VINE VOICEon 27 March 2012
I've never read one of Liz Crowe's books before, but having finished this one, I'm very glad the next two in the trilogy are sitting on my Kindle waiting to be devoured!

Floor Time is the first in The Realtors trilogy. This book is the story of Jack Gordon and Sara Thornton. They're both in the real estate business in Ann Arbor. Jack is the golden boy of the company, having made millions by closing deals. Sara is relatively new to the game, but she's incredibly focussed and good at her job, therefore she's got her own money stacking up in the bank.

As well as being a successful businessman, Jack is successful in his sexual conquests - having a virtual black book that most other men would kill for, but he never stays with one woman for long. Sara, despite finding Jack attractive, is determined not to be a number added to that book, then discarded. She wants fulfilment, but not enough to get mixed up with the notorious bad boy.

Soon, it becomes apparent that Jack is as attracted to her as she is to him, and when circumstances throw them together, sparks begin to fly. But with both of them having their own reasons for not getting into a relationship, things spiral out of control until Jack finally admits what he needs, and shows Sara what she's been missing.

I really enjoyed Floor Time. The setting is different and interesting, the plot unique and the characters easy to engage and identify with. It's a well-written, incredibly sexy book, and particularly with its ending, has left me clamouring to read more.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 26 April 2014
When I started reading this book it had 5 reviews, 4 good 1 not so much so I thought I'd give it a go. The problem for me was that I didn't really like the two main characters, Sara, although portrayed as a strong independent woman, which in a lot of cases she was she was a doormat for Jack, yes you could argue strong sexual attraction and lust and I know she tried to resist but it was a case of one time too many, oh and another and another... You get the picture, and Jack, where do I start with Jack, as a rule I like a bad boy and in these books we expect a certain amount of 'playboy' but he was a man-whore and it was a little too much for me. Also I didn't really feel the chemistry between them and the bdsm bit, to me at least felt like it had been added later it just didn't seem to fit it with the rest of the book.
On the positive side I loved Sara's brother Blake as well as Rob and Craig.
I did think when I started this book that it was Jack and Sara's story and the next book would feature a different couple so it was with surprise that when curiosity got the better if me and I checked out the next two books they're both the continuation of this relationship which is worth bearing in mind, it's not a problem for me since I won't be continuing on but I do like to know beforehand if I'm reading a standalone or the first in a series.
on 18 July 2012
I read this after finishing the Fifty Shades of Grey. I didn't think any other books would live up to them however I was wrong. The way Liz Crowe writes is intriguing and the little hints to all the characters pasts leaves you wanting to find out what makes them tick. The lead character Jack Gordon is more addcitive that Christian Grey, in my opinion. The 'love making' scenes are really well put together and the emotions really come out of the page. But it's all of the characters back stories that keep you reading and wanting more.
on 5 July 2012
Have to say I really did enjoy this book along with the three others that followed on to it, and am looking forward to the next two that will follow shortly..These books caused me stupid oclock times to bed as I couldnt put them down. I dont want to give away spoilers but one should read them all to see where all the characters are coming from, esp the Fourth one Essence of Time. Well done to Liz Crowe.
I found book 1 much more gritty. it did take me a while to get into the book.
The author writes well but I'm not finding the storyline gripping me as yet. It reminds me of some other books I've read this year.
Going to get onto book 2 maybe this one will draw me in more.
I just can't suck myself into the pages.
on 13 June 2014
Really enjoyed this book! I couldn't put it down. Great story line, characters and some raunchy sex what else could you ask for in a book. Looking forward to reading the next book
on 9 August 2014
Great story read while travelling on my vacation..can't wait to get home and get book 2&3..think there is a lot more to read about the characters in the next books
How did I end up with such an angsty book? I don't know. I can handle some angst to keep it interesting, but the angst in this book had me so frustrated. One moment, I'm caught up in the hero's action, almost as if I were watching a car crash, all the while cringing and saying to myself, oh no, he didn't just do or say that. Obviously, the very next minute, I was then caught in the urge to strangle the living breath right out of the man.

I mean, I love a jerk hero, but this guy was detestable to me. I absolutely felt no liking for him; I had no emotional understanding of him. I guess his childhood, and more importantly, his really bad break-up from years ago make him the way he is. But, really, this gives him reason to act like a complete azzhat? I don't buy it. And the man's a slut, all over town. I can take a guy having a rep, being a bit of a player, but to encounter a conquest everywhere he goes? Omg.

And that scene with Heather? Just as much as the hero infuriated me, the heroine, Sara, was also guilty of irritating my very last nerve. Ok, can you stop crying for just one second, be a woman, and bust that man's nuts for every woman reading this book right now? If anyone deserved a karate chop to the nuts, this hero did.

As for the bdsm aspect here, it does feel as it were just thrown in for the sake of it; it's very superficial to the story, for all the depth and weight it's given. The hero was supposedly way into the scene years ago but left it (this is supposed to be part of his character motivation), and now with the heroine, he's feeling all these Dom urges again. Please, spare me. If this man's a 'natural master', I'll kiss your ... He's too weak, too untrustworthy, and too unreliable to be a true Dom. He's practically an emotional cripple.

I can't give this story a 3 or better because it wasn't an okay read for me. I didn't like either main character, didn't understand why the heroine put up with the things he did, they both made me want to pull my hair out, and I didn't believe the romance or the possibility of a true HEA. Maybe there's a HFN there, until he screws up again. The hero was not redeemed for me. He is definitely one of those guys who would say, oh, I'm sorry but I stumbled and my d- accidentally landed in this other woman's vagina.

If you like a lot of angst, then you will probably be very happy with this book, but I didn't like it at all. No offense to the author or any other reader who loved Floor Time, but I found not one thing romantic or likeable about this story or these characters. I was annoyed, frustrated, dismayed, and disgusted most of the time.

ETA: When I first got this book, I did't realize it was a series that continues the story of the same h/H and that it would be a circular thing of one or both of them screwing up time and again.
on 29 April 2016
If you find weak women, beautiful silly, vain people interesting. Fairly repetitive in some parts and difficult to like characters
on 23 November 2015