on 24 May 2014
The fit (mostly) and finish on our door is good, however it does have a couple of issues:

1. The brushes fit together very tightly, so allied to a very stiff flap Postie has a real job trying to get the post through the door. This was partly solved when one brush came off, but that rather defeated the object. No matter, I thought, because it fits so well, it should still be draught-free, even with a single brush. However, we reckoned without:

2. Whilst the flap and some of the frame is very robust, the lower frame seems much more flimsy, and because it is not screwed down it has bowed allowing draughts to come through. It is fixable if I can be bothered to drill and screw the frame, but it's a niggle nonetheless.
on 3 April 2015
The picture clearly shows a black, rubber-like seal around the brushes. Mine arrived today and does NOT have one (see photo).
There is not even the opportunity to add a seal myself as the metal design does not allow for one so it's not like they forgot to put it in the pack..
The reason I bought the thing was to seal out noise and drafts using the NON-EXSISTANT black seal and the brushes.
The metal is not substantial and the thing feels cheap so would keep out much noise regardless of a seal.
I would expect to pay about £6 for an item of this quality.
Others here have said the brushes detach from the unit but mine won't be given the joy of falling to bits.
Another tedious return to Amazon.
review image
on 6 May 2014
The brushes overlap, so after the post has been put through, the two sets of brushes intermingle and stop the flap closing. It's a pretty terrible design. I regret buying it. What's the point of brushes to reduce draughts if they stop the letterbox closing?
on 25 April 2014
Very good interior letter box, you can tell it's good quality that has been well made (apart from the top brush but keep reading). Keeps out draughts perfectly and also looks nice unlike the cheap plastic type ones...however when I came to install this I noticed the bolt holes for my external letter box lined up in the exact same position as the interior holes for the letter box causing a bit of modification, also as others have stated on here the top brush sometimes comes out when the post is delivered causing you to put it back in place, sorted with a bit of super glue not a major problem but still annoying (hence 4 stars)...apart from that very pleased with my purchase.
on 13 June 2015
Regret I didn't trouble to read earlier reviews: 1. Height of slot insufficient so bottom of frame interferes with delivery of mail. 2. Brushes prevent external letterbox flap closing after delivery. 3. Frame doesn't allow for external letter box fixing bolts. 4. 'Seal' on product flap interferes with delivery. Apart from that it is very pretty!
on 3 June 2015
The item I received did not quite match the picture shown on the product page. There is a combination of a very strong spring mechanism with a strip of draught excluder glued to the inside bottom of the flap which may be great at keeping out draughts but is also superb at keeping out post. All attempts at posting items through have resulted in them catching on the draught excluder and then either being pushed back out again or finally making their way through in a crumpled mess. This fault is so obvious that I cannot believe this made it past the design stage and into production.
on 15 April 2014
Before I got home today, I was going to put a more favourable comment on via my phone. But, when I got home today, half the brushes have come off, as the post has been posted through the door. Nothing heavy, hopefully I have clipped it back. Disappointed.
on 12 March 2014
It's certainly going to keep the storm out, as well as junk mail - the springs are so stiff that it's a real job to get anything flimsy through the letter box now, though the postman seems to be getting used to folding our mail in half!
on 7 March 2014
I did buy this to replace a broken letter box, however this product was not a correct replacement and ended up being replaced again. However it was a good letter box and would definitely keep a draught out.
on 21 July 2014
ive bought 2 of these in the hopes i had just gotten a dud but both suffer from the top brush falling off after a few days of my postie doing his job. If your want a quality product that will last a few years look elsewhere.