on 3 December 2013
A great selection. Some poems I have not read before. Excellent selection and uses less familiar but no less challenging poets. Why do we put soldiers through such suffering?
on 29 November 2013
The poems in this book were the ones I was taught at school 40 years ago. The sentiments are still relevant today as they were then. Good collection of poetry.
on 13 December 2013
Enjoyed this book but several very well known poems missing. Worth reading our great wartime poets though as you get a true feeling of the horrors of WW1
on 14 January 2014
I purchased this as I love poetry and I remember some of these from my schooldays. The price was good value and the book was delivered promptly.
on 25 November 2013
This is a great collection of authentic voices from the trenches. Fascinating to hear the changes in mood and attitude.
on 14 December 2014
Superb ! very emotive - an excellent reminder that "we shall remember them". A must for every bookshelf .
on 8 December 2013
A superb collection of poems that shows the state of things a tthe time of writing and one that could be repeaed
on 4 April 2014
It is what it says on the front with a selection of the best known WE1 poems ,inspiring and depressing.
on 16 January 2015
i bought it for my husband, but i read in it as much as he does.it's a wonderful book!
on 31 October 2014
this is a book that pulls at the heart strings,
some really beauiful poems