on 18 July 2012
Ordered this so I could keep one cable at home and another for travelling. Came within about three days in the post in a small jiffy bag. I have tested it on my Kindle Touch, and it works fine. I'll be using it for travelling.

This cable is just like the photograph on the relevant Amazon page. It's just under a metre long - for me a bit easier than that supplied with the Kindle.

It also looks a little more robust than the original - the cable attachment to the two plugs do have some reinforcement. The result is that the plugs are slightly thicker than on the Amazon one, but no thicker than the Kindle itself, so it should be fine if you keep your kindle in a case.

Time will tell how robust it actually proves (I will update if it fails) but for now it seems a good buy.
on 16 August 2012
A cable you can't do without when the original was damaged.
A little bit of searching and I found this one which most suited my needs.
As good as the original but much cheaper, so it was a no brainer to pay more for the same item.
on 6 September 2012
This product was a lot cheaper than the official kindle lead so I took the gamble and went for it. Although it is a tight fit into my 3G kindle, it seems to work fine and charged quite happily over night the same as my old kindle lead used to do, until my puppy unfortunately destroyed it! Definitely worth getting if you need a replacement lead.
on 12 June 2015
This seem better than the original charger.,I had to jiggle the thing around as the connection was loose.This one is a good fit, the way it has been designed seems to make it a much more secure fitting.My technical description leaves a lot to be desired I know,but so far I am impressed,and the battery icon turns green when fully charged unlike the other one. , Delivery only took a couple of days .Happy with my choice. Fits Kindle Fire a treat.
on 8 October 2012
Does what it says it will do. More robust than the original one supplied with Kindle. Using regularly now . Good buy at a good price
on 24 March 2013
Item arrived promptly and is as described. However, as with all 'off the shelf' USB plugs it is bulky, possibly twice or more as thick as the plugs on the original Kindle cable which are no thicker than the Kindle. While this isn't a problem for the plug that fits the power source or computer USB socket, it is a problem at the Kindle USB socket. My Kindle lives in a Belkin case which is slightly larger than the Kindle. This prevents the plug on this cable fitting into the Kindle without an alarming amount of 'wiggling' and, probably, associated strain on the USB socket, unlike the plug on the original cable.

I won't be using this cable as it is while my Kindle is in the Belkin case. I am going to take a knife to the plug with the aim of reducing its thickness.

As a backup means of charging the Kindle out of the Belkin case it is fine.
on 11 April 2016
With previous leads I have struggled to get a reliable connection through the thickness of my phone cover. This has a broad flat-ended plug at the phone end enabling a very positive connection every time. Excellent product and price.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 February 2016
A bit disappointed with this as the cable is really short (about half the length compared to the one I already had that came with my Kindle). The USB is a good fit in the plug and the connection seems okay. It did arrive quickly so that was good.
on 17 March 2016
I was apprehensive about buying this but needn't have worried - it fitted my old Kindle perfectly and does the job.
It arrived very quickly and I've had no problems with the company so can heartily recommend it and them.
on 14 April 2016
The only hiccup I have is the lead was quite short otherwise very pleased with the product. It actually fits better than the original I have. Product came earlier than expected so thank you, it was waiting for me when I got home. I would have given five stars except the shortness of the lead. Thank you. Sylvia