not get damaged, the only thing is if you want to change apps using the home button you have to take the iPad out but I don't mind that as its completely protected from baby, also my iPad Air 2 fits in this.