5.0 out of 5 stars John Wilson Light Orchestra
John Wilson has created the best light orchestra I have heard for many a long year.

For me it is nostalgic due to the fact that I'm terribly old (77) so I can sit listening to it whilst dreaming away of the days when life was no hassle, happy, great fun and less intense than to-day.

For me the best recording is one I had to have specially created for...
Published on 9 Jan. 2010 by G. E. Price

1.0 out of 5 stars soft lights &sweet music
I was very dissapointed with this cd Very dull and slow just not what I expected
I saw the show on BBC3 THIS WAS VERY GOOD Songs from the shows
You can't win them all.
Knitting Nan
Published on 4 Oct. 2010 by knitting nan

5.0 out of 5 stars John Wilson Light Orchestra, 9 Jan. 2010

For me the best recording is one I had to have specially created for me of the John Wilson Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall playing music from MGM musicals.

I have all his CDs but there can never be enough, so maybe he will jog up and down waving his baton to many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining hour's popular orchestral music, 30 Sept. 2012
Dr. H. A. Jones "Howard Jones" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is another CD released by Vocalion that features the John Wilson Orchestra playing popular melodies arranged by Angela Morley. She has arranged many popular and classical works for performers such as Leopold Stokowski, Placido Domingo, Yo Yo Ma, and Frederica von Stade. She has also worked as orchestrator, composer or arranger on many film scores, such as Star Wars, E.T., Home Alone and Schindler's List. It was she who arranged the lovely waltz tune by the Sherman brothers for the British television version of the Cinderella story, The Slipper and the Rose.

This CD features 16 songs from the American Songbook - some are songs from movies or Broadway shows, others are songs written for Tin Pan Alley. Some are very well known, like Vernon Duke's `April in Paris', Jerome Kern's `Smoke gets in your eyes', the Gershwins' `Embraceable you'; and Rodgers and Hart's `Where or when'. But other tracks, though still popular, are less well-known - titles like Claude Thornhill's `Snowfall'; Kern's `Nobody else but me'; and Johnny Mandel's `Emily'. This is a thoroughly entertaining hour of popular music in individual arrangements.

5.0 out of 5 stars relax, 10 Sept. 2011
very lovely relaxed arrangments - top band great sound - john on form as normal worth your dosh should release more stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Real music, 28 Jan. 2012
D. Parsons (Northants) - See all my reviews
Nice to be still able to buy real music, Sit and relax with this CD,If you like orchestral music You will not be disappionted. John Wilson and his orchestra are to be congratulated for their performance.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love easy listening type of music and this CD fits ..., 20 July 2014
I love easy listening type of music and this CD fits the bill. I hate previews because I don't wish to go on endlessly about the artiste or product. I know what I like,thats why I bought it. No complaints. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A class act in music, 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Soft Lights & Sweet Music - Classic Angela Morely Arrangements (MP3 Download)
If you like smooth music then this is for you. The arrangements are out of this world, especially Lonely Town.
This is just the music to get all nostalgic over. I loved every minute of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality counts, 6 Mar. 2013
Because Amazon make it possible for me to play the music I select . If I like it, I dowload it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music., 29 Mar. 2015
I love the John Wilson orchester great music, klovely songs sung by the best voices.

5.0 out of 5 stars good nostalgic music, 10 Mar. 2015
Another good cd from a great orchestra and a brilliant leader and arranger

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Feb. 2015
Rai Ruddock - See all my reviews
As with all John Wilson music --- "Superb"